Fuck the NYPD

the_state

cops are not trained to wound. when they fire their gun on a suspect, it is to shoot to kill. there is no difference between killing the guy with three bullets to the chest or 31. the intent was the same. on a side note, i agree with the verdict.

either you're a troubled individual or you trying to start some shit.

theres a difference between shooting to kill with 3 shots and MAKING sure you kill with 31 shots from ONE pistol. and when the cops say they saw a weapon and none was found someone needs to be held accountable and some justice served.

Well that's true... But i'm a racist... but racist towards people who don't work...people that live an all the subvension France give them... That pisses me off! my parents pay more than 100k$ taxes per year to people fucking illegal immigrants!

But that happened to Rodney King to right? and all the cops were free after that...

I like this thread... It interesting once in a while to stop speeking about fashion...

Well, don't get mixed up here. In English, 'racist' implies that you dislike people of other races beyond the fact that many of them are illegal immigrants exploiting welfare. Hell, you guys have a huge problem in France with eastern european immigrants as well. Most of them are white.

The Rodney King beating isn't even remotely comparable to this.

theres a difference between shooting to kill with 3 shots and MAKING sure you kill with 31 shots from ONE pistol. and when the cops say they saw a weapon and none was found someone needs to be held accountable and some justice served.

Please, stop with the "no weapon was found" shit. That wasn't the only factor that defined this case. 31 is excessive, the guy likely needs psychiatric counseling. But firing into a moving car with anything less than 20 shots in the middle of the night and being able to kill everyone in it is very unlikely.

if i'm a cop and i'm fearing for my life, especially after the suspects try to use their vehicle as a deadly weapon, along with throwing the word "gun" around (whether it be serious or in jest), you're damn right i'm going to MAKE SURE the guy is dead.

this is one of the many circular arguments in life.......

the cops were definitely wrong in shooting and shooting so excessively and they should all do time

but none of us were there and no one knows what really went down except those guys....

sounds like someone fired....the cops heard shots so everyone fired....they were all shitless so they continued to fire....classic "i heard shots fired so i shot"

i have quite a few friends that aer cops....some are dumb as bricks, others are regular joes just trying to collect a paycheck and make it home at night.....most have never fired their guns and most never expect to...

as safe as NYC has become over the years, there are still plenty of grimey parts of the city...Jamaica (where this shit happened) is one of them (I went to high school there) ....and I think alot of the crime stats have been "softened" over the years (especially during guiliani's reign) to make the city seem safer and get tourism up....

my first thoughts when i heard the verdict was//uh oh..people gonna get buck wild but i think alot of people have learned from the LA riots....cause the people that do the rioting usually only fuck up their own neighborhoods and that aint a good look......

anywayz...I totally agree shits fucked up...cops should pay but sadly did you expect any different.......no riots please or else i gotta be up on my rooftop like a korean grocer and you know how they get down....

now i'm going to supreme to buy soem street cred.........peas

if i'm a cop and i'm fearing for my life, especially after the suspects try to use their vehicle as a deadly weapon, along with throwing the word "gun" around (whether it be serious or in jest), you're damn right i'm going to MAKE SURE the guy is dead.

i believe if you're a cop you are always fearing for your life...

i didnt read anything about the suspects using the car as a weapon. all i read was that they were driving away?

even if all you are saying is true the cop is a fucking idiot for firing so much. if you really want to kill a nigga atleast be ninja about it. in other words dont allow the community to suspect that it was "racial" by almost emptying 2 clips.

also did any really expect for the cops to be held accountable?

i believe if you're a cop you are always fearing for your life...

i didnt read anything about the suspects using the car as a weapon. all i read was that they were driving away?

even if all you are saying is true the cop is a fucking idiot for firing so much. if you really want to kill a nigga atleast be ninja about it. in other words dont allow the community to suspect that it was "racial" by almost emptying 2 clips.

life for the average nypd streetcop isn't like lethal weapon, die hard, or max payne. most of their duty is paperwork.

i'm not sure how you can compare an immediate life threatening situation to their daily assumption of potential "danger."

as for the ninja comment, i don't know if you're joking or just a complete moron, but as i stated before, two of the cops were black.

Guest youkinorn

It means you need to stop acting like this case holds any relevance for you. Encouraging rioting? Condeming an ENTIRE police department that has made the biggest city in the US one of the safest cities in the US?

I live in this country. Thus, it has relevance to my life. I don't have to fit into the demographic of the victim in order for it to hurt me when shit like this happens.

Apparently you edited your post before I really got a chance to respond, but I'm 20 and white, not 15 and white. Thanks.

