Fully Flared

corned beef

intro was amazing. mike mo capaldi's part was amazing. marc johnson was amazing. everything about this vid killed. the music was good also, m83 was such a good song for the intro.

also, i don't know if it's true, but i don't think mike carroll has had a part in about 13 years. his part was a hell of a way to make a comeback..

Both Rick Howard and Guy Mariano haven't really had a full part since Mouse, which was about 11 years ago.

you know you've made it when you have a steady-stream of pro shoes without actually having to skate. thats amazing..

Finally got it. SOOOO FUCKING GOOD. Probably the best video ever. It has become part of my daily routine to watch it.

Just a few thoughts:

-Ty Evans is a fucking genius.

-Gives a new meaning to "blown up" spots.

-Alex Olson/Mike Mo are super Ams.

-The music was fucking amazing. Highlights include Triple Six Klubhouse, King Diamond, Goodbye Horses, Bad Brains and Mike Mo skating to Arcade Fire.

-Multi song parts will become the new standard in skate videos.

-Everybody is gonna start doing grind to grind/grind to slide combos.

-Flip in flip out of EVERYTHING.

-Biebel on ROIDS

-Carroll,Howard and Guy are FAR from done. When you can still be doing groundbreaking shit on a skateboard at their ages you know you've got something good.

-Scott Johnston let me down.

-MJ will show you why he is SOTY.

-The French Connection and Royal Family are gonna deserve to be called by their names instead of a conglomerate.

See for yourself...

watching it n google video now, which makes me feel kinda lame, but it's sold out almost everywhere so whatever. intro was awesome but a little overdone. at first it looked like they did it with real explosives and shit but the last few looked very digitized. combination of the two? also my boy nate just used no cars go in a local providence video he put out called thus far. came out like a month before fully flared. weird. anyway, looking forward to more epic shit

vid is good but doesnt do for me what say...etnies hi five or say mosaic did for me back in the day. Granted I havent skated in 5 years and was never better than average (though did learn switch backsides tails and switch 360flips last year on a one day re-learn how to skate session), but this doesn't blow my mind at all. Ty evans' aesthetic just doesnt do it for me...the intro was so overdone...

I can't wait to see Inhabitants - alien/habitat has never let me down with videos though unfortunately heard there will be less art on the next vid but whatever...

All that said, Marc Johnson's part was ridiculous - rewatched his Maple part the other day and its amazing too as well as his Hi five and pretty much every part hes ever had...so good. BTW - thought Ted De Gros was on Lakai? didn't notice a part from him though...would have been nice.

intro was awesome but a little overdone. at first it looked like they did it with real explosives and shit but the last few looked very digitized. combination of the two?t

intro is definitely 100% all real (although the concrete-looking stuff is more like plaster, not concrete), there are some interviews w/mike mo and carroll that talk about that. the slow mo is def. overdone in some parts but overall it's an amazing video, i love it.

as for Inhabitants, it's also a great video, Stefan's part is SO good, if you haven't seen that yet you're missing out.

I NEED TO SEE INHABITANTS GRR STOP RUBBING IT IN!

anyway watching mj's third part more than once is kind of painful alllllllllllll slow mo, ugh, but yeah, amazing. i think jensen and brady are destined to have the most underrated part in the video. guy might have my favorite part. koston was slightly disappointing, idk why, it was good part. mikemo suprised me, never used to like him that much. i won't go on, you've all seen it. also i am pissed that google fucked up the downloadable version. i was going to download it for my ipod but the fucked up their sampling rates or something and the video and sound dont match up and progressively get worse throughout the video. blah! i want to skate now but everything is covered in snow