Dino Might! Tees

dino might

*This is just to see if theres any interest right now. No promises yet.*

Tee shirts in black or white with the below images printed out all big on 'em.

*if you would be down for one, shoot me a message with color, size, and which design you would like (this is not placing an order yet, more like some r&d for me)

Portrait of Helen Keller

2326893388_623c1ed6b3.jpg

2224933458_e9bab88be1.jpg

2233431392_2c285c0e46.jpg

2242937017_c37e918e90.jpg

2279125873_36cd9b51f5.jpg

2233431926_4202d8c1f8.jpg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eric, im not exactly sure, i know these are all plenty big enough, the original files are huge

i like the bird and bug ones. maybee a poll?

id do them all, custom done according to who wants what, you get to pick

Dino, you just planning on screenprinting the photos on some blank tees?

if so what brand tees would you print on?

Also a bit of advice,

you should start a brand, getting tags made and stitched on isn't too much more per tee.

I think these could really sell if you promoted it on hypebeast and other streetwear forums as a photo series S/S line. (seriously)

^i didnt think about that. i dont even belong to any of those forums, i might sign up.

as for the kind of shirt and method of printing, i havent gotten that far yet, i though of doing this last night and didnt know if anyone would care about any of them, but im thinking im going to go ahead with it now. ill figure out all that soon and update this. they'll be legit no, not like some print off-iron on living room bullshit that peels off.

tags and shit are not that cheap, I don't think he plans on making that many.

I honestly don't know mad shit about it, but I think at 300dpi halftone at somewhere 55-65 lines/inch, 45˚ angle, ellipse shape. of course I have no idea what mesh count that would need.

of course the people at a print shop should know all of this.

ok, so I pulled those numbers out of my ass apparently it's:

meshcount = lpi x 4.5 (round down to lower meshcount)

ex: 45 lpi x 4.5 = 202.5 = 200 meshcount

you planning on printing them in b&w or full-color cmyk (like the westside tee)?

I've done the research, depending on the quality and specifics of the tag, they are actually really cheap. Considering he's doing a limited run and that he wants to start a clothing brand, they should be essential. These things are required if you want to make a high quality limited run of shirts that will both sell well and establish your brand.

A good idea would be to label these as a photographic series, name the series and to make a either spring/summer '08 line or Summer '08 line under your brand.

It really depends on how serious you are though. You could just pay whatever screenprinter you can find for cheap to screenprint these on the cheapest blanks out there with no tags and try and get maybe $10-20 per shirt or you could go the other route and use these great photographs to establish a real brand and treat the photos as the art and afford them the quality they deserve. (you wouldn't showcase a series of photographs in a gallery in frames that you bought at wal mart, or make prints on the cheapest photo paper you can find for that matter would you?) same kind of seriousness should be taken with a photographic series being printed on tees.

how mucho?
yeah, dont know yet, havent gotten too many ideas about prices from anywhere else, ill do that and come up with some [prices]
are you looking to turn an immediate profit, or just get the name out there?

would wear the bird one.

both would be nice, dont know which is more realistic