1947 jeans unwashed rigid,do they stretch in time?

soleindahole

Think of denim like an accordian. When you wear them they expand, when you wash them they shrink back.

I would never put my jeans in a dryer. just line dry and they will still shrink.

But you are right, you will be disappointed if you dont get the right size. Make sure you can only just fit into them when they are unwashed...

"rigid unwashed denim gives a lot, ie you should try to buy them as tight as humanly possible... lol if you can get them done up they are good." <p>

If you buy your unwashed denim tight, then wash them, your voice will go up an octave and you will never have children. Because shrinkage from washing will be much greater than stretching from wear. <p>

Washed LVC carry the pre-shrink size on the leather patch, btw, so the size on these should also be 2 up from your actual waist measurement. Altho they might stretch a bit, it's fairly marginal.

well the only reason i wanted to get the rigid as most people maybe is to basically create thier own unique distresses and whiskering. it seems like levis are the only true "shrink to fit" when it comes to thier rigid unwashed jeans. All other that carry rigid dry,basically is good to get the exact size, it wont shrink too much and stretch to its tag size.

maybe its better just to get LVC rigids exact size and dry clean them. icon_smile_tongue.gif

I was told that dry cleaning the LVC 1947 could be bad for the leather levis patch, but if you don't care about that dry cleaning would be the answer.