Sign in to follow this  
maydenchina

Hip-hop and funk dances (poppin, house, lockin, and others)

Thats not to bad of a song, i actually like practicing to random gay top 40 shit and really freakin the beat.

It wasn't to bad, you need some more explosive movements, and CONFIDENCE!!

Oh yea! You can dance in that kinda clothing? Its like sooooooo hard for me to dance in my skulls or faltheads....way to tight. So when I go to school or just go out to chill, I like never dance because my clothes bother and hinder me....but then when I go to events, I feel stupid wearing baggier jeans and like hypebeastish shirts...blah

----------------------

To cheer you up, heres how i used to dance!

When i dance better to be in like sweats or just looser clothes in general, really could move around and hit the moves better..

popping / krumping or just simple 123s cant do it in flatheads rofl

Haha I don't think switching to BDUs and a hoodie would have helped much. The song itself isn't too bad, I just wish it was instrumental and they'd give me more than 30 seconds and NOT cut the song in the middle.. that threw me off a lot. Oh well. I just did what I felt comfortable with, and in the end it didn't please the crowd like humping the floor --> turning over --> humping the air does. Whatev. Any more critique? I noticed I get repetitive with my angles and I like to turn my wrist to transition into stuff too much :\

yea, it wasnt too bad, but maybe play around with the beat and stuff a lil more. Its not like your bad, its just you need more experience dancing in front of crowds and stuff I think. Just keep doin it and doin it and ull be fine

Thanks man, that gives me a lot of confidence. This week just hasn't been too great. (worst waywt AND losing to a booty popper AND the joke entrant who just walks on, does a bunch of random crowd pleasers and gets pity/laugh applause)

I think I'll start dancing a lot more now.. woo!

EDIT: OH

my friend would like criticism as well!

fDbuTzP8Ybg

Damn...your friend got lucky. I love that song. It was good, but he seemed to fast and didnt hit to much. His speed made his technique look a little sloppyish and he needs more energy and expression.

Both of you kinda looked like you werent having fun. Part of performing is being able to have fun and show it to the audience. If they know your having fun, then they feel like they can have fun as well and enjoy it.

Overall, he had good concepts, but execution and technique needs to get better, your not letting the audience/judges really see what your doing to the fullest

He appreciates your advice! Oh, and I saw you just post on bboy.org.. I'm "aciddrops" over there haha. Thanks again!

also, you both are very upright the entire time. change levels. get low, get high, change the angle of your torso, etc. and don't think too much, just dance.

don't hate on booty poppers either! ;)

Ya, im known for my mean booty poppin....so watch out fool!

(of course, im on beat and get freaky...not like the dude who probably got weak recognition hahaha)

Speaking of booty popping, how essentia is hitting the legs, abs and ass? Its really awkward. :o

I dropped by the schools new dance studio and I practiced hitting angles and staying on the beat. Getting back to the basics! Oh and I'm also on mrwiggles but I haven't posted anything really. I'm going to post a vid back in here in maybe a month or so. Sorry for the ramble, I just wanna keep this thread going ^_~

Hitting your legs and abs is super important. Your legs will give you the strongest hit, and abs help with chest hits/movements.

Damn this died fast....Anyhow bringing it back as I've done a lot in the last 2 years!

Check out some of my stuff:

Hmm cant get the youtube links working...

(just some performances from tokyo, osaka, and NY)

Oh, and fuck abdc, shits mad wack can't believe its lasted this long

Been looking for a street dance thread on sufu and can't believe i have to dig this up from the 5th page :(

Anyways, I'm one of those rare street dancer's that go on fashion forums lol.

My style is Poppin and have been doing it for about 5 years or so. Used to take workshops from Popin' Pete, Sugapop, Sweepy, Frank Boogie and his students. I'm not amazing or anything but one day I hope to be one of the top.

Maydenchina - Never would expect Boywonder to be on sufu. Shout outs from Toronto man. You're hella dope.

Need to bring this thread back to life!

I do mainly popping stuff, from Canada, here's a couple videos that I shot semi-recently (in the last year or so)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9h5w_90iCb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p8ti4usL4PI

Edited by ryogrif

I do mainly popping stuff, from Canada, here's a couple videos that I shot semi-recently (in the last year or so)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9h5w_90iCb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p8ti4usL4PI

That's some serious shit you got there bro.

I used to do popping too (videos lost due to the demise of my hard-disk), now wanna get back into dancing by going for house/hip hop.

That's some serious shit you got there bro.

I used to do popping too (videos lost due to the demise of my hard-disk), now wanna get back into dancing by going for house/hip hop.

Thanks man, I don't dance as much as I should, but I do just for fun mainly!

Ya it seems like everyone in hip hop is moving towards house dancing, I've tried learning a few things and my feet just don't cooperate lol

Thanks man, I don't dance as much as I should, but I do just for fun mainly!

Ya it seems like everyone in hip hop is moving towards house dancing, I've tried learning a few things and my feet just don't cooperate lol

check this guy called jordy Santiago in youtube - he has a lot of great tutorials (very detailed and broken down)

me too due to school starting soon, going to take lessons at least once a week (hip hop or house)