australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

also, tried on the rick pilot leather at assin.

all they had was the medium (and in brown), but it fitted quite well - on the shoulders, slim but not tight around the torso. perhaps 5cm off the chest would have provided a better fit.

i would have loved to try on the small. how tight should we / can we wear this rick leather?

yeah I went into the city fat today too, crazy low price for a leather jacket. I'm sure they'll sell out within a couple of weeks, told a hipsterish mate about it and pretty sure he'll instacop haha. I think the vintage styling and short cut would make it very appealing to the average fat patron, especially at that price. tried on the work jacket in a 46 and I'd say it fits very true to size, 44 would most likely fit me spot on.

love to see the veg nappa in person, agree that claude leather isn't great. tried on the new bomber today and it still fits wack...

home I've heard good things about grill'd too, but only from cheap bastards who scammed the free burger for movember deal haha. not sure about any other gourmet burger places in the city, not really my thing.

I'd get the leather as tight as you can fit in comfortably home, it'll stretch out a bit over time anyway. one thing to keep in mind is that RO sizing is all kinds of fucked up, even the same jacket in the same leather can fit quite differently so the pilot leather may fit differently in the washed lamb leather compared to the blistered leather assin has so it's still a bit of financial russian roulette...

I didn't post a picture, as I'm waiting for a 52. You could try the work jacket or sea coat on for size and then order the neck strap from another stockist. IMHO the nubuck leather that fat ordered isn't as good as the veg nappa anyway.

Any updates on neverend? I'm still really interested in the obscur vampire leather, and they have picked up obscur for that season.

Not sure, fat have a lot of stock at the moment, maybe the girls were shitting themselves that because of recession they won't be able to move it? This way they also have a tiered pricing scale for leather jackets and outwear with V&V, claude, fredrick grey(sp?), CON?, so they can cater to more people. (they think they are a concept store with homewears and shit).

Haha you got it D! I like the store, but I find their mentality a bit arrogant these days. Maybe it's just the people that work there.

We could of had an impromptue meetup today if you, home and I all bumped in to each other. :P

Yo guys, so i finally got a chance to get back on here.

the V&V jackets are going amazingly well, some really nice work from james.

The new con is also selling crazy fast. I will have a full stock list and pricing up asap. Old Con and old Beat Poet will be on sale as well. (40-50% Off.)

Hope your all well, DJI sorry i couldn’t get back to you. I have eaten every second day since returning from Paris. Life’s been a bit hectic. I have the two pieces in XS that you asked for but i understand if you have already got it! Hopefully from next week on i will be able to get on top of my emails and start to offer the best service possible.

good to hear from you bt. sorry about the CON pieces, I already purchased those 2 from other stores as I wasn't sure if you were able to order them (maybe I'll be able to get those 2 viscose basics in white next season :o). I'm interested in obscur too so would be great to see what pieces you have ordered when you get a chance to update your blog :).

i noticed the wool tench in todays herald sun liftout. its not a full body shot so you cant really see how it looks. i cant help you napoleon but im sure there are a few members who would know the answer to your question

*coughs* DJI? *coughs*

you called? :P

the mens trench isn't in yet however the womens (which is the same cut) is. I didn't check whether the hood was removable as I only looked at it briefly (double breasted coats aren't my thing), however the hoods on previous trenches were removable. one thing you may not know is that the trench is made from a wool/cotton blend (very soft btw), with quite a noticeable white speckle through the fabric.

one thing you may not know is that the trench is made from a wool/cotton blend (very soft btw), with quite a noticeable white speckle through the fabric.

I saw the fit in the AW09 collection pictures. The speckle and texture closeup in the liftout turned me on, well that and that they wrote "wool trench." I was hoping it wasn't going to be a blend but wool/cotton is better than the usual wool/synth stuff you normally see.

Waiting on their response on any Sydney stockists.

The S2A trench looked better in the liftout but epaulettes turn me off.