Nudie Jeans outdated?

rasmusDoh

I think Nudie is great for a certain group of people, not necessarily the type of people on here, but they are good at doing what they want to do so I'm all for Nudie even though I might get neg repped for it.

a long time ago ring ring and serge denimes were really the only guys fuckin with repros. rst of us were fuckin with LVC, apc, and new shit called nudies (myself back then) i dont know if it's on top of people's lists here anymore but i rock nudies still

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the one thing they have going for them is that original reg ralf silhouette. at the time they came out, i don't think anyone was making the longer dropped pockets with a straight yoke that produced that characteristic very 'nudie' antifit look - or at least they were the first to be widely recognized for it.

i actually started out with apc's in 2003 bc i couldn't afford nudies, and had seen the japanese brands. however like someone said no one had them and i couldnt read japanese AND the japanese brands i had seen were of baggier antifit repros that wouldn't have been flattering on me.

the first time i think i said i wasn't going to buy nudies was when PBJ's exploded on here. man everyone was going nutso over them and they were a great slim fit.

it seems that if you have a brand, and you want long term business, dont let it blow up here. i trips me out how superfuturians beast on some shit one minute, and then diss it, simply because they saw someone else wearing it. way back in the day, levis was THE brand, thats it. now every hipster cant stand not to be the only one with some shit. unless you live multiple lives in la, nyc, tokyo, sydney, and a few other places simultaneously(and have guap to match your style), you cannot be the ultimate hipster...stop trying

it seems that if you have a brand, and you want long term business, dont let it blow up here.

I'd have to say that this may be off base. Nudie is still a growing brand, and I really don't think that many people care what anyone on here has to say beyond the other .00002% of the population that posts on here as well.

it seems that if you have a brand, and you want long term business, dont let it blow up here. i trips me out how superfuturians beast on some shit one minute, and then diss it, simply because they saw someone else wearing it. way back in the day, levis was THE brand, thats it. now every hipster cant stand not to be the only one with some shit. unless you live multiple lives in la, nyc, tokyo, sydney, and a few other places simultaneously(and have guap to match your style), you cannot be the ultimate hipster...stop trying

it's not only superfuture that this shit happens, mr ignoramus.

the niche that we have here at superfuture is varied, and yes, there are quite a few of us that can't stand someone else wearing our shit. myself included.

and this shit isn't only to do with clothes. it happens everywhere else.

an analogy would be that, when australia finally gets the iphone sometime next year, all those kids who bought their iphones prior to this period would feel the same as we feel about nudies now once everyone starts using the iphone.

but why are you hella creeping on all of us, because we liked something before, but not so much now?

who are you to give us shit because some of us don't like nudies anymore?

ps. i never really had a pair of nudies, or hyped about them. jus' sayin.

You're a longwinded halfwit and I hate you. That is all.

salaami is basically always on the rag and whines about how he hates pretty much everyone on this site, or something else that makes no sense. or i should say probably doesn't make sense, since i can't be arsed to read any of his holier-than-thou rants all the way through.

I liked nudies and still sorta do but not the ones they sell in general pants co cos all the little dickheads wear them now. Ask them about honeycombs and they would think you're talking about something a bee sits its arse on for 12hours a day.

Still respect the jeans, but not the people who don't respect the brand or its origins. That's here in brissy though, things may be different everywhere else.

salaami is basically always on the rag and whines about how he hates pretty much everyone on this site, or something else that makes no sense. or i should say probably doesn't make sense, since i can't be arsed to read any of his holier-than-thou rants all the way through.

I completly agree with you on this, I always start to read them but give up halfway through.

first of all... If you have to ask others if something is outdated or "cool" before you buy it, you probably have no business buying the item in the first place.

Now on to nudie in particular, no they are not outdated, they are actually growing as a company. As for everyone on here they have just realized that nudie is the base of the period and if you want "good" dry denim there are a lot of companies that make much better jeans for pretty comparable prices (especially compared to a RRDS for example)

i like nudies cuts. my first pair of dry denim was nudie bootcut ola's. ive worn them almost everyday for 11 months... washed once at 5 months due to some fiberglass insulation and i just pulled them out of the wash again after another 6 months. they dont show hardly any wear except on the booty and the back pocket that has huge holes from my wallet. the honeycombs are very faint and the whiskers are very faint as well. i didnt treat them nicely either.

now ive moved on to bigger and better things :)

Nudies are somewhat of a gateway brand for people. They're marked very well and introduce many to the world of dry denim. While some only wear it because it's the "cool" thing to do. Others (like myself) eventually move on to other more obscure brands, something that would probably never had happend without wearing nudies first.

1. Nudie is inferior in quality to Japanese brand...a given.

2. SuFu is anti-Nudie. Get over it.

3. Nudie full-retail prices are quite ridiculous for the quality of denim. However, Nudies can be worth the money when you Ebay them or buy them Regular Ralfs for $120 brand new.

4. This thread is useless.

SUFU is not the the be all and end all when it comes to denim -- there are a few folks on here who know what the fuck they are talking about, but for the most part, this forum consists of a bunch of people who will always focus on the negative as opposed to what is good. This forum is an interesting study of people.

Ala DD and the like.

some people here seem to have overly strong opinions on this

anyway im not sure where i first saw this on sufu (major props to whoever came up with it), but i agree that nudies are simular to marijewana

alot of people think that it is a gateway drug (and therefore inferior??). while this in itself is pretty debatable, it is also highly questionable as to wether moving on to more hardcore stuff really is better : )

nudies are shit quality for their price these days. people love them as they have the obnoxious stitching on the back that screams out what brand they are/how much you've spent on them.

having said that i still want a pair of fucking thin finn dry blacks.

What is your Problem?

I have 2 pairs of Nudies that I had not worn any serious amount for over a year at least. Then, I gained weight and they are all that fit me. Eternals and Sams have been shelved because I am stuck in the library.

start jogging.

or, if you gained muscle, use a wheelchair.