Takashi Murakami paintings

shit - I actually saw two prints of his on ebay, maybe linked from this site! Check Supermarket, seriously. They were in the thousands, I think, maybe an american million?

Incidentally I got the MOCA Murakami book for Christmas, its a gorgeous publication, shame I couldn't see the show.

Haven't seen the Hova promo, cant help you on that one.

your best bet is actually contact his studio and see when he is gonna have a new show, thats the time when you could purchase anything first hand, (ie not in museum) or conatct your local art galleries. but i seriously dont think his work is worth that much. atleast not in my book. nut none the less good luck.

^^ I checked out a show he did at the Gagosian a few months back. Every piece was sold, some for over 1 million USD.

Gagosian is a drug dealer.

Show me a Murakami that went for over 1 mil. There may be a few, but in general, you aren't paying more that a couple hundred Gs.

If you were really going to buy a Murakami painting, which I'm pretty sure you aren't, you would contact one of his galleries. Most can be found here: http://www.artnet.com/artist/12281/takashi-murakami.html

Edit: Murakami has sold for over $1 mil, but most of his work his much less.

http://www.artnet.com/magazineus/books/itoi/itoi10-4-06.asp

To land back on earth for a minute, I'm guessing that when westkoastanostra said "painting" he really meant "art." He's looking for a limited run print authorized by the artist, which is still going to be rare, collectible and valuable.

I was just at the Murakami show at MOCA in LA a couple of weeks ago. They had a few prints you could buy for around $300, I think. Even if he made prints of the blue mushrooms for the same price a few years ago, as somebody else said, they're likely going for ten times as much today. Maybe a little less. Maybe a little more.

With an artist like Murakami, it's too late to find any deals, so don't hold your breath. If I had $3000 that I really needed to use on art, I'd much rather buy paintings, prints and photos of young, local artist I like. Everybody's got to start someplace and Murakami doesn't need your money now anyhow! :)

i like him a lot, but fail to see how he achived the level of success he did. this might just be me exposing how lame and uneducated i am, cause he does have a lot of style, but the levels he has achived, the audience, is kinda impressive to me, kinda like he got over. but, hey, good for him, and you if you can afford anything by him.

http://www.outer-borough.com/default.htm

Murakami, kaws, banksy, aoshima, check it out...

Jared who runs this site is an amazing guy. Very very nice and a billion percent legit. Went with my wife to his apartment in Brooklyn about 2 months ago to check out prints when i wanted to see a Murakami. When we said how nice his Kaws dissected silkscreen was, he introduced us to a collector who had one for sale at reasonable price, even though he made nothing on the deal.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WEBSITE AND SELLER.

please if you do contact him, contact me first so i can give you my real name as a reference when you make contact.

Good luck.

Murakami prints go from hundreds to thousands of $, they also usually look ridiculous but Saatchi likes him so he could vomit on a sheet of paper and sell it for $50,000. If you have to ask where to buy you're not the kind of person who can purchase his paintings...

what bothers me most about people like Mir Kam and kaws and all these other hype JUXTAPOSER people, is. that they are already amazingly paid and famous. and people talk about them as if they are on some trip that its new, or that knowing about them is showing any skill or talent. the truth is, that there are a lot of artistis who are on there way up, who are amazing, and the next wave of whats going to take over, but the big boy hypebeasts dont show no love, cause its a new wave that they are not set to profit from, so the talent, the hunger, is out there, and there are people who are NUTS that are just not getting the light they should, cause they are not repped by some nuts super agent, or getting all the light in COMPLEX that month.

check out Twothings.net[/url] or Waynehorse.com or abnerpreis.com

these guys get no light, on the blogs or mags, and are the shit, i dont hear people name dropping them yet, but trust me, soon enough people will see the light, and get beyond the hype of what they are told to like, and seek out the next level artists that are doing it for the progression and love of the game. not just drawying chompers on everything.

NOTE: i am a bitch hypocrite, as i am wearing a Chompers cap right now, but, the truth is the truth, and im as bad as anyone in a lot of ways, but, still know the future is bright for a lot of new talents.