Sold My First Site For $20,000 Internet Is Great :)

jwarri5

Man I've been holding out on telling about one of my sites I've sold for $20,000. (Domain removed for privacy reasons)

To be honest I could've got more for the site if I had waited a few more months, but the new owners definitely did better things with the site and probably doubled the value of the site.

its not as hard as it seems and as you can see it is good money. I'm in the process of selling my next site and hopefully I can get some of the same results with this one. Really its about having ideas that will gain traffic quickly and you can sell it for a quick flip.

I've been able to make this a full-time job and I can work from anywhere..In my opinion it doesn't get any better than this.

I also own dobizo.com, but I'm not ever selling that I'm in it for the long run with that site...its my passion.

If you have any questions on how to sell or build sites post them and I will answer them...and check out my sites.

Do any of you dabble with internet properties?

so wait, is this a fan site? are you building them then selling them?

i thought buying domains for the purpose of selling them to large companies was illegal, maybe i'm missing something

No it;s not illegal at all. As long as you don't copy any of their copyrighted or trademarked material.

I didn't sell it to a larger company just another internet entrepreneur. When i owned it I didn't sell any of their product on the site. Just google adsense was on the site and that was it.

My partner handled most of the transaction so I'm not sure exactly how he went about it, but from my understanding it wasn't a business just a buyer from sitepoint.

How to sell quick to Nigeria?
It's illegal to buy a domain name and to hold on to it just to sell it if you're not using it.

What jwarri5 did is called selling a business. And he is a SICK FUCK.

You're so wrong..and have no idea of what you're talking about it.

Did you even look at the site? it is a blog/fan site.

I didn't buy a domain and just hold on to sell it back to the company that is illegal.

I started a fan site about the shoes and it started to take off and then got offers from buyers and decided to sell it..get your facts straight.

This is a business and millions are doing it if it is illegal than why is it so publicly known about it?

There are million dollar businesses that do this type of operation.

I wouldn't participate in nothing illegal..have no reason and if I did I wouldn't post it on a widely popular forum..c'mon.

This is a business and millions are doing it if it is illegal than why is it so publicly known about it?

bad logic. there are lots of people selling pirated movies and video games, and it's publicly known; doesn't make it any less illegal