australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

mang, I could use the money. :o will have a listing of cheap local stuff when I have time to take pics, half a dozen jack london shirts (size S, fit like a 44/46) and maybe a couple of other bits and pieces (CM jeans in size 28).

i personally myself din't expect d will selling his too... : \

its stunning jacket..

that being said, i just received my luc suture j pants yesterday... it fitted me well, but not sure if i am liking the stacking effect on my legs.. :samething with my bbs jeans.. S

and sigh.. i want one of chin's ring.. one day.. i guess. too much spending lately.

I started a shit storm on SZ hahaha. God there are some ignorant people out there.

omg. will be totally devastated if campbell will not accept orders outside of EU from the outcome of this! I still have somethings that I want to kop from him :(

i will kill you ivan!!!

:P

The very fact that Campbell has to organise a meeting with his accountant to determine their VAT policy says it all really.

I suspect is.. we send him funds, he is acting as a buyer himself, and send it us as gifts/declare lower value... anyway, either side, legitimately.. have to pay the tax anyway... but i have my own experience is that i do not want to go through au customs again.

Can you enlighten us on your customs experience?

The reason I have started looking into this is that I found the RO combo jacket on dantone for 1000EUR (VAT free), where as on Komakino it is 1280EUR (including VAT). So if I pay duties on the cheaper one I am looking at a slightly cheaper price than if I buy from Komakino, but if Komakino discount the VAT then the price is far better as they mark the value down.

And why wouldn't they take orders outside the EU? Because their lucrative VAT scam has been discovered? hahaha.

Ivans it is not possible to ask a store to take off the VAT and then declare it lower than it's actual value, that would hold them liable to some severe penalties and put them at risk of losing an Australian customer base as they may be banned from sending goods here. The only way you could save $$$ is to actually take it through Australian customs, pay the relevant GST + the other small charges they throw on top and the difference will most likely be a small positive.

Ivans, though what you're suggesting certainly does happen and I understand it could be in jest saying this. I highly doubt that they are pocketing the cash gained from taking Mehrwertsteuer. I would say they are more than likely paying more tax than is needed.

Can you enlighten us on your customs experience?

The reason I have started looking into this is that I found the RO combo jacket on dantone for 1000EUR (VAT free), where as on Komakino it is 1280EUR (including VAT). So if I pay duties on the cheaper one I am looking at a slightly cheaper price than if I buy from Komakino, but if Komakino discount the VAT then the price is far better as they mark the value down.

And why wouldn't they take orders outside the EU? Because their lucrative VAT scam has been discovered? hahaha.

personally from my experience with au custom is not as horrible as i described. .. a phone call, a few email exchange about the invoice, payment, and arrangement to deliver and got them a day later. what i feel is that.. as said earlier.. there are fees that are not aforementioned. But I end up paying a little less to what they retailed in EU and US. But will I call, email, etc again to go through again? I guess I have to say depends..

Flock has been hit by australian custom with his RO sneakers.. maybe he can share his experience..

regardless it's illegal to mark down a parcel to avoid customs. the duty/tax needs to paid to the country the item is being imported into, not the origin country. the VAT refund system requires some paperwork to be done by darklands. they aren't pocketing the money, they just aren't performing the refund. I suspect their refusal to offer a VAT refund may have more to do with their false canadian front komakino than anything...

Flock has been hit by australian custom with his RO sneakers.. maybe he can share his experience..

Dealing with Australian custom wasn't so bad, basically just got a call from DHL saying they needed me to give them a credit card number so they could clear my sneakers from customs and deliver them, no idea what they would of done if i refused to pay taxes.

I paid hoping i could get it back at a later date and oki-ni would supply customs with the relevant information showing i paid less than $1000au. Oki-ni was fucking hopeless and despite continued conversations with Lucy on the phone and her telling me she would get a revised invoice out to me and would make contact with customs (which customs had asked me to get them to) she never did. I got furious with her on the phone after 2 weeks of calls and basically told her to go fuck her self and well nothing was still ever done.

My impression of Oki-ni is its a bunch of unorganised brits constantly knocking off early to go get smashed at the pub because seriously, dudes be fucking up all the time.

great ambassador huh.... :P

Dealing with Australian custom wasn't so bad, basically just got a call from DHL saying they needed me to give them a credit card number so they could clear my sneakers from customs and deliver them, no idea what they would of done if i refused to pay taxes.

I paid hoping i could get it back at a later date and oki-ni would supply customs with the relevant information showing i paid less than $1000au. Oki-ni was fucking hopeless and despite continued conversations with Lucy on the phone and her telling me she would get a revised invoice out to me and would make contact with customs (which customs had asked me to get them to) she never did. I got furious with her on the phone after 2 weeks of calls and basically told her to go fuck her self and well nothing was still ever done.

haha.. i am surprised, you might get risked yourself getting booted!! The ambassador private page is totally inactive.. everyone is there for the discount. haha..