australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

cheers man.

im tempted to go into the city this week and take a squiz at all the places i forget to go or bypass due to my 'cant be f**ked' attitude.

hey DJI, whats your opinion the Julius drape neck pile knit thats on SUFU and SZ at the moment. Cant say im not tempted at the moment, but i should be saving :(

shit, RO european prices have shot up too. I can't stomach paying more than ~$300 AUD for a lame basic. eh the front peen flap thing is getting played out around here anyway, I'll stick to my local and japanese labels for basics.

If you change your country to Italy (or somewhere in the EU), the price drops by 45 EUR per piece - so 135 EUR for the tanks.

But it does shit me that instead of deducting the 17.5% VAT and making it more attractive to international buyers, they jack the price and bleed us for more.

Potentially worse, they may be discounting the VAT, but are pocketing that extra margin too.

damn, that is bullshit. RO might still be an option if I buy while I'm in europe, regret not picking up some pieces while I was in paris early last year as I don't have any trips planned in the foreseeable future. be interesting to see what assin and zekka's prices are like for RO this season though...

what's everyone doing on the weekend? weekends are fun once more, (first payday in 3 months today) w00t! grabbing a meal in the city tonight, was going to go to Yu-u but decided to go somewhere else. Any good gigs coming up?

I think order and progress has a pretty small range in terms of sizing, haven't been there for a long time though. speaking of sizing, apparently CM only made 2 of the black l/s double layer tees in small, have to wait and see if they produce more :(.

finished at my vac job today, back to uni on monday. nothing much planned for the weekend though, some drinks with mates tomorrow and probably go to the motor show sometime during the weekend as well.

it's shit that we never got that A.P.C. store... any one seen the selection at order and prog?

no this post was not related to any recent post

yeah A.P.C. store would've been nice but all their clothes are made in different timings, so either we'd either be wearing summer in winter or winter in summer, or we'd be buying shit 6 months late.

i've seen the sel. at order and prog.

mainly tees and some 'sneaker' shoe (not your ordinary adidas/nike, a little more refined).

they have some sweet jack gomme bags that i liked. don't know if they still have them.

also, they stock apc, but it's pretty expensive. although apc is gettin gmore expensive overseas now anyway.

what's everyone doing on the weekend? weekends are fun once more, (first payday in 3 months today) w00t! grabbing a meal in the city tonight, was going to go to Yu-u but decided to go somewhere else. Any good gigs coming up?

YES OF MONTREAL THIS THURS HIFI BAR

IM GOIN. it suxi have 8am lecture and 9am tute the next day tho BOO

the wide neckline was the reason I didn't cop any of the tees last season, didn't want to add a third layer underneath the double layer haha.

whats everyones preference - scoop neck, boat or just crew? I'm a scoop fan. Looks good with layering.

And no not a fan of the Vneck.

yea I think super low scoops (of the thousand reasons variety) are putrid. Damn fly into sydney on the 8th (day after the CON sale ends) - just not meant to be. I wonder if Gareth will let me pick up the scraps haha.

just be sure to carry cash on you. No one wants your credit card, and you can only get cash out from the special ATMs at the post office (and a few other places)

No one is gonna mug you in Japan, so no need to worry about carrying cash

welcome back J, it's great to see you on here again :D. when are you heading to the land of jawns? just wondering, is there a reason to carry a lot of cash around instead of paying for most things with card?

Cash is just generally more accepted in Japan than cards are. They dont have the same eftpos mentality for buying things, to the point where most boutiques / stores wont really want you to pay with credit card, and in the event they you do, they will probably have one of those ancient swipey things that carbon prints your card details...