australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

the numbers on my CP are completely gone... thats because its patent (it was barely visible from the start)

i really like the 2nd jacket D but im not too sure of the colour lol. then again you have more than 1 leather jacket so i guess its good to mix it up. i dont own any leather so i would def go black just so its easier to match things and get my moneys worth (esp if its 1k+).

the sleeves look short though no? would it be weird if you dont have any l/s under? i like it better than the first one u posted tbh..

yeah, with the current exchange it's closer to $3k in AUD... not sure if I'd get enough mileage out of it either, it isn't exactly a colour you can wear every day.

the sleeves aren't really short at all I think they just sized down for the runway presentation, hence why the model looks like he's about to burst out of it haha. the Julius leathers with raglan shoulders all fit about the same arm length wise, which is more than long enough for me.

curious as to what you don't like about the first jacket, too plain?

wow $3k. i dont think i can ever drop that much money on a piece of clothing just yet haha..

mmm yeh i was about too say that jacket seems super tight on the model.. would love to see it a proper fit pic for it..

the first jacket i thought its a tad too plain but more importantly i think its too similar to your other julius jacket... unless you're gonna sell it i think you might have trouble deciding which one you're gonna wear!

are both jackets in similar price points? if yes then id say go for the 2nd one...

yeah, I'd have to wait and see some fit pics of it properly sized and worn open as well before purchasing it. the MA leather isn't too similar to my other leather jackets at least in my eyes; the clean design, curved zip and style of collar are quite different from both the jut neck and the moto collared rider.

both jackets would be similar in price, the MA jacket would probably be a bit cheaper judging from current season prices. if you think the Japanese prices are steep you should see the prices stateside, they are ~$3K USD this season...

V&V should be at Fat within the next few weeks also :)

Latest update; it'll be at retailers around the country mid-week, hopefully on shelves before the weekend.

Btbam and I will be doing a linesheet shoot this week and it'll be for sale through Never End gallery for you guys - I'm sure the availible sizes/colours/styles will be listed too. Each retailer has bought really different jackets, and a couple of models/sizes/colours are already sold out, but the sizing runs consistent through the collection, if you can't get what you want locally, try Never End.

nice one JV icon14.gif. did you end up lining the jackets from the first collection in cupra and can you give us general price points? looking forward to seeing the jackets in person at fat, although I'm guessing they only ordered 46+ sizes like usual.

make sure let us know which one u end up buying in the future D! i might be going to japan in september so ill def check out julius' flagship store.

thats great news james!

edit: ill be over in qld by the weekend so ill check it @ fallow/dirtbox.. cant wait :)

Hey guys, been helping bt lately at his shop. Have handled the V&V jackets and the quality is second to none. The fit is spot on, and the craftsmanship all over compares to higher end pieces. I personally like the 'pilot' style black leather. Nvr End has a few samples too. Check them out when they hit your local, I think you'll agree.

Haha D! yep man i don't really post in recent purchases.. but maybe i can this time..

i think the ma+ leather looks madness. I wouldn't personally bother with another yurius leather if i were you..

the gold model number only seem to wear off easily on my patent version.. not on my nappa leather version.

cant wait to see the jackets james!

by all accounts they seem like theyre going to be my next purchase

would love to hear some info on approx price points

hope i can scrape the funds before winter comes along

its already really chilly this week in melbourne =/

did you end up lining the jackets from the first collection in cupra and can you give us general price points? looking forward to seeing the jackets in person at fat, although I'm guessing they only ordered 46+ sizes like usual.

I did manage to bring the full cupro linings to the first collection, one of the reasons for the delays, but it was worth it. Price points will vary by retailer, but approximately, inc. GST $719 for the work jacket and strapped neck bomber, $879 for the double zipped biker and $979 for the sea coat. Fat ordered 46's, Btbam has some 44's and 42's in the work jacket and sea coat in some colourways. A detailed list will be available this week.

Mid-week sweet. But I'm still undecided between the 'work jacket' or 'neck strapped bomber'.

The neck strapped bomber is a more relaxed, the work jacket is cut to about belt-height, which is not for everyone, but its my go-to casual jacket, very easy to throw on over a long tee.

^ hyperlink goes to .com not .com.au

Amusing story, the brand was going to be 'Vincent Brothers' (url vincentbrothers.com still registered to me) until a man named Vincent Brothers killed his ex-wife, children and mother-in-law in a serial killing. He was on death row last time I checked, I think he was executed in 2008. All the top search rankings for 'Vincent Brothers' were filled with news stories and Wikipedia entries on him, so I bailed on the name =)

thanks for the update JV icon14.gif, cupro lining is delicious. bloody fat, they should know their clientele by now haha. wow you went down to a 42, do pieces run true to size (ie size 44 = 44cm pit-to-pit)?

weather has been crazy cold these past couple of days, might be time to bust out my Julius stole :cool:.