There are bad apples in any service. Military serviceman do things 100x worse than this in Iraq on a daily basis. Yes, the officers went WAY overboard, but I hate to break it to you, this isn't the first time excessive force has been used when it possibly shouldn't have been. The difference it that this time they shot a young black man who was getting married the next day. Makes for a far more tragic article.

Yes. Of course it's not the first time it's happened, nor will it be the last. That's why it's a problem. The fact that he was getting married the next day has absolutely no bearing on my sentiments towards the situation.

And the races of the cops who shot him is only one of the factors here. To me, the real question is: if it were me (white man that I am) who had been shot, would the verdict have come back the same?

It would be interesting to know what would have to be going on in someone's mind as they fired off that many rounds at a human being who is not firing back.

see..thats my point....

they were morons but not looking to "killa n*gg@" or they would have been smarter about it...they were just looking to arrest some hoes..maybe get some free head and go home ....

and when it all went down they were like "oh shit!!! they shootin..aaa made ya look"

life for the average nypd streetcop isn't like lethal weapon, die hard, or max payne. most of their duty is paperwork.

i'm not sure how you can compare an immediate life threatening situation to their daily assumption of potential "danger."

im not from NYC but the time and area the cops were in they should be ready for the worst even if earlier in the day they were filing paper work...

as for the ninja comment, i don't know if you're joking or just a complete moron, but as i stated before, two of the cops were black.

honeslty race shouldnt have anything to do with but the victim just so happen to be black and the way he died makes it seem that the police whether black, white or orange are out to kill young black man. (not my view)

Guest chemi

even more frightning than police incompetence is the free pass that protects those at fault de facto. both intstutional flaws combined make for a pretty dangerous combination given todays society. hair splitting, trial-by-trial...these events should at least be a HUGE wake-up call to review the current institutionalized negligence that KILLS people

but nothing will change yet again.

It means you need to stop acting like this case holds any relevance for you. Encouraging rioting? Condeming an ENTIRE police department that has made the biggest city in the US one of the safest cities in the US?

england.

i highly respect your opinion; you're one of the more educated and reasonable people on this board. but you gotta get your facts straight: the crime rate was dropping across the entire nation in the 90s, which trickled down to new york. by no means was this crime-drop a direct result of bill bratton and guiliani's effective police strategies. you're giving them too much credit.

BKTw-UHalZc

Holy shit. Those Korean guys are insane. Ha hah.

england.

i highly respect your opinion; you're one of the more educated and reasonable people on this board. but you gotta get your facts straight: the crime rate was dropping across the entire nation in the 90s, which trickled down to new york. by no means was this crime-drop a direct result of bill bratton and guiliani's effective police strategies. you're giving them too much credit.

In any case, there's no denying that they played a major role in this. One only has to examine the fact that regardless of a national crime rate drop, NYC has continued to experience further violent crime reduction (at a record low last year) whereas other major cities have seen dramatic increases. Of course, the job market, gun control, security initiatives, the economy, etc. etc. all have a role in this, but the effectiveness of a police force is undeniable. It's not like their nationally known as being a terrible police department. They do their jobs.

But anyway, carry on. I'm not an NY-native, so I can't argue the city's politics as well as I would like.

if it were me (white man that I am) who had been shot, would the verdict have come back the same?

There wouldn't even have been a trial because no one would care. Even if the cops that shot you were all black and carved 'cracker' into your chest. That is how these things work. White people only make the news if they are young affluent girls who are kidnapped/murdered (Elizabeth Smart, Jon-Benet, Natalie Holloway, Chandra Levy), and black people only make the news if they have a violent interaction with the police.

As soon as OMC is done watching Thirteen, he will be preparing a 90-page manifesto response.

Holy shit. Those Korean guys are insane. Ha hah.

In any case, there's no denying that they played a major role in this. One only has to examine the fact that regardless of a national crime rate drop, NYC has continued to experience further violent crime reduction (at a record low last year) whereas other major cities have seen dramatic increases. Of course, the job market, gun control, security initiatives, the economy, etc. etc. all have a role in this, but the effectiveness of a police force is undeniable. It's not like their nationally known as being a terrible police department. They do their jobs.

