Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Some drama arose with my new card holder design, as I kinda thought it would, so I had to pull it and switch to this method of attaching the strap- actually works way better, ironically from the same pattern book as the last method. In a sage green and house tanned leather, sorry pics are a little soft.

5890640897_67d7ba8728_z.jpg

5890640405_c1e69b22eb_z.jpg

5891207290_11cb05ea45_z.jpg

5891206012_9e019309ec_z.jpg

this method is way easier to close, yea. You hit a point when even one person tries to call you out without any knowledge of leather work, and you say fuck it- I don't want any doubts about anything. Went with something I've never seen used to make it my own.

it's just a book from the 60's, I took the pattern and modified it. I notched out the middle layer so the strap sits flush, where in the book it called for a bump where the strap was- no biggie. Go on ebay and grab an old leather working book, they're all very similar

HH, awesome; but the clamp is 90º off, innit?!?

Yes, I just discovered that today... It's since been drilled out re-positioned.... First time, I've used one or made one of these things....

Wanted to try out my new stitching pony and awl... I made a sunglass case based on the one for my ray bans...

I lined it with some cut off flannel and put a wood dowel between for the glasses to sit on and also so you don't crunch your glasses when you close it.

DSC00282-1.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

5898664026_da2ffbccb6_z.jpg

5898099893_00c0064a9b_z.jpg

5898101153_e4892ab10f_z.jpg

5898665372_5b876df1d1_z.jpg

Been getting chain slap on my Cross Check so I made a chainstay protector. Easily the most over engineered thing I've ever cook up and I'm really happy with the results.

Made in USA awl blades are so legit. Forget the company, somewhere in NJ.

Made in USA awl blades are so legit. Forget the company, somewhere in NJ.

C. S. Osborne in Harrison, New Jersey? Their old hand tools (they've been in business since the 1800s) are pretty beautifully made. The more modern stuff is less consistent in the quality.

Nice work, btw.:)

I decided to put some small scraps of Chromexcel to good use. I think I'm going to have to order more tan and some black in the near future. It's so nice to work with!

VKGgL.jpg

I also made a 1" belt with an oval buckle. In the next week or so, I'll make one for myself in 1.5" leather that tapers down to 1" at the buckle...

ylCVj.jpg

Nice card case as always, I got a whole hide of that brown chromexcel. Its some killer stuff. I love the mild pull up of it. its a different formula then then the normal cxl. Its got More wax embedded into the leather. Its called outrigger brown. The black version is pretty cool too. Its a nice flat black.

Thanks, man. Yeah, they call it Huntsman Chromexcel, which is very similar to normal Chromexcel, but the flesh side is heavily waxed. It's intended to be used as a waxed suede, but I used it flesh side in on that case, and hit the grain side with some wax. Maybe I should try it flesh side out? :)

7yZ8e.jpg