macuser3of5

Is the trash past its prime?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is the trash past its prime?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To ensure that Superfuture is incorporated into Viacom smoothly the forum must be cleaned up. Superfuture will be to clothing what KROQ is to rock and what BET is to rap. Provocative posts and posters must be eliminated so that the board is friendly to advertisers and agrees with Viacom’s vision. Material fetishes must be emphasized (Supreme, Levi’s, Raf S) while original thought must be snubbed out and banned.

Script writers have been hired to create online dramas that will entertain the masses. Marketers will control hundreds of accounts to influence trends and shape public opinion in a manner that Edward Bernays could only have dreamed.

BUT WHY WAS WESTSIDE BANNED?

As you’re well aware, Westside looks like an A-rab. He might be black, he might be Indian, but he looks mighty Arab. The kid is a loose gun. He is charismatic and smart. He got swagger. He could potentially sway the board to whichever terrorist agenda he pleases which troubles not only Viacom but the lovely advertisers who make this site possible.

The greatest threat to capitalism is not communism, but religious zealots. The commies can be bribed and corrupted easily while the zealots cannot. Zealots are irrational: they care more about principalitiez than Lanvinz. They do not behave as Greg Mankiw would expect. Westside, an Islamic fundamentalist with connections to Al Qaeda, poses a great risk to the financial stability of Superfuture. For this reason he was eliminated.

Supertrash is next to go. Supertrash is host to scum who promote irrational thought.

I keep reading all these posters with 07 join dates (not necessarily in this thread) talking about things like "what trash was meant to be" and how "it used to be great back in the day".

We hit a small bump in the road these past couple months. A bunch of young punks got banned. Lets get back to the way it really used to be... snarky and intelligent humor. Lets get back to what it was actually meant to be and not what you may think it was meant to be based on a couple months of reading.

Honestly whatever Wayne decides probably won't really affect me. I feel like maybe without this subforum many of our posters will simply be forced to start putting more time and energy into the denim, shopper, fashion, and culture forums. However, I vote to keep supertrash simply because I feel like if people grow up and stop whining, it can still be a valuble community building part of the forums. I just don't know if that'll happen.

Targets for all hustlas, playas, and zapatistas include:

Ahlvahroe, artificialsky, branespload, chronoaug, Corbin Law, denimdestroyedmylife, diamonds, fndmybetterhalf, ihurduliekme, isoform, its swanny, jonle714, kenthenoob, onemancult, rome1, Sammy You, scoki, son2silver, soraanaam, Tyler Durden, zelah

Targets for all hustlas, playas, and zapatistas include:

Ahlvahroe, artificialsky, branespload, chronoaug, Corbin Law, denimdestroyedmylife, diamonds, fndmybetterhalf, ihurduliekme, isoform, its swanny, jonle714, kenthenoob, onemancult, rome1, Sammy You, scoki, son2silver, soraanaam, Tyler Durden, zelah

i feel so important. :cool:

slippery slope. that will cause people to purposefully trash threads outside of the garbage can or purposefully start trashy threads in say, supershopper, and really run supertalk into the ground. not a good idea at all. that would kill this entire ship in a month.

good idea: MAKE SUPERTRASH VISIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE ONLY TO REGISTERED AND LOGGED IN MEMBERS.

being that supertrash is, indeed, the 'general chatter' community-building aspect,

it needs to be preserved. and being that this community is the way that it is, shielding

it somewhat from the rest of the site, which does function as a major resource for not only members, but lurkers, would be beneficial all around.

voluntary internment camp!

My name is Sidney Lo. His name is J. Childmolester. We approve this message.

^^

that's not a bad idea

but hasn't the solution been obvious from the beginning?

we all know there's only one poster who was on here enough and respected enough to mod the trash

just tell him he can't say 'faggot' anymore - which i think he knows/knew anyway - and problem solved

say what you will about the guy, but as far as i remember his contribution to certain creepy, disturbing, offensive and/or nsfw threads was minimal compared to plenty of other people who are still around

he wasn't a nuisance, he wasn't a punk, and he wasn't stuck in puberty

he was sharp as fuck, funny as hell, and his knowledge of cluthinz, sneakz, music and pop culture - you know, the shit superfuture is actually about - was miles beyond most of the people who wanted him gone and are dancing on his grave

maybe it's too late, but i feel like this needed to be said

the one we called prince is the once and future king of the trash

wow. im sorta glad this week was finals week for me, because what i missed here looked like hell. and for the record, after seeing the fall of GM, i really have no interest in being mod any longer. so dont vote red for 08. :(

theres obviously two sides to this whole deal, both wanting different things, and i think itll be very hard to find a compromise.

i voted no only because i dont want the trash to dissapear. its a very important (though maybe not necessary) part of superfuture, and i will cry in a corner if its gone. but really, i think supertrash is way past its prime. its prime being 06.

that is all. carry on.

