143 members have voted

1. 1. Is the trash past its prime?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omc, diamonds, corbin, you should be ashamed of yourselves

trash has so much potential

i mean, where else is ordo going to post his brilliant photoshops? where else can we make fun of fuk.co.uk? where else could we document and discuss our member's best/worst WAYWT

think about how far we've come! and how far we've yet to go!

sure, the journey through the desert will be tough without our moses, without our former key players, but we move on, we'll get there, our land of milk and honey

here we fucking come

Every forum needs a "general topic" subforum to function. Sure fashion/denim/lanviz are interesting in their own right, but where else would we go to just fool around?

I know there are other forums for that, but forums create a community, and even though I'm not so deeply ingrained into this one, I still value it. Other users can only really know other users through Supertrash; without it, all we'd know of everyone else would be fashion/denim/"culture". And that's not *fun*.

So yeah. Supertrash should stay.

keep supertrash

but no new threads, they must originate in one of the other subfora and then moved into the trash

(maybe then lock the trash threads once they stop being interesting)

two cents

but that sorta defeats the purpose. someone would actually have to make a trash thread and clog up another section to do so.

thats my 2 bits on ddml's idea.

it just seems a bit arbitrary.

i vote to keep trash because superblurber is generally ignored. if trash goes, that section just becomes another trash.

If they originated in other forums, wouldn't that just increase the clutter in them? And then if someone locks a thread, couldn't someone throw a bitch fit and say they were still "interested in it"? The second thing could be fine, just change the wording to "threads inactive over [set amount of time] will be deleted"

slippery slope. that will cause people to purposefully trash threads outside of the garbage can or purposefully start trashy threads in say, supershopper, and really run supertalk into the ground. not a good idea at all. that would kill this entire ship in a month.

good idea: MAKE SUPERTRASH VISIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE ONLY TO REGISTERED AND LOGGED IN MEMBERS.

being that supertrash is, indeed, the 'general chatter' community-building aspect,

it needs to be preserved. and being that this community is the way that it is, shielding

it somewhat from the rest of the site, which does function as a major resource for not only members, but lurkers, would be beneficial all around.

voluntary internment camp!

i didnt do shit, yo. im too busy chasing tail and sample sales.

i think supertrash is still:

boy%20thumbs%20up.jpg

just some growing pains. we'll be alright. do not axe the trash.

words of wisdom from one of the true supertrash OGs. i will take OMC's or beg's trash over uninspired pranksterism and middle school shock tactics until i die motherfuckers.

If they originated in other forums, wouldn't that just increase the clutter in them? And then if someone locks a thread, couldn't someone throw a bitch fit and say they were still "interested in it"? The second thing could be fine, just change the wording to "threads inactive over [set amount of time] will be deleted"

Superfuture circa 2005 / early 2006.

I would be okay with the "no new threads" in trash rule as long as we retain the few that have reduced clutter elsewhere, i.e. "What Are You Wearing Today Chat Edition / Shit Talking" which could be merged IMO.

garbage man quit. the ball is back in the trashcourt. you all decide. it's your community. i just pay for the luxury of it all. mellowbonsai i think you have what it takes.

supertrash would be great if we had a decent moderator

i have a wonderful idea.

we should sell the site to prada group and let them sell it to theory and then let authenticforum run superfuture. all our problems will be solved, and we'll all get

free true religion jeans out of the deal.

losangelestimes_denim2.jpg

TR CEO JEFF