IC: Thai Levis Repros and Long Wallets

Largo

Okay, I'm heading back from Thailand to the states in about a month, and was curious if anyone was interested in either the infamous Thai Levis Repros or the Long, "Red Moon" Style wallets I could get here.

This is more to gauge initial interest in the jeans, and based on that I'll go pick up a few pairs to take measurements so I know which sizes to purchase (and you know which sizes to order). Payment would be handed over after I come back stateside to keep shipping costs down and so you know I'm not running around Bangkok with your money.

So the deal is: PM me and let me know what kind of Thai Repros you're interested in, and what size you normally are (natural waist). None of these will shrink much more than a half inch when washed, although they do come very stiff when new.

There's the 'Repro' brands which feature: Redline selvage, exposed selvage coin pocket, selvage beltloop, probably most similar to a '66 cut, no hidden rivets, pleather patch. Brands include 'Lives', 'Kwai', 'Evils', and dozens of otheres. All probably have Levis-style arcs and red tabs. I currently have two pairs of these, measuring 29x29, and one measuring 35x31 (marked as a waist 34). Also, these pairs don't always have a chainstitched hem (but usually do). Measurements for 30-34 are here. These are also available in a slimmer leg, although they tend to have shorter inseams.

thai1gk3.jpgthai3tj3.jpgimg4511mi9.jpg

There's also the straight LVC-style Repros which should have a redline selvage coin pocket, no selvage beltloop (I believe), and SHOULD have hidden rivets (some do, some don't, but I'll try to find the ones that do), and are otherwise the same as the above. These are the ones you see pop up to fool Japanese collectors all the time. Details vary, since they won't always have the selvage coin pocket. I currently have TWO pairs of these, measuring waist 32 by inseam 31 (but marked 31x32). For an idea for measurements, see the chart here.

thailvc1qr2.jpg

thailvc2ly7.jpg

I'm estimating US40$ a pop + shipping (around 7 dollars) each. They should ship in late February after I get back. For those who have confirmed orders, I'll be in the states as of the 16th, and taking payments around then. Shipments should go out around the 18th and onwards, hopefully.

As for the wallets, they're long snap wallets measuring 8.25 inches long by 5 inches wide, about 1.5 inches thick. They have two small compartments, one coin pouch, five card slots, and one large money compartment. They feature an snap with a design from the northern Hill Tribes of Thailand, and are available in dark brown (pictured), a light brown, cream colored leather (almost natural-the wallet maker said they will become lighter with wear instead of darker, although I've never heard of such a thing). Made of cowhide-the dark brown are significantly thicker and stiffer than the lighter brown and natural color, and you can see a side by side comparison here.

cmwallet3eq8.jpg

cmwallet1bz5.jpg

cmwallet2zf3.jpg

thairm1ud6.jpg

thairm3cx0.jpg

Currently I have Dark Brown: 1 Light Brown: 1 Natural: 2

Asking 80$ + 5$ shipping for the wallets-these are actually intended for the Japan market-the guy just makes them and ships them there to get stamped with a companies logo. Decent leather, finished edges, handmade-a good entry point if you're not sure about taking the plunge for the full-on super Japan version.

So, post any questions here, or PM me if you're interested in anything specific. I can post more pics of the wallet, and will have some forthcoming for the jeans. Thanks!

Really it was more like post-fades, but if you're interested in a pre-worn pair (as worn by some random Thai dude), let me know in addition to your size, and I'll find a pre-worn pair in your size. Price may vary (but will probably be less).

Yeah, i think that's what i actually meant, wasn't really focused while posting. Anyway, just to make sure we're on the same frequency. Post fade = distressed denim you find at any store? Need some washed denim that'll take washes without losing much colour + retaining the wash

Distressed denim is what you said before-pre faded. New jeans that have been treated to look older. There ARE pre-faded Thai Levis, but they are ugly as shit. On the other hand, you can find second-hand pairs that have been already worn-in (that started raw) that look awesome, which is what I figured you meant. Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, picked up three pairs of the Thai repros to compare-these particular ones are pretty typical for all the 'brands' out there, and appear to be more of a slightly slimmer 501 cut (based just on trying them on)-though these pairs haven't been washed yet so being super stiff it's hard to gauge exactly what the fit should be. The tag actually says 'lot 505', but that could mean anything... Still, if these look too slim for you guys, just let me know. There may be something in a different cut.

thai1gk3.jpgthai3tj3.jpg

thai5zg4.jpg

thai2px9.jpg

thai4zj2.jpg

Fit pics: I'm usually a 32x32 in almost everything, so these fit fairly true to size for me. The higher rise made the inseam bearable, since I was worried these would be too short. It's probably better to measure from your hip to make sure of your leg if you're normally a 32 inseam. For larger sizes and the other models (34 inseams and the Thai Levis) I'll be doing pickups this weekend to check.

img4511mi9.jpgimg4514dt1.jpg

img4515li9.jpg

And measurements for 30-34 in inches. You'll notice the measurements don't really change outside of the waist-so these will probably fit slimmer the larger up you go. I'll take a look for some other models, but chances are good they'll be the same. Wallet orders went out today as well, pics of new colors as soon as they come in. Thanks!

measurementsreprosee1.jpg

NOTE: HEM MEASUREMENT IS 1/2-MEASURED LAID FLAT-SORRY!