I think you better make an exception this time J, RP needs you; recession means people haven't been copping jawns haha.

interesting to hear your thoughts on the Julius leathers. perhaps I should just pull the trigger on the MA curved zip leather when it's released (J it's Julius MA not MA+ ;)) as they would be made in limited numbers, and wait until I go to Japan in october to decide whether I should get my MJ on.

MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

^ hyperlink goes to .com not .com.au

Sorry my bad... was half asleep :o

Amusing story, the brand was going to be 'Vincent Brothers' (url vincentbrothers.com still registered to me) until a man named Vincent Brothers killed his ex-wife, children and mother-in-law in a serial killing. He was on death row last time I checked, I think he was executed in 2008. All the top search rankings for 'Vincent Brothers' were filled with news stories and Wikipedia entries on him, so I bailed on the name =)

this is so freaky... at least he wasnt some leather face type TCM guy

thanks for the update JV icon14.gif, cupro lining is delicious. bloody fat, they should know their clientele by now haha. wow you went down to a 42, do pieces run true to size (ie size 44 = 44cm pit-to-pit)?

weather has been crazy cold these past couple of days, might be time to bust out my Julius stole :cool:.

I think you better make an exception this time J, RP needs you; recession means people haven't been copping jawns haha.

interesting to hear your thoughts on the Julius leathers. perhaps I should just pull the trigger on the MA curved zip leather when it's released (J it's Julius MA not MA+ ;)) as they would be made in limited numbers, and wait until I go to Japan in october to decide whether I should get my MJ on.

MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

yep yep..

I just think with the leather you have already.. Unless you get rid of one of your leathers and cop both? I'm not really digging the details on that particular leather..

that said when i see some unworn pics or one that fits right i might change my mind.

I have also been a little disappointed by some of the leathers they have made this current season.. A little uninspiring.. I like Yurius leather but.. This season was a little average..

what do you think?

You have the Julius riders and high collar right D?

The MA leather is nice, the leather looks quite thick? But it is quite plain?

The red julius is almost like a leather shirt. It has a lot more personality than the MA jacket, but looks like thinner leather - and not as substantial.

J - I'm dying to know what leather you are copping? :D

yeah I have this moto collared rider:

lookbook2.jpg

wearing it right now :D, leather is really heavy and substantial so it's only really suited to cold weather (jawn weighs about 1.5kg).

the MA leather uses a more substantial leather similar to the FW06 rider I already have. the curved zip is really what does it for me, makes it almost like a fencing jacket. I think the collar looks quite good worn open in the lookbook shots too.

the crispy (almost burnt looking) leather on the rider looks nice too even if it is quite lightweight. the distressed collar is the detail that really makes it for me (not really a fan of standard shirt style collars like on a regular rider), other than that it's just a standard rider though. not sure if it'd be interesting enough to be worth buying in any colour other than the red though haha.

J is looking at copping a kazuyuki kumagai leather. have to agree that the julius leathers this season are fairly bland, definitely none that I'd consider icon13.gif.

Hey T, as we are both so tall i'm interested in what size jacket you take in a rick? Also, have you ever tried on any CM leather? If so what was your opinion on length etc.

D, I think that red Julius is nice looking, although perhaps a little over the top detail wise. My opinion is always less is more in regards to clothing detail but i'm sure you'll make the right decision... that red leather off the runway would look preety intense though :cool:

My RO jacket is an XL, but fits more like a typical large. Sizing for RO is all over the place, best to try on if possible or to have measurements. Never tried on any claude leather, personally no a huge fan of the hooded bombers. In other claude stuff usually an L. Most Rick and CM stuff is long regardless of size, so its more about the width of you really?

i still like the red one better ;p like T said it has more personality.. but thats just me haha. maybe because all my current shit is simple and im trying to break out of my comfort zone.

btw my ann d boots are here..

holy fuck if its 1cm smaller i wouldnt be able to fit my foot in at all.. the leather is soft and it looks good with my JR hoboken jeans.

one problem though.. you know that plastic thing they have on the back of the heels to give the shoe structure.. that thing in the right pair bends inwards so it KILLS my leg (i was only walking around the house).. cant imagine what it will do if i had to do excessive walking..

the left pair also hurts but not as bad.. will a shoe stretcher fix this problem? i rkn a size bigger would be perfect.. argh.. not too sure what to do. sell or keep...

My RO jacket is an XL, but fits more like a typical large. Sizing for RO is all over the place, best to try on if possible or to have measurements. Never tried on any claude leather, personally no a huge fan of the hooded bombers. In other claude stuff usually an L. Most Rick and CM stuff is long regardless of size, so its more about the width of you really?

XL, wow really... I would be scared of it not being slim enough? Cal is reserving a medium for me to try on in the leather bomber... I guess my exact problem is i'm way tall and way skinny at the waist, but have broad shoulders... it makes shopping for most things fairly awkward.

If all goes well and I become addicted to leather (will happen) i'll probs go for a for a pricier RO or Julius next time.

melvin, just always wear extremely thin socks haha... or as T says try a cobbler. Selling is an option but if you love them enough it's worth exploring all avenues...