australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Ahh, i have wanted that Raf coat for so long, i tried it on in NYC but i was too poor at the time to cop, been looking for 48. Actually won one for an amazing price on YJ but the seller never responded to any emails and refunded the payment without giving any reason.

:(

i'm convinced some people do that when they realise a proxy is buying it. Never happened to me but maybe some day it will i reckon.. The again sometimes people just redact stuff..

as for those w+h service boots. Yes they look good and once i wanted them, but i would rather get cdiems or even augustas made from a superior leather in my mind (maybe not others).

w+h boots are nice. they would be quite easy to rock out imo. was contemplating to cop a couple of months ago.

i would still choose the waxed ann d over them but :)

hey J, have you handled the DBSS boots personally? what do you think of them?

I'm torn between boots and prices. The waxed ann d boots look amazing, but aren't strictly 'black', so imo are less versatile. The W+H are slightly cheaper and there is a pair on SZ atm for about $700AUD.

I may regret not buying the Ann boots, but even my enabling brother says that's too much for a pair of boots, which really has got me thinking...

i think they are close enough to black to remain versatile, if not more interesting.

but i have always been a fan on the WH service boot. Though i think that price is still a little inflated, no? i think they retailed a bit below 800 USD. I probably wouldn't pay more than 500-600 AUD.

the wax finish can be easily removed/reduced with a damp cloth anyway. last seasons ann d boots are my favourite pair that she has ever designed, you can pick up a pair of W&H boots any time man.

w+h boots are nice. they would be quite easy to rock out imo. was contemplating to cop a couple of months ago.

i would still choose the waxed ann d over them but :)

hey J, have you handled the DBSS boots personally? what do you think of them?

I am biased, no i haven't handled them but a few years ago i was looking for them desperately, i found out a lot about them. I was unfortunately only ever able to find the white ones in my size :( One day i will get them, they turn up quite frequently on Y!

IVAN if you (+brother, is he on here?) think that is to much for a pair of boots yikes. If i was happy i wouldn't think twice about spending much more. Seriously a pair of great boots is an investment for your feet, you wear them so much, they keep you feet dry and happy, they look good, are made form quality components. I know this has been bought up before but what if you say wear these boots 4 times a week for say a total of 10 hours, maybe you wear them at night going out or something. So say that you love these boots so much, you wear them like this for four months. You have now wore these boots for 640 hours. That's roughly $1.01 for ever hour you wear these. How does that compare to renting a DVD? or going to a museum? That's only 4 months.. Sorry to reiterate this point guys

hahahaha i like your enabling technique J +rep. reminds me of the whole discussion that wept had few months ago.

I fell in love with the DBSS boots when they first released pictures of it and this was a while ago (when i first joined sufu maybe). Now that I got it im just wondering if its versatile enough to wear on daily basis. I'm talking about the DBSS boots that was on supermarket a few days ago (you replied to the seller's thread). I instakopped it coz i know those boots esp size 1 is rare as fuck. but if i was given the choice of ann D or those.. hmm

@Melvin:all depends on your aesthetic, both are of supreme quality. If they don't work out i'm sure you can resell them:D

Oh by the way depending on where you saw pics of those DBSS, i first spotted them way back in July 07 or there abouts.. possibly earlier.. These would have been long gone around the time you signed up

nice pickup T. icon14.gif

i know this is an old topic but what are melbourne peoples impressions/opinions on the RO two tone leather. i originally liked the cut but not the 'two tone-ness', but its growing on me now.

i still wouldnt spend alot on it but if one comes up cheap in a Medium, feel free to inform me.

Tyro, I'm so glad you got those boots! The planets of price / size / style were perfectly aligned on that one... I've been really happy with my boots from Buttero (who manufacture for Dior Homme).

50_lions, NFI on Filippa K's sizing. CP's dress shoes probably fit similarly, if not slightly larger - if they're a bit loose, you a can always throw in an insole.

Yeah am really looking forward to them, I think the taller combat style will work fine for all 6'5" of me... how do your Butteros fit JV? would you say half to a full size large?

Yeah am really looking forward to them, I think the taller combat style will work fine for all 6'5" of me... how do your Butteros fit JV? would you say half to a full size large?

They do run large, tagged 44, fit around 10.5 UK, as opposed to the UK10 I was expecting. I'm guessing Barney's has translated the sizing into US sizing, so your 12's will be 45's.

[quote name=

50_lions, NFI on Filippa K's sizing. CP's dress shoes probably fit similarly, if not slightly larger - if they're a bit loose, you a can always throw in an insole.[/quote]

Thanks JV, I had good luck with my other 44's so fingerz crossed

nice one T, tried to rep you but can't ;). the taller combat boots should look fantastic on you, wish I were taller so I could pull them off haha.

mel you should be happy with the DBSS boots, you can always resell if you decide to get the ann d's in the future (or just keep both :cool:).

wept tbh I'm not a big fan of either the pilot style jacket (looks like the sort of jacket that V8 supercar or nascar racers wear haha) or two tone. two tone feels like it's just the flavour of the season to me, I don't think it will stand the test of time. at least it isn't as bad as the gradient leathers this season...

fuck... Got two emails from Barneys, one saying that my payment was cancelled for some reasons and saying I should retry, then another saying the item is out of stock. (which is how it now) appears on the web? :(