Great service thread

Hello sirs. I thought that we should commend those brands and stores that provide exceptional service. We should not let these heroes go unsung!

Allow me to relate the great service I received from the Engineered Garments crew. I had a tack button fall off a F/W Fatigue Shirt Jacket and my attempt to reattach it resulted in Epic Fail. I contacted E.G. and they repaired it, paying shipping both ways (overnight UPS), and throwing a little tote and a Spring/Summer 2008 lookbook into the mix for my troubles. Angelo clarified that if they were after perfection in construction, they could have chosen to manufacture in Italy or Japan. But they chose USA for the I-forget-what, I humbly report. Another feather in the Engineered Garments hat.

GO!

Post pixxx of the tote, please.

BTW, the nepenthes house-label stuff fits a lot different from EG.

I tried on a few shirts by them but sleeves are super-short, or have super-narrow shoulders.

I want the grey suit from the F/W season. It looks awesome.

Dis b da jawn:

egfw0712.gif

oh sry I fixed it before reading through :o

hmm great service.. The Library in London is pretty exceptional for sure. Tony, the guy I've dealt with there is extremely friendly, he actually made good suggestions instead of just flogging random stuff at me, helped me with some choices, and also offered to let me know about updates when giving me his card. I'm sure buying something helps but this was probably the best service I've gotten at a store. Liberty also has some nice people, I spent quite a while chatting to one of the guys there and am still waiting for him to sign up here ;)

The stores with the best service I've seen are Costume National, I've been to the NY and Milan locations, and each has the most helpful and knowledgable salespeople ever, it's lovely to go there. And the Dior Homme store in Beverly Hills, of course. I don't like their NY store as much, because, at least when I go there, the salespeople seem indifferent to my interest and very dismissive, they like to talk to each other behind the counter. And then there's the usual suspects like Jeffrey and Bergdorf's.

Those four have to be the best stores, in terms of service, I've been to.

- Ben

Can we talk about bad service here?

I've still got a bone to pick with Skull over a pair of jeans that exploded after about 9 months. I emailed them several times over the course of the last couple months with an amiably, nonaccusatory query about getting them repaired. Based on the raves in the Skull thread I thought I'd hear back from our boy, but alas, nothing.

I guess my question is: what should a brand be held accountable for?

I expect a brand to be, at least, responsive to their clients. I know I will never purchase a Skull product again – not because of the denim explosion, but because of their poor service.

NYC:

Blue in Green - Can't say enough about Gordon and co.'s dedication to outstanding service. They really take the time to walk you through all of the ins and outs of denim (no matter what level of denimhead you are) and go above and beyond as far as customer satisfaction is concerned. Read through the some of the threads in Superdenim for other testimonials...

Paris:

Goyard - I'm sure everyone's experience here will vary, but when I came in I was very impressed with the service. It was everything I expected out of shopping for luxury goods in Paris. The SA's were extremely knowledgable about the product and recognized its value and appeal. They were also very patient with some CC problems I was having. They definitely earned my loyalty.

Obenauf's Leather Care http://www.obenaufs.com/

I had ordered their LP. & after waiting 2 weeks or so with no show I emailed them asking what happened. They replied saying the shippment went out & were puzzled to why I had not recieved it. They gladly shipped me another order which arrived in two days.

Jake

In Chicago. Both in store service and online. Emily Lytle will do whatever it takes to make sure you get everything sized right and every discount you have coming to you.

Peasant

Karrisa is top notch and offers very personal service. I doubt I am her best customer but she always remembers me and always responds promptly to ever order and inquiry I have about anything (shipping, item availability, etc.)

I keep going back to both these shops for their selection of great items (Rag & Bone, Nom de Guerre, Wings + Horns, etc.)

This one is easy. Park in Vienna. While all of the other high-tier stores in the city (Chegini, Feb,Song,...) are really fond of themselves because they're oh so high fashion, the people that work at Park are some of the nicest and most laid back I've ever met. I haven't had to return anything, but they were willing to hold a piece for me that they could have sold 10 times in the week I wasn't able to pick it up.

Can we talk about bad service here?

I've still got a bone to pick with Skull over a pair of jeans that exploded after about 9 months. I emailed them several times over the course of the last couple months with an amiably, nonaccusatory query about getting them repaired. Based on the raves in the Skull thread I thought I'd hear back from our boy, but alas, nothing.

I guess my question is: what should a brand be held accountable for?

I expect a brand to be, at least, responsive to their clients. I know I will never purchase a Skull product again – not because of the denim explosion, but because of their poor service.

i know it's de rigeur to gripe about supreme & i don't have any issues with their in-store service but their mail order takes the cake:

1) their system will arbitrarily change your order between checkout and payment processing (color / size)

2) no returns / exchange

3) it is the customer's responsibility to seek insurance reimbursement for lost packages

4) they don't respond to e-mail asking for assistance with same

5) the only carrier they use pays insurance out to the shipper, not to the receiver

i find jeffrey's service a little pushy, i much prefer the euro style of making yourself available in a reserved way then actually helping you when you need help.

Posted · Hidden by Huerequeque, May 4, 2012 - sdf
Hidden by Huerequeque, May 4, 2012 - sdf

blackbird. fedex lost a pair of JR black bullets i ordered from them. They sent me another and they lost them again, sent them back to blackbird, then blackbird sent them UPS, all the while keeping EXCELLENT communication with me.

Bill at The Stronghold!

So patient with all my messages back & forth! Finally got on the phone with him and ordered the hickories, now finalizing my Whites. Great stuff, great guy!

Another vote for Gordon and blueingreen. Exceptional products & customer service.

I should have mentioned Bill and Gordon also. They both are excellent at what they do.