australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

nubuck version looks so good on the runway until I saw the detail pics you posted D, not a fan of those darts and front panels really..

T, that really sucks arj, can't believe they did that to you! Are they gonna dispute all trademark that has a "theory" in the name, ridiculous!

fen I'd pass on the regular shouldered _7 leather, it's a similar short standing collar style to the obscur we're all getting in a month anyway haha:

img12451335881.jpg

ss0802.jpg

the 7th anniversary leather jacket does look sexy though, may cop if the MA leather jacket doesn't work out for me. :o

best of luck arj, I'm sure you'll be able to work it out. :)

-

good point. i am really hoping the obscur leather will be spot on for me, just keeping finger crossed. prolly would go for the jut after obscur- seemingly jut is a grail of many..

-

holy shit ive just read through 20+ pages to catch up since last time i posted lulz.

good pick up on the RO boots D, jealous. I went to assin the other day to try on the mohawk but they only had size 39 left and they are SUPER tiny. cant even get my ankles in. 40 mignt not even work for me :S

Arj, that fucking sucks dude. Will that cause delay for your launch?! :/ Hope its not too severe...

thinking of getting something from oki-ni.. anyone want to share shipping? PM me plz! (btw fen/flock, 40% ambassador wont work with sale items yeah?)

oh and welcome to the new posters ;)

Yeah the boiled wool blazer looks great. Its like $1700US though....

In other news my RO combats arrived yesterday and they fit slightly too small :( I'm going to give them a chance and see if I can put up with it otherwise I'll have to sell.

They certainly are a diffent boot to what I'm used to - far chunkier. I'm used to just wearing my monochrome chucks most of the time or some beat up derbys. Pictures soon.

holy shit ive just read through 20+ pages to catch up since last time i posted lulz.

good pick up on the RO boots D, jealous. I went to assin the other day to try on the mohawk but they only had size 39 left and they are SUPER tiny. cant even get my ankles in. 40 mignt not even work for me :S

Arj, that fucking sucks dude. Will that cause delay for your launch?! :/ Hope its not too severe...

thinking of getting something from oki-ni.. anyone want to share shipping? PM me plz! (btw fen/flock, 40% ambassador wont work with sale items yeah?)

oh and welcome to the new posters ;)

i believe ro's fit true to size?

oki-ni sales item.. they did mention sales item wont work with the ambassador discount..

nubuck version looks so good on the runway until I saw the detail pics you posted D, not a fan of those darts and front panels really..

looking at it again I don't mind the darting and paneling, perhaps it would be too clean without them? the cow leather version smokes the lamb nubuck though imo.

definitely cop the new jut if you can fen, too fucking intense. icon14.gif

mel those boots fit fairly true to size imo, I think a 40 should fit you as it has to be reasonably snug in the ankle to stop your foot from moving around while wearing them lol. they are quite chunky Ivan but I guess that's kinda the point with combats haha.

damn, this thread goes quick! have hard time keeping up with it from usual SZ speed I was used to lol

Agree with D, obscur leather looks much better than _7 regular shouldered leather. I'd so jealous of you guys when you receive obscur leather that's for sure haha. Shit is dope.

looking forward to see the pics Ivans

home if you're sending it within australia use registered post. because that jawn is heavy send by express post international if you're sending overseas, price is similar to registered post international if it's over 1kg.

lulz, better hope your gf isn't e-stalking you Ivan. :P

also on 2nd thoughts I agree with you on the paneling chin, looks kinda whack on the fit pics of the nubuck version. already buying 4 leather jackets this season, don't need a 5th one. :o btw post your waywt's in chat edition too. ;)

sev3n is definitely selling his, he's getting the double zip version next season. mine should be delivered by saturday...

I need to get a Julius or MA suit, what fabric is your one ray? guidi boots are too fucking sick, you getting a pair from archive?

Ok D, didn't realise there is chat edition too, this place is flooded with threads haha.

I'll say it's one of those piece that really appeal to me when I first saw it on runway but fail as individual piece at retail seeing the detail pics. just had a look at the measurement of nubuck version on mindtrive, shit cuts big. Yeah, definitely not worth the money to cop, I'm sure your MA leather will work out better for you. perhaps take a waywt pic layer with your red rider + RO boots lol!

In case you guys haven't seen it yet, the third issue of Melbourne's Academy for Men was released online last week. V&V supplied jackets for two of their shoots, which is the first time they've been featured in an editorial shoot, which is nice =) Doesn't feature any goths or ninjas, but it's183 pages that won't cost you $25 at the newsagent...

http://www.academyformen.com.au/academymen.html

no goth ninjas :(

does any melbournians own the complex geometries square hood T? if so whats it like. i know its cheap so im not expecting it to be super duper quality?

also yes or no?

IMG_7798.jpg

im waiting on my tax return before i cop. i cant find any good fit pictures of em though :mad:

I hope so chin, hopefully sev3n gets his today so he can share his thoughts on the MA leather. :o

congrats JV, what page is it on btw? ;) 183 pages is a lot to flick through online haha.

nay to those RO boots from me wept, your _7 engineer boots are infinitely better. if you're getting RO's get the combats. ;)

well wept if you do decide to get them I'd suggest the salt enzyme aged box calf leather rather than the mohawk reverse leather, it's really quite nice in person and will look brilliant when beaten up. personally I think the chunky shape of RO boots works better for combats but to each their own.

Wow I woke up this morning and had to catch up 7 threads, shieeet. Anyways congrats JV :) and welcome Hash. Mangz I just been lurking on MBOK and yahoo for the last couple days for any reasonably priced _7 jackets... depressed. Are there any other sites?

patience dude, just buy sev3n's jut that he's selling soon :P. mbok and Y are the only major auction sites, best leathers on there atm are a black FW08 jut and FW09 rider for 140K and 145K yen respectively.

shots look good JV. icon14.gif