Let's revive the APC Denim thread - no one goes to supercult!

john11f

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pic of my APC English and my new Iron Heart jeans. The APC's are about 3-4 months old. not washed yet. Worn weekends and at night if I can.

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

I wish APC would just put the size measurements up on their website icon_smile_angry.gif

There is so much confusion when it comes to sizing...

Do you go 3 sizes down for rescues, true to size for the new standards, but 3 sizes down for the old standards???!!! It's so damn confusing!

I've read the 30 page APC thread, but there seems to be so much variabilty and uncertainty in the sizing.

Obviously the easy solution would be to try them on in person beforehand, but I don't live near an APC retailer.

Here's my question(s)...

What are the leg openings for the raw New Standards and Rescues?

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to go 3 sizes down for Rescues, but now you aren't supposed to do that with new standards?

DAMN YOU CRAZY APC SIZING, DAMN YOU!

NyM...

I also was wondering how the sizing goes on Rescues and English. I am a 34-36, I know I am supposed to size down but by size does that mean size or inch?

Also can anyone tell me the measurements for the leg openings on Rescues/English?

ANd how much of a fit difference is there between the two?

Measure your own waist. APC English measure up by 2" fromt he stated size on the ones I've tried. They will stretch some as well. I'm a 34 and got a 32.

I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

I'm pretty sure you go down 2 sizes with the New Standards (or "Standard" as they now call it). I only figured this out myself from reading posts, but I once tried on a pair of 31 NS's (the store didn't have anything bigger) and they were exactly a size too small. I have a 34" waist.

Quote: How much should I expect the waist to stretch out

a full inch probably, you shouldn't go smaller though.

Quote: will it shrink back down when I eventually wash them?

to my experience, yes.

Quote: is the inseam for all Rescues 36" or does it vary with waist size?

36 or even 37, at least.

Edited by Geowu on Aug 31, 2005 at 08:53 PM

i was a little miffed when i found that my new standard jeans were too big for me when i got them in the mail the other day, but since i wear my pants kinda low it doesn't really matter, i guess. too late to send em back now anyway, since i've already slept in them.

and yah, after a day of wearing them, holy shit they kinda rule.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you go down 2 sizes with the New Standards (or "Standard" as they now call it). I only figured this out myself from reading posts, but I once tried on a pair of 31 NS's (the store didn't have anything bigger) and they were exactly a size too small. I have a 34" waist.

--- Original message by kdh on Aug 31, 2005 03:34 PM

Wait so are the new standards now called standards? I couldn't even find raw new standards on their website.

But whats the deal with the Standards having a regular rise while the New Standard having neither high or low rise. I dont want black raw denim I was hoping for indigo in new standards but I guess they are standards now but whats the deal with the rise? I hate high rise jeans.

"Patience, both we and our words are overproduced by influence"

Quote:

I see, well I have to get some they look cool. I'm looking for some jeans which are rock star style but with room in the crotch, skinny at the bottom, are the standards what I want?

--- Original message by tommib on Sep 1, 2005 02:55 AM

dude, i have no idea what 'rock star style' means.

I mean kinda like what all these new rock bands wear, e.g. razorlite, but what I really don't want are drainpipes. Fitted but with good room at the top, but skinny at the bottom. I was just wondering if the new standards are what I should get.

Edited by tommib on Sep 1, 2005 at 03:18 AM