i am legend

fortune

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was Ireland? I thought she said Maryland. How would she hear his broadcast on the radio anyways?

I never understood why they had the one zombie that was way larger and more powerful than the rest. How did he get that way?

I know he's "legend", couldn't the idiot have just climed into the hole with the lady and tossed the grenade out?

Wouldn't her car be blown up in the explosion he sets off?

Why doesn't he destroy the "hive" when the dog runs into the building?

I wish they would have spent more time showing the time between the hellocopter crash and when the "present time" starts. I loved hearing about the rescue boats, and would love to hear more stuff that went on inbetween. How fast did the infection spread? How did the survivor colony become developed? How do they spread the cure to the rest of the infected? Did the survivor colony try to go out and rescue anyone?

I was so sad when the dog died. Tore me up inside.

Why didn't the zombies just eat the lions and deer? How are those animals STILL alive three years later?

They should have showed more of him enjoying the city, like when he drove the Mustang around.

How did he power all of his equipment and entertainment?

I have so many questions, it's sad.

mmk just saw The Last Man on Earth ... spoilers ... what's the big deal?

the plot is much, much weaker in The Last Man on Earth:

-- dude is the only person w/ immunity ever because he got bit by a bat in panama a long time ago--and he only realizes that his immune blood can be a cure 3 years after the world has gone to shit???

-- so, it's fair to assume that panamanian bats would've bitten loads of panamanians = robert morgan not being the last man on earth, but just maybe the last dude in LA.

-- aaaand how the hell would dude who gets out and explores the city frequently enough for 3 or 4 years would miss a large enough group of vaccinated infected who can walk around in the sunlight, kill other infected, and are building a new world order where everyone dresses up in black and kills folk in churches (red scare much...)?

I Am Legend (2007) > The Last Man on Earth

i'm still making my way thru the book...i don't doubt that sidneylo is right tho. right now the only huge flaw of the new movie is using the book's title and the name robert neville.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I thought the flashbacks were a decent way of establishing back story while breaking up large segments of the film (that were necessary to set the tone and Smith's present state of mind).

I guess my biggest gripe was with the overuse of CG. I think practical effects and makeup could have made a much scarier un-dead, zombie, vampire-ma-jig (at least up close). Every time one of those vampy-things screamed and the jaw opened unnaturally wide it bugged me.

I agree with the over use of CGI. I thought the movie was going to be amazing but I was wrong.

However, I do think it was a good movie and I did enjoy it...I just thought it was going to be better than it was.

fwiw, they actually went back and redid the zombies in post with CGI since the director felt the practical effects weren't enough...

i've not read the book, but i thought it was a good enough movie. after reading a little about the plot points of the book the movie left out, i'm going to get a copy of the book and read it over christmas... but i never compare books and movies, it's just not worthwhile...

didn't see it in imax, so missed the 6 min dark knight trailer, but the standard theatre trailer was great. (mixed on iron man)

I've been on an undead/zombie binge in the past week. Watched 28 days/weeks, 30 days of night, read I Am Legend novel, even whacked it to some sort of comic based on rabid cannibals with angels and demons. Some things were obviously poor as the piss CG, but I liked the direction they went with the story, I can' texpect much from film adaptation I wasn't too disappointed in the movie I thought it was pretty awesome.

mmk just saw The Last Man on Earth ... spoilers ... what's the big deal?

the plot is much, much weaker in The Last Man on Earth:

-- dude is the only person w/ immunity ever because he got bit by a bat in panama a long time ago--and he only realizes that his immune blood can be a cure 3 years after the world has gone to shit???

-- so, it's fair to assume that panamanian bats would've bitten loads of panamanians = robert morgan not being the last man on earth, but just maybe the last dude in LA.

-- aaaand how the hell would dude who gets out and explores the city frequently enough for 3 or 4 years would miss a large enough group of vaccinated infected who can walk around in the sunlight, kill other infected, and are building a new world order where everyone dresses up in black and kills folk in churches (red scare much...)?

I Am Legend (2007) > The Last Man on Earth

i'm still making my way thru the book...i don't doubt that sidneylo is right tho. right now the only huge flaw of the new movie is using the book's title and the name robert neville.

I think you are essentially saying what I said. Its a good movie on its own, they just should have used a different title/character name. Kudos for actually taking the time to read the book and watch the other iterations of the story made into film.