I keep reading all these posters with 07 join dates (not necessarily in this thread) talking about things like "what trash was meant to be" and how "it used to be great back in the day".

We hit a small bump in the road these past couple months. A bunch of young punks got banned. Lets get back to the way it really used to be... snarky and intelligent humor. Lets get back to what it was actually meant to be and not what you may think it was meant to be based on a couple months of reading.

icon14.gif

Honestly whatever Wayne decides probably won't really affect me. I feel like maybe without this subforum many of our posters will simply be forced to start putting more time and energy into the denim, shopper, fashion, and culture forums. However, I vote to keep supertrash simply because I feel like if people grow up and stop whining, it can still be a valuble community building part of the forums. I just don't know if that'll happen.

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

omc's idea may work, i would definetly would like to see this at work.

these recurring threads about supertrash state annoy me way more than any poster of sufu or the content of his threads ever did, please stop it for once. i don't even care who the hell gets banned or unbanned anymore, just stop with all this non-sense

i do have a problem with people saying to shut down the trash. if you don't like it, don't come here. i don't like styleforum, honestforum, etc etc, but i don't ask for them to be shut down, i just don't go there and the issue is solved.

slippery slope. that will cause people to purposefully trash threads outside of the garbage can or purposefully start trashy threads in say, supershopper, and really run supertalk into the ground. not a good idea at all. that would kill this entire ship in a month.

good idea: MAKE SUPERTRASH VISIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE ONLY TO REGISTERED AND LOGGED IN MEMBERS.

being that supertrash is, indeed, the 'general chatter' community-building aspect,

it needs to be preserved. and being that this community is the way that it is, shielding

it somewhat from the rest of the site, which does function as a major resource for not only members, but lurkers, would be beneficial all around.

voluntary internment camp!

i agree with this. that way you won't attract lurker-flies with the trash.

i would go one step further and make supertrash into a SNUG--you have to earn the right to join by having two out of three of the following: 1) being a sufu member for at least three months; or 2) having green rep; or 3) having a post count of at least 100. this way you have to show you can make some useful contribution to the other fora before you are allowed in the trash.

^^cut out the riffraff only interested in the trash.

i also support analog's view of having a mod who is not part of the trash culture who won't think twice about bringing out the banstick. i vote wayne.

edit: that probably won't happen though, so the next best thing would be something jmatsu once said, have a shared joint account by all mods. call it 'administrator' or something very impersonal. no avatar, no funny name, no wannabe funny posts that undermine authority. anytime any mod sees something they don't like in the trash, they can use the joint mod account to deal with it. that way the trash mod won't be anonymous exactly, but also no one person will be targeted for the inevitable immature backlash. firing squads operate on a similar principle.

i agree with this.

i would go one step further and make supertrash into a SNUG--you have to earn the right to join by having two out of three of the following: 1) being a sufu member for at least three months; or 2) having green rep; or 3) having a post count of at least 100. this way you have to show you can make some useful contribution to the other fora before you are allowed in the trash.

^^cut out the riffraff only interested in the trash.

I support this plan.

edit: why, soraanaam, did I get a neg rep for the OP? :confused:

I know I haven't been here as long as y'all, but quick comment about those 3 requirements datasupa made:

I agree, but I don't think it should be "or" for all of them, it should be 2 out of three (or more):

Three Months + Green Rep

Three Months + 100 posts

Green Rep + 100 Posts

In a perfect world, I'd like to have the green rep be a requirement to enter the trash, because it's a good way to keep out annoying people, but circle jerks make that point moot. And while it adds a bit more to get in, I think it's what the trash needs. Or at least something along those lines.

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

straight up 'elephant walking' on these cats.

i just had a flash of insight

the trash should be moderated by 13 supertalkers that cover all timezones

the 13 supertalkers will be anonymous, ruthless and sexy

no stated rules but offending users can be immediately terminated without explanation

using infractions to modify behavior is like using a cattle prod to defend your plantation from an invasion of killer ants