australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

I quite like the two colours and the more simple design of the jut. I don't like the way the sleeves are made from more pieces of leather creating the extra seams though. Also, I'm not sure if it's just the pics, but it looks like the steer reverse leather doesn't have zippers at the sleeves.

the jointed sleeves do cheapen the look a bit, even without the additional seams I'm not keen on the cut (the FW09 jacket was a similar cut and it fit very boxy on me). I think you're right about the steer reverse jacket not having zippers at the sleeves, wouldn't cop a plain mandarin collar leather myself though...

ID heart preorder is back online.

yup the collar is the same, I was thinking you felt it was more dramatic because of that fella's bad posture side profile pic of the jut :D.

heh, i thought the new jut's collar seems abit higher than usual, it's me, i guess.

not a great fit pic, on that guy.

marc is definitely a model for julius, he made julius look so good.

i got that Claude Maus email as well.

im probably going to sell the following stuff and id like to keep it within Australia. im too lazy to make a sale thread atm so here is the list:

1. DRKSHDW gimp hoodie / black / full zip that goes to top of hood / still has chest strap and long tag (XS) 160USD

2. Werkstatt Muenchen Cross ring / size S 160 USD

3. Julius FW07 drape long sleeve top / black / size 2 150USD

most know in here i wear a 46. All items are at my other residence so i cant do measurements atm.

I didnt go until around 7pm, i think given the usual crowd there you would have seen me straight away! :o

yeah, heheh

did you check any ph stuff? the winter are seriously driving me wanting some large long coat man, (in someway regretted i dint get the ccp fe-male coat. no $$$)

^ yeah, my mind is all about knits/ wool coats etc now. need to work harder . :(

i dont think i will be thinking of any leather jkts for now.. fencing itself is big kop enough. i cannot fathom going for another ccp jacket for quite awhile.

but a great piece of art thats for sure

fencing01small.jpg

does anyone know how much the cm coat under the ss10 tab is and if its still available (i won't be in melbourne until july)? its picture number 05.

similar topic, i will be looking for a wool coat when i'm over. max budget would be $700 (poor student). in adelaide all there is are cropped duffles (worst thing ever, i'd actually love a traditional regular length navy one like TOJ's, however i'm really hesitant in buying a coat online without trying it on) and those shitty cropped cheap looking leather/pleather jackets. i know its a really vague and open ended but if anyone has some recommendations i'd really appreciate it. i like alot of jil sander's recent coats but that's obviously gonna be over my budget.

Relatively new to Melbourne and would really love some advice on places to get slim dress shirts, or any recommendation on tailors for made-to-measures...

I'm very skinny and have trouble finding ones that fit off the rack to go with my suit, and I do need it quite urgently for a wedding I have to attend. Appreciate any kind of input, cheers.

looking forward to it mate, want to see if it really is $7K+ worth of awesomeness haha.

$$ can't buy style!

It's SS08 I think, and sleeveless, so not really substantial, but great for layering under things of over knits to add warmth. Far more versatile than I though it would be. I also have a silk jersey ma+ deep v hood, which is good for layering or by it self, and warmer than I thought it would be.

and thanks for checking out the blog, I really need to keep updating it more.

thanks for those info. i always liked the aviators, the one i tried in l.e.f.t, size 46 fitted me peeerfect. but not the biggest fan of the colour.

spend some time browsed your blog, lot's of pics i haven't seen before. good finds!:)

however i'm really hesitant in buying a coat online without trying it on) and those shitty cropped cheap looking leather/pleather jackets. i know its a really vague and open ended but if anyone has some recommendations i'd really appreciate it. i like alot of jil sander's recent coats but that's obviously gonna be over my budget.
sale is going on at cose ipanema and l.e.f.t, tho.

haha.. well don't count on me too much!

i was thinking all of the sudden, who else got the fencing?

klangspiel

uparmoured

venus in furs

mike lowrey

philip nod

ddohnggo

diego

les

khiev

gt2-josh

?? fairly certain a few more aussies have one too?

so who among you going to be next?

you can count me out Rob. ;)klang sold or was thinking about selling his one, only person I've seen do it any justice has been Venus and even then it's hardly $7K worth of justice haha. it's a balla jacket but one that seldom actually looks good enough to come anywhere near justifying the price, please prove me wrong though Rob. icon14.gif

klang decide to keep them afaik, venus want to kop klang's but klang did not let it go despite offering nearly 4-5k aud, and klang's fencing are a secondhand without tag and bag etc. from another US dude which sold 3k usd.

in all seriousness, it's crazy for what it is, - a leather jacket, for that price. if you ask me 2 years ago would i drop this much i would say hell no, not even the thought of dropping 2k jacket would come to my mind. but i just found a deep unusual appreciation for this designer in the end.

i think only chin saw me wearing the fencing irl.. : o

haha d, and no fit pic yet!

deep appreciation requires even deeper pockets haha. looks like I might have to hang out at EM for a day if I actually want to see it worn. ;)

yeah, oh well, it makes me wonder why ppl sell the fencing, what an amazing jacket, seriously.

and, huuhuh..i definitely won't be at EM until they have LUCs in. which is good, i can save up again.