Raw denim in the snow, slush, salt

snickersnicker

It's begun to snow in Michigan, and I had my first experience this year with snow over an inch in depth a couple nights ago. As such, I'm wondering whether or not I should be wearing raw denim despite all the snow, slush and salt. I don't want to ruin the bottoms of all my jeans, so should I wear old, worn jeans for most of the winter, or what?

hmmm just wear the pants who cares.

Me, quite obviously, or else I would not have made this thread.

it's your shoes you should be worried about

I've got a pair of thirty year old Roo boots that I wear in the winter when it's too slushy for a pair of Cons. I'm not worried about ruining shoes; that's what they're for.

Michigan crew woot!

Loved all the snow a couple of nights ago, but the rain we got yesterday and last night raped us, if only it had been like 10 degrees cooler. Anyways, I personally am just wearing mine and saying whatever, but mine have been hemmed so they don't drag a ton. I guess I wouldn't purposely thrash around in them like they're snow pants, but I see no harm in wearing them on a day to day basis.

You definitely want to avoid salt. Dirty slush is also best avoided unless you want to wash your jeans. Just wear you clothes, don't stand near puddles on the street and don't let your pants drag.

We just got 40cm here in Montreal, And I've been playing in it since it fell.

Quick question, I read that sunlight damages indigo? Should I wear my jeans outside, or only in my front room, while sitting motionless, staring at my whiskers lovingly?

Absolutely not man, you mention whiskers, those form from moving around in your jeans... but moving around equals friction, and friction damages jeans!

Quick question, I read that sunlight damages indigo? Should I wear my jeans outside, or only in my front room, while sitting motionless, staring at my whiskers lovingly?

of course sunlight hurts indigo. Long exposure to sunlight will result in cancer even for jeans. Once cancer starts, it never stops. All your stitches will unravel one by one. Chain reaction. Before u know it, u'll be on rakuten looking for a new pair. So indoors only. You have been forewarned.

i will be going into space soon. will the change it gravity effect my denimz? let me know asap so i can let nasa know if i will accept mission.

You won't be allowed to bring up anything heavier than standard 12 ounce denim up there, but think of the wear marks from the space suit.

And I wouldn't believe beatle's answer. Clean, organised, German snow is nothing like Michigan 1inch thick snow. That's almost as much as we got in western Sydney this year. Some locals were almost buried alive.

Michigan what what!

The point of wearing jeans is that they can take abuse (And will look awesomer afterwards). I'll be wearing boots and high cuffs all winter. As long as I'm not leaping into muddy slush piles, there's nothing to worry about.

Jeans are work wear, not dress pants. Our rugged winter will be good for them.

Yeah, what everyone else said. I once specifically walked through salty slushy mess to see what would happen to my jeans. It left a salt stain, but that came right out when i ended up washing them. If your jeans get stained by salt you can just soak the hems to dissolve the salt. Or even just wipe them down with a damp cloth or something. You won't lose much indigo.

Guest jeffvyain

michigan snow ain't 1 inch where i was. that shit sucked. lake michigan's a big ol' bitch. and it didn't stop til like one day in april when it's all of a sudden 50 degrees and people are outside suntanning. screw that place.