New Vans x Marc Jacobs

tangerine

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these better than the Trovata or the Supremes. I will probably go for Sk8 His, myself.

They are silver. If you can tolerate the very slow-loading Flash on the marc jacobs web site, you can look at close-ups.

They are patent leather according to the people in the SF Marc Jacobs store. But patent leather can mean plastic... definition: http://www.apparelsearch.com/Definitions/Fabric/patent_leather.htm

horriblyjollyjinx, I don't think they are out until the end of this month... maybe then, I dunno.

ask a cassowary

.. i hope they're done in half sizes ... unlike last time ... but i guess i'd be forced to lean more towards a 10 ...

i'm not really feeling the ALL patent leather joints ... but the white / green all patent old skools are hot.

the black patent/suede old skools are on my grocery list. absolutely killer.

• 4 weeks later...

Eeeeewwww @ patent leather, but the light colored check slip ons all the way to the right are okay.

Nothing beats the early 80's where you could custom design your own vans. You'd get a paper Vans catalog in the mail and could pick different patterned rubber, suede and canvas areas for the entire shoe.

Quote:

Eeeeewwww @ patent leather, but the light colored check slip ons all the way to the right are okay.

Nothing beats the early 80's where you could custom design your own vans. You'd get a paper Vans catalog in the mail and could pick different patterned rubber, suede and canvas areas for the entire shoe.

--- Original message by Nate Lyons on Nov 1, 2005 07:30 AM

you can do exactly that on their website.

I talked to someone at the Melrose store and they told me the shoes would be out in December.

I don't know if they will ship overseas, but you could call one of the stores and ask. The numbers are on the web site. Melrose is 323-653-0100, sorry I don't know the country code for USA.

ask a cassowary

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Nate Lyons on Nov 1, 2005 07:30 AM

you can do exactly that on their website.

--- Original message by shoegal on Nov 1, 2005 08:41 AM

the site thing is nothing like what hes talking about.