Portland Oregon...Shops to hit up???

Hi, im headin' to Portland on Friday, wonder what shops should i hit up? If there is a link to it, then that would be perfect since i can mapquest and plan my route.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thx very much in advance~

Local 35 is definitely worth a look, I haven't been very lucky with selection when I'm there lately but that's cause I only come back every couple of months. Also heard about some store on East Burnside called Denwave, they have some sort of super limited selection or something. Might be gimmicky, I don't know.

Blake on 34rd

and i think theres a shop called Local 35 in Hawthorne that might be worth...aside from that, not sure...

This was a typo by the way, Blake's on NW 23rd. Collier in Pioneer Place has Sugar Cane and Jean Shop if you're into that. There ain't much around here.

Check out Collier in Pioneer Mall for japanese denimz (sugarcane, jean shop). Nice salespeople there.

Go to Powells books on burnside if you enjoy reading, I can't say there's a better book store in the world. Everyday music is 2 blocks up from powells, tons of used cds for 8.50 a pop. 2 blocks down from powells towards the river on the other side of the street is jackpot records, great selection there. They've got a location on hawthorne st. if you've visiting local 35.

Hecklewood's a local label, located on...28th or something and Thurman. They've got the Tanner belts that everyone's nuts over here.

Go to Ground Kontrol in chinatown if you're an arcade junkie. On that block is compound gallery, the 'toy'/streetwear shop. Not a great shop, but it's the only one of it's kind in these parts. Upper playground is across the street from compound gallery if you're into that (again, I'm not). Both stores have great art galleries instore, check those out if you're nearby.

For some serious Lebanese food, go to nicholas on se grand. SO much fucking food, don't order too much, they give you tons. Make sure to get the rice pudding. Next door is andy & bax, military surplus, fun store.

I love this city.

Goodwill bins on Ochoco in Sellwood.

Just Be Complex, 5th and Couch dowtown.

For food... I'm partial to Flying Pie on Stark, any Cha Cha Cha location (or a couple other little burrito places), and Delta Cafe in Woodstock.

For food, you MUST go to Andina, it's a peruvian restaurant and one of the best places to eat in Portland, if not the best. You have to order a drink there called the "Sacsayhuaman" which is a passionfruit puree with habenaro infused vodka, frosted with cane sugar.

Just Be Complex is great for all your hyped out clothes and quick strike nikes - also great for vinyl toys, import japanese magazines and their mini art gallery is great.

neighborhoods to wander:

pearl district (powell's, adidas, etc.)

NW 23rd (the entire stretch is filled with great clothes, music, food)

• 5 months later...

yep thanks for the tips guys.

bit disappointed in most the secondhand / vintage stores, pretty much the same crap you see in any town. avalon (410 sw oak st) is the best i came across, a few nice pieces there but with much higher prices to match.

also popped into michael allen's (915 sw 9th ave) - it's more styleforum style, but they did stock a few decent brands (nicole farhi, dunhill, belstaff).