australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Is there an acne store in melb central? What a fucking shut location for a store. Will cop if they go on sale to 200, actually I might try some on for size.

Is any lui hon going to fit me? It's unisex right?

yeah T it was "that store", it's on the 1st basement floor across from GP. worth going in to try on the hexes for size, even though they are technically womens jeans haha.

some lui hon pieces are unisex, others are mens. the diagonal button jacket is unisex, I got it in a size 2 and it's fairly tight. largest size he makes is a size 4. the knit trench is mens only, a size 1 was kinda big (and hella long haha) on me. it was $640 for the diagonal button jacket, a great price considering the soft and warm brushed merino wool material, and the uniqueness of the design.

yeah mel, I managed to cut a deal with cale. a few days ago he called rob for me and said the best price they could do was $370 (apparently they didn't do a 100% mark up so they were already selling it way below cost), he was able to drop it to $350 yesterday because I picked up a pair for both me and ajax :cool:. they are really soft and nice, the best leggings that damir has done so far imo :D.

thanks man, it's nice to wear something other than jeans for once haha.

the hexes aren't quite as skinny through the leg, still very slim though. you tried restricted premises for the tees? they get stock of most CON pieces.

Tyro , you look nothing like i thought you would. Thanks for ruining my swarve mental image of you sitting outside a french cafe, sipping $30 dollar short black coffees in an immaculate suit.

dont ask me why but thats the image i had.

haha, that's an interesting mental image of T that you had wept :P

50 they sit low, but not ridiculous low like the drop crotch CM sweats. CM only bought 2 pairs in 44 and 2 pairs in 46, I think the 46's sold a while back. anyone else familiar with any other tastefully done sweats/leggings? not a fan of the RO basketball style sweats or bassike/CON super drop crotch pants...

true, there isn't that much variety in slim/skinny jeans you can wear unless you're into tacky distressing and washes (it can be tastefully done though, like some DRKSHDW jeans). still want to cope J-jeans, hoping Julius or KKA produce something reasonably slim next season.

haha, that's an interesting mental image of T that you had wept :P

yeah i know. my mind tends to wander/dream and it associates an image of a person that i find fitting. its strange!

btw if anyone is interested there is a pair of julius engineer boots (with the strap) in a size 3 on Y!. they started with a low price so if you can fit it i would recommend keeping an eye on them. i have the same model, but not as tall and love 'em.

LOL wept

I've been trying to find good sweats for ages now. I've proxied one earlier this year from a mate in korea from a brand called "the vandalist". It kinda looks like CM sweats (the current collection not the drop crotch leggings). I havent gotten around to wearing them yet though. its kinda warm.

i'd been keen to see a fit pic of those damir sweats D.

aahaa i'd be kinda flattered if I was T.

I actually saw a guy today in Carlton with really understated waxed skinny denim. It reminded me of the recent talk on here and I really should've asked him wear he got them from.

Yeah I might see what the Who Am Eye leggings are like.... the material looks a little too light, though. Not sure maybe I should stay away from them and stick to the age old boring black denim.

yeh it's the veg. nappa.

not so sure about those who am eye pants 50, they look a bit too much like lycra cycling pants haha.

wept I agree that most sweats look terrible, even the designer ones need to have an interesting cut and some distinguishing features otherwise they just look sloppy.

nah im pretty sure T has the veg nappa leather.

the matte suede looking one is the goat nubuck finish.. which is the one i got :D

ah, thanks

i thought so, just wondered if it looked different under the different light or something

im going to see if i can get the neck-strapped bomber in veg. napa leather myself :)

Tyro , you look nothing like i thought you would. Thanks for ruining my swarve mental image of you sitting outside a french cafe, sipping $30 dollar short black coffees in an immaculate suit.

dont ask me why but thats the image i had.

this is spot on...

anyone who laughed is getting negged:p