Free JMATSU!!

Analog

Free JMATSU!!  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Free JMATSU!!

definitely interested in this. i used to be enamored with superfuture (lurked for around a year before i got the guts to even sign up), and actually looked up to people like milspex no homo. in any case, i'm so sick of all these advertisements and even the things people call progressive like store tie-in's etc., but i think examples like cheep's thread about r** d** clothing shows the general consensus of superfuture to be revolted by the amount of profiteering and basically using the devoted members of this board who don't get any fiscal benefit out of posting here like cows to pump cash out of constantly by giving us incentives to buy etc.. and i think that since most of the people here are in agreeance that the moderation is cruddy now (no offense to the moderators, i like (most) of you), and that the best content here is generated by autonomous members and not by administrators or marketing executives, it may be time to pitch a tent somewhere else. the only reason i'm staying here is because of the members, a lot of whom i've grown accustomed to, even fond of some.

This is horrible - both matsu and westside were incredible and never once mallicious or inappropriate.

vbulletin sucks anyway! how much would it cost to just get another sufu clone up and running ? I've always been skeptical about the closed nature of all the wonderful articles on superdenim - who retains rights to that if the moderators decided to lock them up?

We could license all the content CC (http://creativecommons.org/) and have a self moderated site. I've yet to see any major infarctions that would warrant legal action on this site and people in general seem to be sensitive about what belongs here.

I usually donate to the FSF every year - I'll just make an exception if this is something workable and fund such an initiative.

unban them or explain. threads disappearing mysteriously, unwritten moderator guidelines and these garish ads make it less comfortable than it ought to be.

omc breakdown

123. how can you get sick of 1 banner ad at the top of a page and a few easily ignored sticky threads?

445. the major problem is autonomous members trying to capitalize on superfuture without superfuture's consent, and then making superfuture look bad.

a. ie. cheep's thread for that shitty tee shirt label. totally unauthorized.

1523. these people who try to make money off supertalkers are usually dealt with swiftly. both by superfuture, and by members who ridicule the hell out of them.

abcd. in other words, it takes a village. stay involved. keep assholes in check.

protect the homeland.

556456. very little cash gets pumped out of you cows. 95% goes back to keeping the ranch running. people need to understand this, i cant believe

so many still dont.

129a. there is no content here that is generated by 'administrators' besides a silly little banner ad up top and some stickied threads [its easy to not click on them!] and superofficial [i totally forgot to click there too!]

130b. everyone go to sleep early for once. the universe will be just fine.

134000. love and peace.

ey bruv, not talking about the visuals, though it could be argued that btw. the banner ads and the ones sandwiched between posts there's like 300% more than there were a year ago, but on another level, i'm just talking about this odd facist mentality that's been going on lately, like as soon as a corporation like UN**LO is brought into the picture i'm not allowed to say HOMO or anything like that (well, i don't even usually talk that way but first amendment bitchhhhhh). also in terms of threats jmatsu isn't allowed to "offer a bounty" on keagan? like anyone viewing a fashion forum is going to view that, kind the poor kid, break his fingers, and actually try to collect? anyway the main point of my argument is, while i was very happy with the way this forum has turned out up until a few months ago, i think that the past development has had very little to do with the moderation or administration, though i could be completely naiive, but i'm fairly certain people administrate forums without the use of multinational corporate offices. and if those are for the othrr parts of SF that aren't the forum, then maybe what i'm saying is it's time for a single-user-operated free collective forum, because while the enticing offer of winning a pair of uni**o jeans just makes me salivate :rolleyes:, i'd rather be able to say what i like instead.

ALSO I'M REALLY SICK OF NOT BEING ABLE TO DISCUSS POLITICS AMIRITE?

omc breakdown

definitely interested in this. i used to be enamored with superfuture (lurked for around a year before i got the guts to even sign up), and actually looked up to people like milspex no homo. in any case, i'm so sick of all these advertisements and even the things people call progressive like store tie-in's etc., but i think examples like cheep's thread about r** d** clothing shows the general consensus of superfuture to be revolted by the amount of profiteering and basically using the devoted members of this board who don't get any fiscal benefit out of posting here like cows to pump cash out of constantly by giving us incentives to buy etc.. and i think that since most of the people here are in agreeance that the moderation is cruddy now (no offense to the moderators, i like (most) of you), and that the best content here is generated by autonomous members and not by administrators or marketing executives, it may be time to pitch a tent somewhere else. the only reason i'm staying here is because of the members, a lot of whom i've grown accustomed to, even fond of some.

I have little to no time to develop/maintain such a project currently. I'll be happy to fund any such project though - I ask only that it remain in the public domain and not under anyone's control. I don't think this is the appropriate medium to discuss such a venture though and didn't mean to sneak my personal agenda into this thread. I'd just be a lot more comforable if there were an unbiased medium for people to critique/poll opinions/reviews.

sorry omc, never meant to stir stuff up

how can you get sick of 1 banner ad at the top of a page and a few easily ignored sticky threads?

The flash banners I can deal with but the sneaky ads sicken me.

.....autonomous members trying to capitalize on superfuture without superfuture's consent...

who gets to decide who the offending members are. why does it have to be an organization and not just the collective votes of the members themselves. who owns the content on this site - if 'superfuture' were to just shutdown one day/ get bought, do the articles die a silent death or will they be 'tampered' with to reflect more appropriately the new agenda.

very little cash gets pumped out of you cows. 95% goes back to keeping the ranch running.

I don't question this at all - bandwidth is expensive. Why don't you just open source the site, remove store affiliations and allow us to contribute/fund it's existence.

unfortunately i don't give nearly enough of a shit about any of this to program and maintain a site for it, as if i could in the first place :-\ though with all the people begging to be mods you'd think one of them would leap at the chance to be grand poobah of their own e-kingdom

agreed. henceforth, snitches will get the slug

dun snitched:

Carelli, champagne_bubblebath, Charged, colin, ghostdeini, ILLuminate, locofoblo, rewd, ron2331, _ironman

I voted no to be contrary, but even I have to agree the moderation of this board is getting ridiculous and bias.

I can't say fag, queer, or frisco dike, but anyone can easily get away with saying nigger or cracker, sometimes chink, jap, or nip though I've never tried.

though I dont particularly LIKE jmatsu (or anyone for that matter) the reason he got banned in the first place was prety silly and irresponsible

I voted no to be contrary, but even I have to agree the moderation of this board is getting ridiculous and bias.

I can't say fag, queer, or frisco dike, but anyone can easily get away with saying nigger or cracker, sometimes chink, jap, or nip though I've never tried.

though I dont particularly LIKE jmatsu (or anyone for that matter) the reason he got banned in the first place was prety silly and irresponsible

i never liked you much either. you probably had a longer history of speaking english than i, yet you cannot even spell "dyke." anyway, i'm glad we agree about the moderation, yet it still annoys me that people still frequent the vans thread.

• 8 months later...