australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

oh how was ur trial @ dirtbox dude?

the SA i spoke to on friday was heaps nice. he asked me where i got my neoism shoes from and i told him i got it for like 80 bux and he was like wtf where from lol

the chicks @ bessyhead are heaps pushy though. we feel uncomfortable every time my gf tries something there

melvin, where2cop GF?

sales assistants that push are shit. they treat you as if you didnt do research before you came into their store. Thats what annoys me. Its amusing when you know more about the products that they stock than they do.

mel the MA leather next season is 131K yen, last seasons (fucking ugly) leather jacket was ~150K yen. the prices for Julius leather jackets are 170K-180K yen depending on the style, I think the MA leather jacket is cheaper as it doesn't have all of the addition zips and such. most other MA and Julius prices are on par with each other.

034936, youre 17? i thought you were older.

DJI you need to eat more and take roids. Ive never heard you say 'its too small"....ever! Good luck on the sale of your DD shirt. i am intrigued by this item but cant say i feel the urge to part with that much cash

on a diff subject what are peoples opinions on glasses as a fashion statement. clear lens, black frames? im looking at options atm but dont know where to start. something in the 100-200 bucko range.

i would feel like a realll phoney wearing clear lensed glasses w/o a vision problem. especially if i were ever put on the spot and asked about it.

but i have to admit, sometimes i wish i had a vision problem of some sort to justify wearing frames, because i think they can really make (and break) a look.

/illogical thinking

haha, I actually eat quite a lot but don't really put on weight regardless of how much exercise I do. when I was working full time in an office position over the holiday I actually lost weight because I stopped going to the gym :o.

oh, and hell no to the prescriptionless frames. it's a waaaaay too emo/scenester kid thing to do.

just got word from the proxy that I should order a size 1 for the MA leather, kinda figured though haha.

well im glad i tested the waters and you all slapped me in the face. (0)

ill prob need glasses in 20 years time anyway...ill wait.

and if you dont mind me asking DJI is your MA proxy fromjapan. i didnt know you could ask them questions? im prob wrong that and its another one of your proxies.

haha, sorry dude but it's better to hear it from us now then from someone else after you've blown $200 on a pair of frames ;).

yeah my proxy is fromjapan, they're more than happy to make enquiries for you and they even did an instore pick up for me once icon14.gif.

I've noticed two things about Yoox over the last few seasons...

One, the prices are getting crazier. When they release their new collection, (usually 12 months old, so when FW09 is in shops, FW08 will be on Yoox), typically their pieces will be MORE expensive than the new collection in stores.

Two, the actual stock is getting worse. 95% of the time, you can tell the reason why its made it to Yoox (big size, bad colourway, bad piece, or super niche). Lots of people have jumped in with mini-businesses based on a similar concept. There is probably a dozen or more eBay sellers that raid designers sample sales (the stock that would have gone to Yoox in the past), and then you've got stores like Gilt.com which takes the whole end-of-season clearance to another level.

Some of the items I had my eye on are already sold... One item I want but is waaay over priced is this YSL raincoat / fishtail parka:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?YOOX=YVES+SAINT+LAURENT&tskay=18EF27F8&cod10=41133603CF&sts=dreambox80&areaid=74&id_code=1369833_24_3_CF_271

Nice mix of English mod, military and techno fabric in a functional piece that you can scrunch up in your bag and carry with you in winter.

I really wanted the bless hood coat off yoox... but it sold just before I could get it.

Yoox make everything look terrible, which is good if you know what you are after. There is also different levels to yoox, based on how often you buy, how much you spend.

I get the feeling it was a lot better 2-3 years ago

holy crap :) thats cheap, i might check em out! Are they good with their service availability & communication etc? Thanks for info D!

haha, that's good to hear wept :o.

7 their price is:

(item cost + local shipping + banking fee + international shipping) * 1.05= total cost

so basically only 5% :cool:.

thats nice, hows their policy on YAJ bidding? do you have to send them half the money first?

the best in the business, always quick to reply and fast to ship out. they have automated bidding and a snipe bidding feature for Y!, and mark the package at whatever value you specify :cool:.