australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

yeah there's going to be a shitload of doma on SZ and here next week, wish that any pieces other than his lame basics and leggings with drawstrings would fit me though (which he didn't even make this season :(). I kinda feel sorry for anyone who bought some of the pieces that were on forward from another store though, their resale value just dropped about 50%...

haha, yeah they are really nice too. ditto with Calvin and the crew at Marais, it's a shame I'm not into the labels they stock anymore...

these guys were mad cool.. i was checking Lanvin.. I have always had a thing for Lanvin suiting and he was all compliments.. on my attire.. i was rather flattered:p

D! i think that VA basics are made from rayon cotton blends.. i know that KKA are.. The current cool looking jseam are made from a cotton and polyurethane blend.. not sure about that?

most of the VA basics are cotton this season, with a couple of really expensive 100% silk tees. afaik most of the basics they make every season are 100% cotton.

yeah the current KKA jeans are cotton/polyurethane, don't really like the texture from the pics I've seen... the KKA basics look quite nice but not sure about the RO-esque curved hem, the look is kinda played out here and on SZ haha but I'll try them out when I have the chance to. I was considering their tanks however the neckline (particularly the back) looks mild homo from the atelier shots.

I'm hoping Julius cuts their ribbed tanks longer next season as cotton/cashmere is my favourite jersey/ribbed material as it's so soft, but it doesn't pill like viscose or other synthetic materials do.

haha crazy :cool:, they twist and bunch through the body so they shouldn't look too long when worn though. still need some ribbed tanks, maybe next season...

nicholas basically any tailoring/alterations place can do it for $10-$15 AUD, no chainstitching here in melbourne though if that's what you're looking for.

haha, enticingly long you say? :P

ajax they're at 60%, however that's still $400. not sure what sizes they have left, they had 2 pairs in size 44 on the floor when I was there yesterday. perhaps if I purchased a pair for both of us they'd give us more of a discount haha, I don't think they've moved more than 10-20% of their doma buy...

haha, I just found the choice of words amusing :P. they do look really nice though, the twisted tees are probably the most interesting lame basics julius has designed (I think they first produced them 3 or more years ago?). dunno if they'll look to shrink wrapped on me though, then again I wear the ribbed tees which are almost skin tight haha.

wrapped that I already got the stimulus package, surprise $900 in the bank account is always nice :D.

I'll let you know how it goes ajax, be sweet if we can both cop those leggings at a reasonable price :cool:.

what did u buy from assin D?

handled v&v today @ dirtbox, very very impressed with the quality. The navy sea coat in nubuck leather blew me away. sadly they didnt have any size 46 left :(

also tried on the work jacket and double zip riders veg nappas.. they fit perfectly around the shoulders and arms but i couldnt zip them up.. am i fat

Thankyou Ruddernaut :D

Wow have been away for 3days and missed alot;) couldnt believe the talk on the DD stuff, oh well probably a good thing i missed it really!

James, your shoot pics looks great! wish I could have made it, as I'm v interested in 'how to go about' orchestrating one.

D im using 100% silk jerseys and doing modal too in my first coll. :D

so many Perth people in the melb thread.. haha

haha, it should nearly be renamed the Australian Thread.

Hi Melbournians,

Does anyone knows if CM produce a waxed denim this season?

I'm looking for a skinny waxed jeans, I've owned DH/Nudie/ksubi/DRKSHDW and they're not skinny enough for me :(

Ty in advance~

i believe this is an age old question that many are still struggling to find the answer to. most have contemplated coating their own claude maus's or april 77's etc.

haha, yeah definitely is the Australia thread these days :cool:.

sev3n they don't make waxed jeans, in fact they haven't had any new mens cuts/washes for quite a while now. kinda over waxed jeans, acne hex are close enough while still been really comfortable haha.

seems like every second dude on here is starting his own label these days, wish I had some some sort of creative talent...

mel I'll post it in RP soonish :).

any eye-glass store recommendations around melbourne / se melbourne?

luna eyewear on greville used to be okay i think, popped in there a few days ago and all they really had was a couple pairs of tom fords (and lame ones at that).

not looking for designer specs, just well built/designed independent stuff.

how does the sizing runs on Acne Damien?

haha, yeah definitely is the Australia thread these days :cool:.

sev3n they don't make waxed jeans, in fact they haven't had any new mens cuts/washes for quite a while now. kinda over waxed jeans, acne hex are close enough while still been really comfortable haha.

home I'm still wearing my orgreen frames that I bought from C20/20 in melbourne central, I thought you were ordering YSL frames anyway?

7 the 2 acne hex cash jeans I have run about 3 sizes larger than tagged, I wear a 26 for a true 29" waist at the height I wear jeans. btw T they have the hexes at that store in MC, $299 though haha.

seems like all of the "mainstream" stores are still on the dior military trip, I've seriously never seen more peacoats and field jackets in my life. also everyone has make sure they keep a hoodie layered under their leather jacket at all times, possibly two :rolleyes:.