Weird/bad habits / SuperOCDtics

Charlie Delta

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

i tend to remember funny stories or quotes when I'm all alone in a very public place, and as a result I end up sitting like a creep, giggling to myself in the corner seat of the streetcar.

To go along with this, I have trouble controlling my laughter, particularly when I'm supposed to be quiet...I just keep going long after everyone else has stopped, especially if it's in a lecture or meeting...

• 11 months later...

I think most everyone has some bizarre behavior or habit you've developed over time. List and discuss some of the more odd ones here.

I've somehow made it a habit that everytime I go into a record / cd store I immediately have to use the bathroom. I don't know how it started, but it's every time, even if I just went before walking in the door...

I used to do this thing where I squinted my eyes, like a really exagerated blink. I actually did it to see if I could turn it into a habit, and then break it. Ended up being way harder to break it / stop doing it than I expected, but I finally got it.

I still bite my nails without even thinking about it. Trying to find some suggestions on how to quit...

C'mon you weirdos, let's hear it.

I had strange tics that develop out of nowhere. If there were geometric patterns on the ground (carpet, stones or whatever), I'd make up weird rules about where I could/couldn't step on. Also, after every bite of something I held to eat (pizza, burger, chips), I would always have to brush off my fingertips.

^^(tg) i wish i could change my hair like that. i feel like i need my hair to be the same for me to stay sane. and when i feel like shit is boring i change it.

i bite my nails usually at the beginning of the semester of school.

i tap the roof of my car twice when i drive through yellow lights.

i always triple check to see if my room door is closed and my car is locked.

i always like to get my hair cut on days where the sun is out but it looks like it's gonna rain.

i do feel like this thread's been done at least twice before. i remember thinking i was going to start this thread but i didn't wanna sound like a crazy.

I had strange tics that develop out of nowhere. If there were geometric patterns on the ground (carpet, stones or whatever), I'd make up weird rules about where I could/couldn't step on. Also, after every bite of something I held to eat (pizza, burger, chips), I would always have to brush off my fingertips.

seriously i have the exact same shit you have creepy!

i kinda do that with geometric patterns on the ground too, i make my foot point towards each side of the shape in which it's stepping. but it can only do each side once. i dunno if that makes sense, i dont think anyone else does this.

^^^ this made me laugh for a good 5 minutes. "Peen" haaaa.

When I start to clean something, I cant take a break in between. I have to to it right then and I have to finish it, or else I'll be perturbed the whole day.

I also, cannot stand to have my room clean (I know. It doesn't make sense). I recently misplaced my wallet because I cleaned my room and its not on the floor so I don't know where I put it.

Another weird thing I do is if I'm at a restaurant and someone picks up the ketchup for example, uses it, and puts it back in a different spot on the table then from whence it came, Im O.K. with it. BUT, if someone picks up the ketchup for no reason at all, and puts it back in a different spot, I HAVE to move it back. People move my silverware and things around on purpose just to watch me put everything back where it belongs.

At the end of whatever Im eating, I have to fold my napkins up into little squares. (???)

I had strange tics that develop out of nowhere. If there were geometric patterns on the ground (carpet, stones or whatever), I'd make up weird rules about where I could/couldn't step on.

I DO THIS TOO. And I have to count them. Same with stairs when I walk up them.

Man, I sound crazy.

The other one I noticed is that if I'm on a longer walk I find myself having to step on each section of concrete (before the crack / divider line thing) either 2 or 4 times. I'm make a fool out of myself jumping or short stepping so it comes out a number of even steps and not odd.

i used to really badly chew my fingernails and i tried before to break the habit but it never worked.

so one day i tell myself "fuck i hate how my fignernails look and i know girls pay attention to hands, i need to fucking stop"

that kinda worked for me and now i only do it when i'm extremely bored sitting in front of my laptop or studying. it also helps that i work in a lab where you never know if you're hands are contaminated with some substance or not. better not put those fingers in your mouth

everybody does the cracks/patterns/tiles/etc stuff. It's like the lava game when you were little.

for me:

I think I got this from my dad...

Whenever I'm driving and it's raining (which is often sufu pnw ftw) I always seem to take note of the speed of everyone else's windshield wipers and (sort of) intentionally set mine lower. to show off my driving skills I guess? sometimes I can't see shit but I will still just use the manual wiper even though I know nobody is looking at my windshield or would give a shit anyway but somehow I've associated higher windshield wiper settings with being a pussy.

always a competitive driver concept