College Acceptance Letters

Mr Calvin Oscar

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude fuck nyu. waste of time. seriously most over rated school ever. to pay that much money for a school that's far into the bottom half of the top 50 is ridiculous.

tuition at nyu may be more than the others, but i don't know why you'd call it a waste of time. The public schools get state money, and the ivies have such huge endowments that they can give kids a break. A lot of private schools in the "top 50" have comparable (although lower) costs.

i looked up usc, georgetown, wash u, and some others; tuition+room and board at those places is around 45,000. and liberal arts schools like vassar are also very expensive.

i can see why nyu gets such a bad rap and i know about most of the things the school is infamous for, but i always wonder why they get all the attention. i'm probably only defending it because i'm going there next year, and i haven't had to deal with their bullshit yet. but for now, i'm on their side. maybe my opinion will change when i get there.....

NYU is a good school and a great part of the city. I almost went for undergrad, but I think that the lack of fin-aid is just retard. I guess you have to pay to live in the village

tuition at nyu may be more than the others, but i don't know why you'd call it a waste of time. The public schools get state money, and the ivies have such huge endowments that they can give kids a break. A lot of private schools in the "top 50" have comparable (although lower) costs.

i looked up usc, georgetown, wash u, and some others; tuition+room and board at those places is around 45,000. and liberal arts schools like vassar are also very expensive.

i can see why nyu gets such a bad rap and i know about most of the things the school is infamous for, but i always wonder why they get all the attention. i'm probably only defending it because i'm going there next year, and i haven't had to deal with their bullshit yet. but for now, i'm on their side. maybe my opinion will change when i get there.....

i hope you enjoy. i have a lot of friends that are mixed on it. half wish they went somewhere else and feel it's a waste of time, for others, they love it. personally, it was between Columbia, NYU, UCLA, Berkeley, USC, and Brown and all "coolness" factor aside, NYU had the worst cost/benefit from what i could see.

^

I'm going to NYU, sans financial aid because of how much my parents make. Still, I'm stoked to go just because I'd finally be living in the city. NYU has the environment (people to know and meet, opportunities, etc). The price tag is a bitch but it's definitely not a waste of time. The dumbasses who never took advantage of their surroundings made it a waste of their time there.

did you forget to apply to cornell and brown?

Their aid is the worst for internationals, and as a a Canadian there's no point in applying to American schools unless they're at the top.

Waitlisted at Columbia. Got into a Ben Franklin scholars program at Penn for the top 100 incoming freshmen. Psyched.

ummm

if you're that concerned with tier grading of schools

than it already confirms that you're fairly duped into a system that has fallen out of favor in graduate school applications process

I know 3 Lang grades - one goes to Columbia, one to NYU and one to Cambridge (Christ's College)

so

my personal knowledge of Lang grad's tells me otherwise

as well as the fact that Lang is one of the most highly respected modern liberal arts schools in NYC

and this is somewhat biased as I'm applying there for transfer, but shit man, I've been at college for a year and I can tell you - prestige comes in a name as well as an education and Lang offers one of the best around. (And for these reasons I am transferring, btw)

still waiting on columbia

in at wharton

rejected from dartmouth/harvard/yale/princeton

I hatechu so much. Wharton was my top choice and I was rejected early decision.

Update: Waitlisted from Cornell, and NYU sent me their financial aid. I'm not gonna go, it costs 50K a year and theyre only giving me 20K including work study.

you're stoopz if you're turning down NYU for 20k

wtf is it with people turning down substantially reduced tuitions? do you realize this is a fucking global recession? plus, NYU barely gives hand outs, let alone that good.

IS EVERYONE THATS APPLYING TO COLLEGE FOR THE FIRST TIME TAKING CRAZY PILLS?????!!!!!