tailoring bootcut jeans

jepmonk

i got a real good deal on some earnest sewn hutch models, but the boot cut is a little too big as the bottom. i didnt think it would be that bad because when i tried them on they looked fine, but when i wear them with low top shoes they just look like bellbottoms. is it possible to get them tailored to eliminate the bootcut at the bottom?

would be a massive job. Depends what type of seam they have running on the inner and outer leg.

In the case that they are felled it would be impossible to recreate, cause felled chain stitch seams cannot be partly undone and then sewn back. If they are just overlocked and twin needled then a bit easier. If overlocked and single flat stitched together like a selvage pair would be done (faux-selvage) then very easy.

Probably need to ask your tailor to take about half an inch out of the outer leg seam tapering up to nothing out at the midcalf for a true boot (unless they boot in the inner seam more).

Anyway is doable, sorry for babbling.

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

i agree with verb. i tailor all my pance myself. turn those bitches inside out and sew em. when they are laid flat you will vividly see the bootcut. start just above it and sew it down. it gets tricky at the bottom but just try to mimic how it originally looked by sewing twice

pretty simple.. as long as the outseam is just a basic seam like the out on levis.. ie.. not the visible folded stitch lines..

just get a straight edge and draw a line down to your desired foot opening.. then sew that.. cut off excess, re-hem.. your done.. woop woop