australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

thanks for the info J, thought that was the case. I think they changed the sizing from SS08 onwards, perhaps for the international market? the hook closure rider I had from FW07 fit quite true to size, while all of the subsequent pieces I've owned seem to fit about a size larger (had to slim down my linen coat by about an inch in the chest and the shoulders). the looser fit may be intentional judging by these shots of the SS09 and FW09 leather jackets, all the pieces are styled quite loosely on the runway too.

yeah, I don't understand the need for such huge international mark ups for Japanese labels...

that jacket did fit you well and it was a reasonable price too (well compared to _7 and VA :rolleyes:), shame the ribbing ruined the design. I think I would need a non-existent size 0 in their leathers though haha. hopefully their basics still fit reasonably true to size...

not a fan of the attachment mainline, fairly generic Japanese domestic label without anything to make it really stand out, unlike Lad Musician for example.

heh, should have worded that better :o. don't really like the diffusion line (mainline?) of attachment, I do like lad musician a lot as it has a very defined and distinct aesthetic (rock and roll baby haha).

I never saw the first kazuyuki kumagai season (SS07), however I was a big fan of the FW07 collection. SS08 was decent if a bit boring (just toned down versions of the FW07 pieces), FW08 was quite a departure with the whole 1920's thing but still a very solid presentation. after that things have gone downhill, the fact that he isn't even doing a presentation at Paris this season is rather telling...

that said, as you mentioned the individual pieces are very nice in person. perhaps he is just struggling to find a real identity for himself in the way he portrays his work on the runway. the arrogance of not allowing the line to be sold online still pisses me off though...

Where abouts do you guys live? I know choice_genes lives in my area... but I'm thinking of moving from Brunswick East closer to the city. Possibly the north side of fitzroy / south side of fitzroy north... Any one have any better ideas?

agreed home, looking forward to seeing the new F/W collection from them. not sure if I'd be able to deal with the short sleeve length they have on most of their pieces though...

haha, outer 'burbs atm T :o. will have to start looking into places towards the end of this year, depends on which side of the city I can land a grad job in (if I can get a grad job that is). only applied for about half a dozen positions despite the shitty employment market but I'd rather be unemployed than in a position that I hate/ have no interest in....

fitzroy has always appealed to me, how much is rent around there? I'd also like to live in an apartment in the city/docklands if I worked in the city or was balla enough haha.

We are paying $350 / week for a decent sized 2 br apartment with a courtyard at the moment, just north of carlton north. I think we are getting a good deal though. Looking at a few 2 br terraces in Fitzroy / North for between $400-$450... Having a dog limits your options though.

I work in Prahran, so I dont really want to be too far north (will not live on that side of town)

What sort of Engineering jobs you applying for D? Did you get offered one at the place you were interning?

been mainly applying for systems engineering type positions as there isn't much R&D done in Australia unfortunately. I've only been applying for companies in industries that interest me though, want an opportunity to apply some of the engineering I studied.

applied at the company I did vac work for, however this year the initial HR work is been done interstate. I did contacted the HR girl I dealt with last year regarding the grad positions, said she'd keep an eye out for my CV when the applications get passed to her so fingers crossed...

slim pickings this year though, a lot of places aren't taking grads at all. some of the companies at the careers expos were taking registrations of interest for grad programs that commence in 2011...

don't open a paypal dispute yet wept, you set an ultimatum with him so if he doesn't ship by Tuesday then open one. a few people have already received their items, so if you open a dispute now he may just refund your money and turn around and sell it to someone else who was interested.

thats why i dont want to open one. he keeps stating that he can refund me if i want and this gives me the impression he just doesnt want to ship outside of the US due to the cost. i know he has the RO High tops and i did say ill give him until tuesday. it still shits me though. he also keeps saying 'im going into the office tomorrow even though im sick", which is confusing as unemployeed people generally dont have an office. WTF :confused:

any suggestions on how to 'push' him into sending it instead of refunding me. im trying to push him a bit but it doesnt seem to work.

Where abouts do you guys live?

Mornington Peninsula bro...so im technically not in Melb. Beach is soo nice in summer.

I live in Farifield.. kind've on the border of northcore/clifton hill/fairfield.

been living here for almost a year now... really enjoy it. I also work a 10min drive/tram ride away which is also awsome.

Yeah rent prices are fairly rape still... $350 P/W would be unheard of in Fitzroy area unless the place is really average.

How about trying in Abbotsford T? closer to Prahran and a tram that goes straight to chapel street is really close. Untapped area imo.

On the swine flu tip, the pandemic has more to the with the extent of the spread of influenza rather than the severity of the influenza itself. It's relatively harmless with mortality rate of 1 in 1000 and hospitalization rate between 2% to 6%.

What you should be worried about is the threat of a mutated strain of the influenza.

wtf wow thanks heaps for the multiple links dude! haha you sir are a legend. +rep when it lets me!

nah not copping, i remember liking the colour and how soft/subtle the printing looks on the tee. just using it as a reference ;)

tbh i wear all my printed tees as undergarments for layering now haha

flock id say 99% you will get your V&V jacket tomorrow.

Does anyone know if "Processing Centers" & Customs work on sunday?

If the jacket is in perth now then id say i will get it tomorrow. But i dont think the item will be in Perth until tomorrow and then sent out tuesday

D - Is yours in the country yet?