australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

haha crazy prices

..anyways.. pretty bummed, was supposed to get a rick leather proxied for heaps cheap from europe, but there wasnt any in the style/size i was after

..and now i've gotta pull an all-nighter for an assignment due tomorrow.. procrastination is deadly.. remember that one kids......suicide.gif

melv, northern hemisphere are 6months behind, (i.e. Black noise collection) and Ian from RP said prices will be higher for them - that is not the AUD equivalent. So if you said the coat sold here for 650AUD, CON is pricing it at 650USD there. I know wtf.

..and now i've gotta pull an all-nighter for an assignment due tomorrow.. procrastination is deadly.. remember that one kids......suicide.gif

my group of 3 people need to make a 20-25 minute presentation tomorrow and we've done absolutely nothing (not even research) thus far...

haha, I'm in an engineering/applied science double degree so no girls unfortunately. we've gone for the "lie to the lecturer about a family emergency" angle :o.

turns out I fucked up the sizing on the Lui Hon piece, I had a friend give her opinion on it yesterday and it seems I need a size 1 (too loose through the body and the shoulder drops on one side). I went to assin today but they didn't order it in a size 1, they're checking with the store in Sydney however Lui said that they should have one in his showroom if they don't have it. glad that Assin are cool about exchanging the piece, their official policy (on the receipt anyway) is no returns/exchanges but they were fine with it. hopefully they have a size 1, last thing I need right now is store credit :(.

my grey tee is tagged as viscose, I think the terms viscose/rayon/modal/tencel etc. are fairly interchangeable as they're all man made cellulose based fabrics. the texture does look kinda ribbed on the close up shot though...

ah that's bl D. hopefully they can hook u up. keen to see fit pics of it - as with all your other recent purchases :P

just curious, did you sell ur attachment cardigan to lowrey?

3450389000_1d65a16ffb_o.jpg

no homo but lowrey is prolly my fav waywt poster in sz/sufu. some posters seem like they try wayyy too damn hard

haha, fit pic will come eventually :P. it's really warm so it has to be fairly cold for me to start wearing it.

lowrey already had that piece, I believe he's a 48 so his one is probably a size 2 or 3. yeah lowrey is something else, easily one of the steeziest dudes on here icon14.gif.

Anyone know anything about the CON modal tees?

saw this on the blackbird blog, didnt realise the grey and navy was modal

yeah so I looked in Fat in Prahran and the tag on the grey tee said cotton? so I dont know what the story is...

haha, yeah I'm guessing that it's just a wrong tag. doubtful that they would make tees from a different material just for the international market, I'll have a look at the texture of my grey viscose tee tonight to see if it looks similar to blackbird's pics. modal tees would be nice though, as long as you don't mind that they are slightly sheer in lighter colours...

D have you received your DD stuff from forward?

I got my shoes this morning :D Fits perfectly. they're so comfortable. construction and material are top notch. Style wise, im still unsure that i made the right decision in copping these instead of the boots though.

they are surprisingly light in weight.

yeah i bought size 40 and they fit good. the cork colour doesnt really bother me all that much tbh. i guess i chose them over the boots because i can dress them up or down. im wondering if i should go to a cobbler and put a protective rubber sole on. im scared if the original will wear off after a couple of wear like CON shoes.

ill post a waywt with them later this week with my v&v :)

it's a rubber sole so I wouldn't bother getting a protective sole added, just get the rubber sole replaced when it starts to wear through. curious as to why you think the sneakers are easier to dress up or down that the boots, doesn't the cork stand out a bit and does the tab at the back the sole get in the way at all?

which V&V jacket did you order mel? I'm very tempted to preorder that MA leather jacket, especially as it costs a fair bit less than I thought it would and they're only been produced in limited quantities...

I'll take it to the cobbler this week and ask what's up.

Well i guess for me when it comes down to boots you need that whole aesthetic to complement the look - layering, scarfs, jacket etc. My wardrobe isn't ready for that yet :P but mind you i am kinda regretting the choice that i got these over the boots. Although on the other hand, this way I can still buy combat boots when I go to japan or something without feeling guilty :D

The tab annoys the hell out of me and don't see the point in it at all. I can see my mates trying to step on it while im walking and itll just rip the shoes apart. At least on the sneakers theyre placed a lil higher compared to the boots.

In regards to V&V, I ordered the navy seacoat in goat nubuck.

zomg im starting my internship this thursday. nervous as hell.

haha, yeah definitely cut the tab off if you decide to keep them. good buy on the seacoat, bargain price for a nice leather coat (if only I could swing double breasted coats :o). best of luck with the internship man, although I'm sure we'll see plenty of you on here as the first few weeks will most likely be pretty slow haha.

hehe thanks D. hopefully they'll give me something worthy to do.

v&v's quality is farrrr superior to anything leathery done by the local labels. when i was @ dirtbox i checked out the leather by who am eye and this brand called "I heard they eat cigarettes".. they look/feel like plastic. Even the 2nd skin by CON doesnt compare. CON's new leather is very very thin, looks too sloppy if you ask me.

I think i will keep the DD shoes considering the price i got them for. scared to cut the tabs off though so ill just wear it out and see what happens. if it still annoys the hell out of me then ill cut then.

how much is the MA leather btw? in general is MA cheaper than julius' mainline?