places to stay in portland?

dutchxoven

Hotel Lucia or the Ace Hotel. Both are right downtown a couple of blocks apart. Both are artsy, nice and fairly affordable.

My girlfriend thinks the Lucia's rooms are more comfortable, but I think the rooms at the Ace have more character. Ace also has free WiFi and is dog friendly. Cody liked the Ace! :)

The Ace has Stumptown Coffee and Clyde Commons for food and drink, while the Lucia has Peet's Coffee, Typhoon (Asian chain) and Bo Restobar. Ace wins hands down here.

I'd stay at both again and have never stayed at the Jupiter, since I always find it to be a bit out of the way.

Jupiter was a bit grimey-er than I was expecting, tho the room itself was fine. Doug Fir can get rowdy, so if it's not cold and rainy, expect to be kept up till 2 or 3 by noisy patrons. Still, internet/last-minute specials can be had and make it worth while. Prolly gonna want a car tho.

It is basically right next door to Le Pigeon, which is a favorite restaurant of mine.