lvc 501xx help

darkblack

if there's selvage on the inseam then its definately a fake. however if its a narrow selvage outseam then i'd have to see either pictures or more details about the back of the buttons, the tags, change pkt selvage, stitching, etc. however, if your first instinct is fake... you're probably right..

npoe... theres alllll kinds of year repros. the 47 you can usually tell because it is a bit slimmer cut, has big E still, still 1 sided tab but double stiched arcuate thats a different color than the rest of the jean, has watch pocket rivets, closer seat, no cinchback, no crotch rivet, no suspender button, copper rivets, zinc button fly, leather patch, theyre 12 oz, uhhh.. i think thats it.

correct me if i missed anything.

Edited by adsurgo on Sep 20, 2005 at 07:24 PM

Sorry, u guys are right, i meant the outerseam. From all your reply i think that is a 1947 repro. but the problem is i am w35 and since they don't come in size 37 (Levis suggest to buy 2 sizes up). After shrinkage eg. 36 will shrink to 34 which is too small and 38 shrink to 36 will be too big. Any suggestion? Anyone know what kind of cut is the lvc 501 1890 cinchback?

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

I've just recieved my Levi's LVC 1947 501xx this morning from Hanon-shop.com in Scotland.

Thing is, the top button is blank, and the slevedge is also very very narrow, but the label inside states that it's Made In USA. The rest of the features are, from what I can see, as usual.

This piece doesn't seem to fully fit any of the other descriptions of 1947 LVCs mentioned in this forum, so I'm wondering if I've bought a valuable piece.

Anyone care to show me the lights?

Thanks very much in advance. :) Nic.

They sound absolutely normal - if, by the top button being blank, you mean the inside of the button, which sometimes carries a factory code. AFAIK, all the new 1947s have no factory stamp and are made in the US in a non-LVC factory... there might be Japanese-made LVC versions that look slightly different but this is standard for the new product.

Edited by Paul T on Nov 14, 2005 at 03:02 AM