TLMOE is still a good movie though :(

phen3n: Read the goddamn book. Its not about sacrifice. Infact, you could say its the exact opposite.

I ain't gonna spoil it for you... but they also forgot the part where Neville feverishly faps to the vampire women, who stalk his home in tattered clothes, through his little peep hole.

Yeah... Will Smith is into dead chicks.

I ain't gonna spoil it for you... but they also forgot the part where Neville feverishly faps to the vampire women, who stalk his home in tattered clothes, through his little peep hole.

I downloaded this on the end of a 36 hour bender and watched it last night ... I haven't and probably won't read the book but it Was WAY better than Imagined it would be, even given my less than discerning state and despite the obvious plot flaws.

Things I dug on:

• Most obviously, the way post apocalyptic NYC was portrayed.

• Neville struggling to control his anger at the girl cooking his bacon even though

he hadn't seen another human for 3 years.

• His conversation with the mannequin in the record shop. I feel like that all

the time.

Things that sucked:

• The unexplained, highly dubious and extremely convenient way Neville's

lights/fridge/ Tv worked despite the end of the world. Oh, and the way he had a

laboratory conveniently set up in the basement of his suburban home where he

could freely conduct experiments with deadly viral agents.

• Despite initial promise, the eventual lack of Neville's character development.

• All the zombies being super ripped.

• The half assed confrontation between Neville and aforementioned head zombie.

And finally, not specifically aimed at this movie in particular but still applicable.

• How come the Dog always gets it?

I downloaded this on the end of a 36 hour bender and watched it last night ... I haven't and probably won't read the book but it Was WAY better than Imagined it would be, even given my less than discerning state and despite the obvious plot flaws.

Things I dug on:

• Most obviously, the way post apocalyptic NYC was portrayed.

• Neville struggling to control his anger at the girl cooking his bacon even though

he hadn't seen another human for 3 years.

• His conversation with the mannequin in the record shop. I feel like that all

the time.

Things that sucked:

• Despite initial promise, the eventual lack of Neville's character development.

And finally, not specifically aimed at this movie in particular but still applicable.

Things that sucked:

• According to the book, generators. One can assume that in the film he has access to those kinds of facilities/equipment and or salvaged them with his access after the apocalypse.

• It's hard to show the countless pages of internal dialogue and conflict on film.

• Zombie dogs were mad stupid.

• Head zombie was mad stupid.

• Dog was supposed to tie into Neville's character development but kind of ended up being his crutch in the film.

Things that sucked:

• According to the book, generators. One can assume that in the film he has access to those kinds of facilities/equipment and or salvaged them with his access after the apocalypse.

• It's hard to show the countless pages of internal dialogue and conflict on film.

• Zombie dogs were mad stupid.

• Head zombie was mad stupid.

• Dog was supposed to tie into Neville's character development but kind of ended up being his crutch in the film.

i thought it was really fucking good. like, thrilling and scary at the appropriate moments, action packed at others, silent and creepy mostly. i thought it was a great film.

they show the generator btw.

i thought the movie appropriately put everything together, left a lot unanswered for the audience in an effort to keep them sort of in the grips of the "what if?" feeling of the entire movie.

but yes, more flashbacks would've helped.

i thought it was really fucking good. like, thrilling and scary at the appropriate moments, action packed at others, silent and creepy mostly. i thought it was a great film.

they show the generator btw.

i thought the movie appropriately put everything together, left a lot unanswered for the audience in an effort to keep them sort of in the grips of the "what if?" feeling of the entire movie.

but yes, more flashbacks would've helped.

Yeah I got that he had a generator and I remember seeing one in the movie, but not at his house. The convenience and implausibility comes from the way that a generator big enough to power all the stuff he was using would make enough noise to wake the dead.

Not that it needed to in this case.

Obviously.

But you know what I'm saying.

Yeah I got that he had a generator and I remember seeing one in the movie, but not at his house. The convenience and implausibility comes from the way that a generator big enough to power all the stuff he was using would make enough noise to wake the dead.

Not that it needed to in this case.

Obviously.

But you know what I'm saying.

Hey, that goth-ninja-zombie-vamp-chick he had in his lab had a tight little body on her. He coulda gone over to Atelier and kop'd some CCP lingerie for her – he'd a bin good t'go.

Hey, that goth-ninja-zombie-vamp-chick he had in his lab had a tight little body on her. He coulda gone over to Atelier and kop'd some CCP lingerie for her – he'd a bin good t'go.