But anyway, carry on. I'm not an NY-native, so I can't argue the city's politics as well as I would like.

i've got my own issues w/ the boys in blue. this past fall my apt was robbed (along with 3-4 other buildings on my block. the local precinct is practically within throwing distance of the brownstone i live in (brett favre could nail their front door from my stoop w/ his eyes closed). despite this, and several 911 calls, it took those fuckers 30 minutes to get to my apt. to make matters worse, we were locked out b/c the sonsofbitches who robbed my place chainlocked the front door, and left through the window (so we couldn't get in). when they showed up late, they had practically no explanation, and were rude as fuck (one was just sitting on my couch w/ his legs on my coffee table, complaining about how tired his fat ass was). they got out of my apt as fast as i could, and never filed the case (i called the station up about a week later to see if there were any leads, and the guy i spoke with tried looking up my case in the computer and found nothing). meanwhile, there's a cop on every block during the day to give out parking tickets. justice at their pace, i guess.

i've got my own issues w/ the boys in blue. this past fall my apt was robbed (along with 3-4 other buildings on my block. the local precinct is practically within throwing distance of the brownstone i live in (brett favre could nail their front door from my stoop w/ his eyes closed). despite this, and several 911 calls, it took those fuckers 30 minutes to get to my apt. to make matters worse, we were locked out b/c the sonsofbitches who robbed my place chainlocked the front door, and left through the window (so we couldn't get in). when they showed up late, they had practically no explanation, and were rude as fuck (one was just sitting on my couch w/ his legs on my coffee table, complaining about how tired his fat ass was). they got out of my apt as fast as i could, and never filed the case (i called the station up about a week later to see if there were any leads, and the guy i spoke with tried looking up my case in the computer and found nothing). meanwhile, there's a cop on every block during the day to give out parking tickets. justice at their pace, i guess.

it is extremely rare that larcenists are EVER caught.

Guest youkinorn

There wouldn't even have been a trial because no one would care. Even if the cops that shot you were all black and carved 'cracker' into your chest. That is how these things work. White people only make the news if they are young affluent girls who are kidnapped/murdered (Elizabeth Smart, Jon-Benet, Natalie Holloway, Chandra Levy), and black people only make the news if they have a violent interaction with the police.

I disagree, but I guess we don't really have any way to know. 50+ shots fired and no weapon found seems enough to get some publicity to me, but again, not exactly something either of us can prove or disprove.

I disagree, but I guess we don't really have any way to know. 50+ shots fired and no weapon found seems enough to get some publicity to me, but again, not exactly something either of us can prove or disprove.

Well. You could grow a beard, strap some play-doh to your chest and run into the NYPD station with the severed head of Mister Mistoffeles. That's enough to get any New Yorker riled up.

Ok, so the bachelor and his buddies were outside arguing with this ho, telling her to do all 4 of them, but she wasn't having that, and said only 2. Then her pimp came along and was like, the girl said 2, then more arguing ensued, and he reached for his gun, which is when the undercovers became aware, which lead to the rest of the shit. Supposedly.

trigger happy? prior to this, none of the cops had ever fired their service pistol in the line of duty.

racism? bullshit the 3 cops on the stand were of color, 1 black, 1 half black and 1 of Lebanese descent

why they where acquitted? Joseph Guzman and Trent Benefield's inconsistent and contradicting statements and testimonies

Guzman says he didnt get heated and aggressive with the SUV driver, which is bullshit since other witnesses said otherwise. and he got heated quickly and snapped back @ the lawyers during cross examination

Benefield had several accts of what happened that night... mother fucker trying to hit a fat pay day on his $50 mil lawsuit against the city.

onemancult's 90 page manifesto:

it is painfully obvious that, at the very least, mr. 31-scoops-of-fiery-flavor deserved to be sentenced. that's the very, very least. everyone was saying this as soon as the shooting happened. michael bloomberg himself said that the events seemed excessive and would hope that justice would be served accordingly.

here we are, and justice was served cold and full of gristle but, when we sidled up into this courtroon diner, we knew we weren't getting a nice steak.

sean bell's friends were fuck-ups. not in the sense that they had criminal pasts, but in the sense that their time on the stand basically served to damage the prosecution by the minute. if you're coming to court to try and get some equity for your friend's death, please get your shit together appropriately and try, TRY, to make sense and be consistent. that shit counts in the real world, just like it does on the streets.

i'm waiting for the fallout.

What most people fail to realize is that they didn't get off 'scot free'

There will still be a civil lawsuit from Bell's family as well as a further internal NYPD investigation AND a potential Federal investigation that might likely cost them their badges.

And again, if 50 shots were too much, then why the fuck are two of the guys who were in the car still alive?

sean bell's friends were fuck-ups. not in the sense that they had criminal pasts

It's really not that hard to believe that at least one of these guys could have been combative that night. Drug dealer who spent 2 years in jail, heavy weed smoker, repeatedly insulted the prosecution on the stand. yeah......

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6051484

And again, if 50 shots were too much, then why the fuck are two of the guys who were in the car still alive?

If it happened the way the cops say it happened then that makes total sense. If someone is confronted by the police but tries do drive away or ram into someone the whole idea of shooting is to get them to stop. If they don't stop you keep shooting.