High-Rise and Skinny

Icarus

hey, what size is your size? my roommate just got a pair of those from blackbird and they don't fit him. I don't know what size they are but I could find out when he gets home...

Yeah, I need to tuck in shirts. 9" rise should work with most folks, but I need the higher rise because I'm a bit taller than most folks.

Those b-sons might do the trick, but they're out of my size! Somets look cool but the leg opening is really much too large.

Fuck I need those somets. That's excatly the kind of fit I'm looking for. FUCK GODDAMN DENIM CRACK ADDICTION.

jeep - To answer your question. I believe the INSEAM is shorter because of the higher rise, and subsequently lower crotch. Still, according to BiG, the outseam is the same length as the 008, which is like a 36.5, therefore the 33" inseam measurement is somewhat misleading as to how long the jeans themselves are.

Today I trekked around baltimore's second hands looking for a pair o' slacks with a 40's cut on the rise (high) that would be slim enough in the ass to work with. The width of the leg was not an issue as I had intended to taper that in myself.

I had no luck today.

I want the higher rise to be the gimmick. I don't want it to be too extreme, but a 11 or 12 inch rise would really do the trick. I know that in the late 60's they made slacks like this but they're so hard to find now. I'm not looking for denim here. If anyone can point me in some direction I would be so appreciative.

PS- Those somets are beautiful. I'm afraid that my legs are too short and skinny to look good in these, though. They're like little twigs. I suppose that if I got these I could have them taken in. They look like everything that I wanted my californias to be. Somebody buy them and review them already.

Fuck I need those somets. That's excatly the kind of fit I'm looking for. FUCK GODDAMN DENIM CRACK ADDICTION.

jeep - To answer your question. I believe the INSEAM is shorter because of the higher rise, and subsequently lower crotch. Still, according to BiG, the outseam is the same length as the 008, which is like a 36.5, therefore the 33" inseam measurement is somewhat misleading as to how long the jeans themselves are.

I figured it was something like that, but they didn't do a very good job of explaining it.

While the rise is about an inch or so higher than I'm used to, I'm really intrigued. I think I'm gonna head to BiG and try on a pair when I can finally get into the city without worrying that I'm gonna fail out of school with 16 days to go..

I want the higher rise to be the gimmick. I don't want it to be too extreme, but a 11 or 12 inch rise would really do the trick. I know that in the late 60's they made slacks like this but they're so hard to find now. I'm not looking for denim here. If anyone can point me in some direction I would be so appreciative.

check this out, picked this up at a thrift store last month. I think they're from the 60s

slacks.jpg

Yeah! Like that. But tighter!

I have a pair of Jil Sander from fw0607 that sound pretty much like what you're talking about. They have a pleat, but not much hip room and the leg opening is really small (I can hardly get my foot through). Maybe check eBay for a pair or check out if they still have a similar cut (they probably do).

Yeah! Like that. But tighter!

That will be next to impossible to find since pants of that era were not cut quite as tight fitting as you desire.

solution(s):

1. buy similar pants to those pictured above and then have the pants tailored to look like what you are describing.

2. buy Aprill 77 Costello model pants when they become available.

2. kopp some extremely rare designer hi rise tight pants at an inflated price off ebay.

That will be next to impossible to find since pants of that era were not cut quite as tight fitting as you desire.

solution(s):

1. buy similar pants to those pictured above and then have the pants tailored to look like what you are describing.

2. buy Aprill 77 Costello model pants when they become available.

2. kopp some extremely rare designer hi rise tight pants at an inflated price off ebay.

Thanks genius, I'm pretty sure if you read the last three pages, we figured out that he would have to A) get them tailored B) find Costello's where available C) pay out the ass for something nice (which Icarus never intended to do)

But thanks for the recap nonetheless.

Imperial Black shearer jeans sound like they're what you're looking for, or as close to it as you can find. How tall are you exactly? You must be really tall (and thin) to want those kind of proportions...

To be fair, all A77s were covered by a blanket statement excluding them from consideration because they are made like rubbish and not really what I'm looking for.

Also, link me to awesome tight highwaisted designer pants on ebay! They are hard to find!

To be fair, all A77s were covered by a blanket statement excluding them from consideration because they are made like rubbish and not really what I'm looking for.

Also, link me to awesome tight highwaisted designer pants on ebay! They are hard to find!

fair enough!

maybe track down those previous season jil sander's mentioned?