australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Guys, anywhere I can get well-priced Asics running shoes? Are footlocker prices the average or above average?

rebel sport would probably be your best bet, their prices are generally among the lowest.

docs have too much of a punk image for my liking, but I guess good quality, well priced boots in that style are few and far between.

on the boot topic, i'm really tempted to pick up a pair of 10 eye dr martens. out of the box they look pretty clunky and crap, but i saw a few shots of a real beaten pair (worn down soles and slightly flattened toe area) that looked close to perfect. and 200 bucks isnt a bad deal.

anyone have any experience with the comfort?

i have a pair of 8761 doc martens (which are 10 eye) and they are comfy but they do get heavy after a while due to their steel cap nature. It is nearly impossible to drive in them to begin with due to the stiffness of the leather, however this loosens up over time. Here's a picture...i have not coloured over the stitching at all, for some reason i got them with black stitching.

docsyu2.jpg

Guys, anywhere I can get well-priced Asics running shoes? Are footlocker prices the average or above average?

There is a place in Thornbury but I cant remember the name. Rebel Sports is cheap also, but when they have them at a good price they go pretty quick, they were selling Kayano 15s and Brooks Trance for $180 each, but have since sold out. Also try stringersports, their website has the prices.

nah, doing that shit is low.they wouldn't be a good reselling choice for the scum that do it anyway, the prices aren't exactly great even with the discount.

none of the pieces appeal to me enough to purchase, I try to only buy shit I know I'm going to want to keep.

yeah fuck i hate resellers with a vengeance.

i'm going to get a new wardrobe (literally from IKEA) and i need to know how to arrange shit. (seems like it's gonna take a lot of effort)

means i gotta throw shit out or something. or RECYCLE (make pencil cases out of old denim inseams) or some shit.

I need a larger wardrobe, it's getting cluttered up with work crap (shirts, slacks, etc.) and lame basics. the lame basics are taking up a lot of room because I started using those wide shouldered hangers for them, stretching around the shoulder pisses me off and it always happens if you use crappy hangers for ribbed or fine jersey tees icon13.gif

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck, I can't believe I fucked up the sizing of the Julius boots. should have known to size down, shit generally runs big never small. lucky I was able to find quite possibly the last black size 1 pair in Japan but still leaves me with a big hole in my wallet till I can find a buyer :(.

size 0 and size -1 were the womens sizes back when Tatsuro Horikawa produced womens pieces too. should have known to get a size 1 in the first place as the combat boots from last season fit well :(. should have stuck with winq's advice, dude has owned like every julius piece ever haha

I've been able to sell most things fairly quickly lately for some reason, hoping someone snaps these up quick too...

not a big fan of the strap on the front of the older boots. that and I prefer the shorter length of these, taller boots can look overwhelming if you're not that tall, and these are probably the only boots I'd consider rocking with shorts.

yeah stand indoors DJI and Pandemonium.

i rushed around trying to find a tailor this morning to hem work pants due to getting a new job and losing so much weight my old work pants dont fit.

god its getting warm outside, and even the breeze is warm.

used to run to lose/maintain weight but I've found that I stay more or less the same regardless of what I eat and how much I exercise these days. I haven't been to the gym for 3 months because I've been working full time but I haven't really put on much/any fat, just lost some muscle. only been doing some light exercise for about an hour a week to maintain fitness and because I enjoy it, looking forward to getting back into it once uni starts again.