australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

ed my FW08 jut measured 44cm p2p, so about 2 cm smaller than the MA. the SS08 jut fit similarly, according to vibe the new jut should also be about the same. size up to a 2 unless you want it super tight haha.

haha thanks dude!

shit is basically what I wore these past few weeks/months. just different colour tees and boots combination.

Got back from melb last night.. man melb 's CBD fucking owns syd. I havent been there for a while so it was all new to me. finally got to check out the CM store which is very very nice. copped a pair of lizzies. Didn't have time to go to EM/Assin (spent like 2 full days praccing cs in a net cafe sigh). I will definitely be going back this year with the missus.

But oh boy, the amount of hipsters = overwhelming. I swear every 2nd dude dress the same. Now i know what u guys are saying about the CM leather lulz.

would also rep mel but can't haha. would have been good to meet you but been so busy till today (just got out of a 3 hour interview for a job I know I won't take lulz), didn't bump into anyone from here?

yeah melbourne's cbd kills sydney's, only thing I like about the sydney cbd is all the cheap as hell SE-asian style food courts haha (student eats concept). the hipster outbreak is next level in melbourne, just walking past the state library is sickening haha. how are the lizzies man? good to hear you finally got them, what size did you end up with?

oh and btw, our obscur order is quite differant to the Darklands buy.

The leather shirt we are recieving with the same finish. And the two basics ( White & Black )

IMO these are the two best pieces of there buy. we have some other pieces coming that are really really nice.

Hanging out for it :\ Should arrive mid-late next week

I can't wait either. ;) obscur looks dope, some of the pieces darklands picked up look great. I quite like the fused cotton coat, the long cotton coat at the bottom is how I imagine most of the SS10 pieces would fit me though haha. did you order many pieces besides for FW09 besides those that were available for preorder?

any word on OV yet bt?

we must go out for drinks next time i'm there damien! i was hoping to superspot someone on the weekend but sadly that didnt happen :( i keep checking out ppl's shoes as they are the easiest to spot out and i know who owns what here (no homo). but in general, melb ppl dress loads better than syd. Sometimes I feel out of place in syd dressing the way I do :S especially with the DBSS boots. Received some funny stares and comments on them lol. Weird coz i dress pretty casual/tame.

man lizzies are the booomb. nice fit and very comfy. it'll be my 2nd skin for the next few months (till i get to wear shit from my own label). I tried on size 28 but i couldnt button it so i got the size 30 (fat concept coz we ate nothing but souvlakis and played games when we were over there).

haha nope :( came 5th-8th. lost to the first seeded team in quarter finals.. it was very very close. we choked it during the group stages so we had a gay draw in the finals. oh well.

JV, its nearly time. expect some PMs (and pics ;)) within the next 2 weeks hehe.

as much as I love my CM suede bomber which I wear so very often, I've to admit that CM leather are so over popularised in melbourne city...and that kills me....well..think possitively atleast mine isn't as bad as the iconic CM black leather

i have a huge list for things i want for fall - could use the money towards that. i have been offered about 5k for the parka which is a lot of money but i am going to be keeping it at that price. i think if i was offered a bit more i would sell it...not exactly sure.

all the other stuff is just crap from years ago or things i wouldnt wear.

the ccp spirals - i have 3 other pairs of ccp boots. one of them is the black spring 07 and i would rather wear those than these most of the time when i want black ones. i do want a spiral version and would rather have the object dyed greys...but i think i want to use the money for something else right now. will probably pick up later from em or atelier when they get theirs.

nyc...i dont actually have the gloves with me yet. theyre still at em...i bought them about a week ago or so. going to get a few more things from there in a few weeks and would rather just have them all shipped together..

since it's in impeccable condition, i wont even bother with the 5k offer, its alot of money but 4k is quite a loss.

and as for spiral boots, as much they are amazing, i am quite certain another pair will be floating around in the classifieds/auction.. dunno why.

.. some questions u can ignore or pm.. :P... will you be paying the VAT of these stuff? Does Stephen devalue the parcels?

w all the cheap as hell SE-asian style food courts haha (student eats concept). the hipster outbreak is next level in melbourne, just walking past the state library is sickening haha.

cosign+++++MIJ+++++

alot of ppl are born to be hipster, they look real good in it and fits their persona.

tight skinny jeans/plaid shirts are a no for me so no hipsterism from me. :P

LOL!!! It's true~

as much as I love my CM suede bomber which I wear so very often, I've to admit that CM leather are so over popularised in melbourne city...and that kills me....well..think possitively atleast mine isn't as bad as the iconic CM black leather

Yo did you get the one with all the tassles and shit?

morning bt. :) hope those leather jackets are coming along nicely over in sweden, exciting month for many of the guys here.

btw does anyone have any recommendations for some nice slim zip up boots that don't cost $2K? these butteros look nice, or should I just bite the bullet on some augustas or sissy pees? :P

find the augustas you want and ill do what i can for you D

I cant wait for the Jackets to arrive. Will have a date for when they are ready, in the next week im told when!

And i believe im going to skip the tags as it will add a few more days to get all the jackets tagged etc :(

really excited about all the new images that are surfacing from the Obscur stockists. also the blog images are insane... I think your predictions are correct bt this guy will be big.

D those butteros are so nice, considering myself (although they dont have 44's)... I'd prefer no detail like the Julius versions from a few seasons back (too lazy to find image). ankle details always remind me too much of cowboys etc :-/

I like these ones but not sure if I could deal with the rigidness of cordovan leather:

augusta_boots.png

something with a similar shape but in a more supple leather would be perfect, would be a lot easier if you had some sort of catalogue/product list to select from though bt. ;)

I'd still like some cheaper options, I'm looking for boots to wear to work so not sure how much I'm willing to spend on them (engineers = not fashion conscious) and I won't really need them for another 6 months so I still have time to do some research haha.

I'm looking for something with:

- a side zip

- either CCP/augusta or engineer boot style stitching

- slim rounded toe

- regular heel

- regular undistressed leather (no reverse leather or suede, preferably leather with a fairly fine grain like calf leather)

so far the butteros are matching what I'm looking for, shame they're sold out. any other recommendations would be great though. :)

i'm considering doing a tour of australia in a few months. Sydney, melbourne, perth over a few weeks.. think it could make for a relatively nice/cheap holiday..

great idea... the best 3 cities in Australia. I've been to all 3 (obv live in melb) and loved the different experience in each.. heaps of stuff to do if you look in the right places. also sent you a pm man.. respond (because i'm impatient lulz)

since it's in impeccable condition, i wont even bother with the 5k offer, its alot of money but 4k is quite a loss.

and as for spiral boots, as much they are amazing, i am quite certain another pair will be floating around in the classifieds/auction.. dunno why.

.. some questions u can ignore or pm.. :P... will you be paying the VAT of these stuff? Does Stephen devalue the parcels?

yea im going to keep it for now unless i get a good offer...

check your pm