Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

So guys, just picked up my second pair of raws- first were PBJ xx007s about 6 months ago, these latest ones are N&F Skinny Guy Reverse Indigos... I've done a bit of googling and such, can't find much - if any - reference to these things online... anyone have any fade pics?

Where did you get your Reverse Fades at?

Where did you get your Reverse Fades at?

Snagged them at a GILT sale. They were MAD tight first wear- like got 0 buttons out of 4 done up. They've eased up a bit after 24 hours of wear though.

Anyone have a problem with the knee bagging out hella bad on Elephant 2s? also, should i just man up and soak them down to try to get rid of it? they only have about a month of wear.

At around month 4 the knees on mine started to sort of fold in on themselves; they don't completely lose the bagginess but they do look better. Just tough it out!

I bought size 30"but I was only able to button the 1st button after messing with them for a while, decided to size up one. And the 31" fit me good, got all the buttons up, with just enough uncomfortableness.

SG 15oz Deep Indigo Selvedge Denim 31" true size is in between 31 and 32", for reference I am 5'10", 165 lbs.

2012-07-04094600.jpg

2012-07-04094149.jpg

Edited by blktop

@m4xime: Totally depends what you're looking for. They should both fit you pretty nicely. Weird Guys are tapered (wider in the thigh which goes down skinny at your ankle, like a carrot, if you will). Slim guys are straight.

I personally love skinnies, but you definitely cannot go wrong with a slim straight jean. It will usually look better on bulkier guys (depending on where exactly this ''bulk'' is on your body).

Check www.tateandyoko.com for pretty much every style of N&F out right now, and MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE MEASUREMENTS! Again, depending on where your ''bulk'' is, you might be able to go down up to 3 sizes! (I doubt it, but I can.)

@bd604: Don't mind them. I've seen a pair of reverse fades in person, worn super hard for almost a year apparently, and they looked AMAZING. Now he didn't have anything in his pockets so that was more of my style, but I've been looking all over for my size since then. I guess they might look awkward when they start fading but meh, I still know they will NOT ''fade hideously''.

Allright, so I e-mailed Brandon and wrote on FB, but still no reply...

Has anyone heard when the Kamikaze Attack collabo will drop? I need to cop, but I might need to special order them since their last unsanforized collab would've been too short for me....

Details about the Kamikaze Attack collab for those who don't know:

Unsanforized

Indigo Black Warp

Midnight Indigo Weft

Black Stitching

Red Pocket bags

Hilarious leather patch of a girl holding a guitar between her breasts and licking it

Edited by Poonjo

@m4xime: Totally depends what you're looking for. They should both fit you pretty nicely. Weird Guys are tapered (wider in the thigh which goes down skinny at your ankle, like a carrot, if you will). Slim guys are straight.

I personally love skinnies, but you definitely cannot go wrong with a slim straight jean. It will usually look better on bulkier guys (depending on where exactly this ''bulk'' is on your body).

Check www.tateandyoko.com for pretty much every style of N&F out right now, and MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE MEASUREMENTS! Again, depending on where your ''bulk'' is, you might be able to go down up to 3 sizes! (I doubt it, but I can.)

Here I am wearing some H&M chinos in 32 and then some Nudie Grim Tim in 32 :

DSC_1086.JPG

ClouDrop%2011%20Jun%202012%2022-30-52.png

@m4xime: Again, depends entirely on the style you're trying to get out of them, those both look good. I'd probably go for slim guys since you can do more with a slim straight but that's just me...

@blktop: Nice fit. Yeah, I heard that the deeps don't stretch out much so you should be allright, they'll just adapt for you.

@tooawesome: My workplace got a copy of a thick magazine with a bunch of interviews and random information on denim... Brandon was interviewed and mentioned that. I actually got an answer through facebook though. Barney stores should get it by august. Expecting it to be an exclusive, atleast for a few months. 37" inseam should shrink up to a perfect length since it's unsanforized... Hopefully.

x-posting here and evo thread, because reasons.

