I Thought Mos Def Was Smart?

Guest freedomfighter

Dude isn't smart at all. I was watching him on real time with Bill Maher, it was just painful to watch. Everyone else was articulate and knew what they were saying, all he did was cuss every two words and talk about being black, police, etc, etc.The same bullshit which these rappers turned activists regurgitate whenever they speak.

whatever, blackstar is classic, and mr. nigger is fucking ill song. he may not be intelligent but he is a good rapper.

Is there any rapper who isn't ridiculous in real life? I thought aceyalone would be cool because I love all balls don't bounce then I saw a music video and now I can't listen to the album.

medina green is def the better of the two, but having seen mos live i would say that his delivery is what makes him so successful.

and i never thought of him as being smart, just an underground rapper that garnered a little more exposure then others. that last statement does detract from blackstar being the fuckin' tits, however black on both sides and whatever he has done with black jack johnson have been easy passes for me.