iPod Nano

genuinearticle

i just got the nano, 4 Gb is kinda restricting, since I had a hard time figuring out what could and couldn't make the cut. At the end of the day though I have a lot of music but I don't listen to it all the time. If I want to I can take something off and put new stuff on if I choose to.

Sure 60 Gb would be nice, but this thing is so small and sexy, I couldn't turn it down.

yeah made up my mind... i think ill go with the nano. simply because of its size and the black one is really sexy. i dont think ill be listening to 200 albums a day anyway, a couple of albums and playlists are good enough to get me through the day.

anyway, i hear canadians and uk residents can now sign up for that free ipod thing and theyve added a nano. anyone every try this? i signed up via this link

http://ipodnanos.freepay.com/?r=22197465

wonder if it works.

The sony "walkman" is very weak compared to the ipod. Sony STILL insists on using their stupid formats and if you want to use your existing mp3s they still must be converted. Also, no color screen, no easy dial, no itunes... I just bought an ipod Nano. While it is only 4 GB, its finally an ipod player that I can literally put IN my wallet/pocket and forget that I'm even carrying it. Plus, I'm very particular about my music and constantly am changing what I'm into and what I don't like. I actually rarely listen and can stand all the music I have.

Just checked out the black nano the other day and it's really fucking nice. I've been wanting to replace my 2nd gen iPod for a while now, but would have trouble going from 20gb to 4. As soon as the nano hits 8gb I reckon I'll be grabbing one. It doesn't even feel like an electronic device when you hold it...seems too thin and solid.

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Sep 11, 2005 at 08:30 PM

Quote:

The sony "walkman" is very weak compared to the ipod. Sony STILL insists on using their stupid formats and if you want to use your existing mp3s they still must be converted. Also, no color screen, no easy dial, no itunes... I just bought an ipod Nano. While it is only 4 GB, its finally an ipod player that I can literally put IN my wallet/pocket and forget that I'm even carrying it. Plus, I'm very particular about my music and constantly am changing what I'm into and what I don't like. I actually rarely listen and can stand all the music I have.

--- Original message by djrajio on Sep 11, 2005 06:25 PM

No. You don't need to convert your music, Sony's players have been supporting mp3 for a long time. And how does no color screen mean it's weak? If it's important to you, then okay, but don't say it's a universal thing. And, no easy dial, hey what do you know about this player? Looks fairly easy to me. That's pretty much saying it's bad because it's not an ipod.

(not looking to start a flame war here)

tally-hoo

i use an old sony discman. i like picking an album and setting a theme plus 70 mins is a fairly decent walk.

between sony and apple, i use both sonic stage and itunes, the sony programme is way better IMHO.

240 songs my 1gig shuffle is plently long for a long car ride.

i don't know about having 4gig in my pocket let alone 20.

circle-10.gif

agreed with haptronic.

i've used a 1g shuffle comfortably, a 512 comfortably.

i got the 2 gig because 500 songs will last me a week.

thats really all that matters. its when you have to change it everyday where it becomes a pain.

+ all i do is shuffle anyway. who wants to pick song after song?

word. I don't get the listening to individual songs thing :)

You can't say that there is a universal amount of space you need on your DAP, it varies from person to person and also tends to be proportional to the time you've owned a DAP, ie it is a need that you've created yourself. This is very true for me, when I first got my 4gb mini I didnt even have 2gb that I wanted to listen to, but listening to music so much more often made my interest for music much larger and now 4gb is much too small for me. I listen to 2-4 new albums a week, which means my music collection grows rather fast.

tally-hoo

good thing apple has some good malfunction policies. i bought my ipod maybe a year n a bit ago. and since then ive managed to go through 6. only paying for the first one, and then on the last one i received i had to pay s & h. and this is all without the extended warranty mind you.

but with customer service like this, apple better believe im goin back to them for my next portable audio buy (whenever and whatever it may be who knows).

ps. you may ask after going through 6 youd go back to them? and my answer is yes because most of them were my fault. (ex. leaving in an ashtray in a car with the sunroof open and having rain fill the ashtray.) mind you the odd one has froze up on me and not returned or my music wouldkeep getting deleted, now to say if its my fault or not who knows. but yea... apple ipod is the way to go imo

I want the Nano in black it is so danm sexy. I currently have a blue Ipod mini. I just got it for free recently so only have a couple hundred but i feel its enough. Not to mention im a tech geek and have like 200gig harddrives everywhere especially since they are like 40 bucks now with rebates.

But anyways yes i love how its color and so small. Now the sony i saw it it looks a little weird the screen seems like itll look cool but with basically every Ipod that has a screen being color now i feel that the public will assume every single mp3 player must be color. And sony has been falling behind lately with the whole mp3 player scene. Id say behind Apple is Creative.