N&F Elephant 2 skinny guys. Pictures from fairly new followed by pictures at 4 months with no washes. Contemplating a first wash but not sure (I'm fairly new to all this).

Not getting much wear since I picked up my Momotaro 0702s

2zs18iq.jpg

11brexs.jpg

2en9um8.jpg

2cgmu6s.jpg

Edited by MDSsmith

@poonjo : I dont really think that the Nudies' fit is that good actually, way too tight. I'll have a look this afternoon and try to compare the measurement of both slim guys and weird guys. I'll also upload a fit pic of the 33 WG that I should receive during the week.

@mds: Great fades for 4 months! I'd hold out for 6 for their first wash but that's entirely up to you (depends if you have any weakspots, check the inside of your denim's crotch area)

@m4xime: Well, go for the Slim Guys then. Like I said, Slim Straight is a more classic silhouette you can do more with.

Went into Atrium. The NF Atrium exclusives with the olive warp and black weft were marked down from $200 to $120. They were out of my usual size so I went up one. For some reason while the thighs were roomy the waist was still really snug. Thought I might have gained weight, so I grabbed the frankensteins (wonder why these were not selvege) in my usual size and they fit fine, they actually looked really good on me, and were marked down to $85. I am now set for Fall.

Okay guys I got a question for you all. I have the ele 2's and have been wearing them for 9 months flat and the fades are awesome. But come, fall I think I will want something a little lighter, because of just how thick the elephants are. So, I was thinking skinny guy Left hand Twill or Broken Twill what do you guys think is the best? And is there any other Styles that you guys would recommend? They have to be minimum 37 length inseam.... And go (thanks in advance)

Went into Atrium. The NF Atrium exclusives with the olive warp and black weft were marked down from $200 to $120. They were out of my usual size so I went up one. For some reason while the thighs were roomy the waist was still really snug. Thought I might have gained weight, so I grabbed the frankensteins (wonder why these were not selvege) in my usual size and they fit fine, they actually looked really good on me, and were marked down to $85. I am now set for Fall.

The frankensteins aren't selvedge because it would be too expensive for people to buy.

post a fit pic! if you dont mind.

@Denim-nimrod if it were me i would get something a little different, like the indigo/indigo selvedge (indigo dyed warp and weft). Rather than get another pair that looks quite similar to your elephants get something distinguishable. Very beautiful and unique fades as well!

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/blog/fading-contest-results-indigoindigo-selvedge/

Inre - Okay guys I got a question for you all. I have the ele 2's and have been wearing them for 9 months flat and the fades are awesome. But come, fall I think I will want something a little lighter, because of just how thick the elephants are. So, I was thinking skinny guy Left hand Twill or Broken Twill what do you guys think is the best? And is there any other Styles that you guys would recommend? They have to be minimum 37 length inseam.... And go (thanks in advance)

Not sure about the inseams but the NF dirty fades (a brownish version of the red cores) are thick but not as thick as the elephants and look good to me.

Recently passed 8 months on my deep indigos and I decided it was time for a good wash.

Went to NoFrills and bought a small jug of Woolite Dark.. didn't really feel like investing too much time looking for a soap

Filled the tub with lukewarm water and some detergent, flipped the jeans inside out and pretty much soaked them in. Thrashed them around for a good 10 minutes and started seeing the oil, dirt, indigo and starch coming out. Left them to soak for half an hour and then hung dry them.

Before/After comparisons

IMG_20120616_204939.jpgIMG_20120710_181550.jpg

IMG_20120616_205021.jpgIMG_20120710_181527.jpg

IMG_20120616_204908.jpgIMG_20120710_181519.jpg

IMG_20120616_204950.jpgIMG_20120710_181556.jpg

During the wash

IMG_20120708_182524.jpg

IMG_20120708_190203.jpg