australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

omg im too short to wear the jacket all done up :( :( :(

gonna have to tailor the shoulders and arm length too. any good place in sydney??

can't wait for the leather to soften !! :D

however, i noticed four rips on the leather????? don't think its part of the design tho... could anyone confirm on this???

I have a rip too at the back. it kinda looks like it got snagged :confused:

I think it looks good mel, but I think you will get people comparing you to C.O.N. which probably isnt helped by the resemblance between gareth moody and the model

conopener.jpg

lol yeah :( If i could change anything from the shoot it would definitely be the styling of the model and the shoes...

we had 2 talents to choose from.. 1 dude is a pro german model and he normally gets paid like 1k-2k for a day shoot. we know him personally so he was willing to do it for much much cheaper.. but the samples didnt fit him :mad: du is way too tall (190cm'ish).

With the chosen model, we didnt see the resemblance until half way through the shoot and it was too late to change haha. He normally has his hair down (jugend) but the hair stylist styled it like that so yeh..

We tried looking for a pair of boots in his size but only found these really ugly army ones. so we had to go with the vintage $25 dollar low top pair we found in an op shop lulz.

lesson learned!

once again thank you for the kind words and support! feels great to finally be able to share it with you guys. will keep you posted once we get some of the newer samples back from the maker :)

lol i thought Gareth as well when i saw him...haha aren't we all funny\\

ps what is he looking at on the ground :P

just happens that all the shots we picked he was looking down on the ground :P

wow @ the collateral gloves... probably the best looking gloves ive seen. what are his price points btw? all individually made by him right?

gotta look out for those wild cows. ;) I like the slightly grisly leather a lot too, means I won't think twice about beating it up haha.

i dont get this: for the price.. i would rather beat up a rick/julius leather?

and the gloves look better in those pics.. in alberts pics they looked heavy and too thick.. those look great

i dont get this: for the price.. i would rather beat up a rick/julius leather?

julius/rick doesn't retail for $1600 AUD man. besides, I want a simple design for an every day jacket. _7 jackets are great but most of the designs are fairly extreme and only a couple of their cuts fit me, RO has some nice basic jackets but never had any luck with sizing and one of his lightweight leather jackets would be in shreds if you used it as a beater anyway haha.

yeh mel they're all handmade by albert, from a single piece of deerskin.

..but you can certainly find one for around $1600 in excellent condition.. a beater is a beater, wear it hard and dont think about it.. i dont think leather can get to shreds that easy anyway, lightweight or not. i've had cotton, wool, even nylon jackets last hella long worn everyday....

true, you are always going to be able to find bargains on the second hand market. I do really like the design though, more so than any of the basic rick and julius leathers I've seen. I know you aren't a fan but obviously it appealed to quite a few of the guys on here, it's a simple design but with enough detail so that it's not boring imo. not so sure about the durability of lightweight leathers, I swear the two S/S rick jackets I've had felt like they'd tear if they caught on a twig haha.

i can fully understand that and i often feel like that myself. In no way am i saying your approach is worse or better than mine, however after dismissing so many things due to how they look and my own perceived style, i now take the time to consider things more. I find this gives me a greater understanding of myself as it makes me question my own style against fashion that i normally wouldnt consider.