Nudie Jeans outdated?

rasmusDoh

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nudie has three main problems these days, which in combination have basically ruined them. They're getting dropped from stores left and right, and here is why:

1. Refusal to drop the garish contrast stitching and their TERRIBLE back back pocket arc design.

2. Ridiculously bad quality-to-price ratio.

3. Selling their line to every account who hit them up.

This is weird question to ask in superdenim. It might work in supershopper. People here seem to be more concerned with quality than current style. Eg the jeans I wear the most are the Sam S5000VX, and going by current trends they are the worst fitting jeans I own.

I like nudie because they have a nice range of cuts, use decent denim, and are easily available. Their arcuates have really grown on me. I really like them. There are a couple of reasons I don't like though. I don't like the long narrow back pockets, I don't like the patch and it's colour. I don't like the thread colour compared to the slightly odd denim colour. Out of all the jeans available in Sydney, after Imperial and APC I would probably buy them despite the bits I don't like.

i love my avg. joes... i think they're the 17 oz.

Love the sheen, love the back stitching, very soft, good for going out at night =)

If you're talking about the AJ Heavy Dry, they're 14 oz ;)

I like Nudies mainly because of their cuts, they have quite a selection and I like how they fit. Also they're available in a lot of places, so I can try them on before buying them online.

I really like my nudies, they fit me good. Price is a little silly, but I didn't pay full for them so doesn't hurt me much. I personally like the backpockets too, the bigger size is nice, stitching can look pretty good too.

my dad wants a pair though. that probably means yes to outdatedness.

Nudie has three main problems these days, which in combination have basically ruined them. They're getting dropped from stores left and right, and here is why:

1. Refusal to drop the garish contrast stitching and their TERRIBLE back back pocket arc design.

2. Ridiculously bad quality-to-price ratio.

3. Selling their line to every account who hit them up.

i have to agree with artificialsky. they are super super common in sydney right now. you can find nudies everywhere. i think there's at least 20 places to pick up nudies in sydney.

but they have put out some interesting washes/treatments and tried to revive things with new cuts so they're not completely outdated.

sufu has mostly moved on but imo, they still make good, if overpriced jeans.

Overpriced is also a relative accusation. Compared to high quality Japanese stuff for 200-300, Nudie is definitely overpriced. Compared to Diesel, Seven, True Religion and a boatload of the hideous "premium" "denim" that almost everybody and their sister are wearing, Nudies are a fucking fantastic deal.

Hmm seems the main opinion is that they are a bit outdated - in USA at least.. Im from Denmark though, but i feel that they are about the same amount of outdated here too..

The thing is that i have these April 77 Joey Overdrives that i have been wearing for quite some time, and now im looking for another pair of nice jeans to wear..

I thought Nudie's Thin Finn might have been an option, but maybe i was wrong..

I know April 77 might be becoming mainstream too now, but they weren't when i bought mine.. What choices do i have, if i want something non-mainstream, that are a bit April 77 Joey like, as in tight with some stretch to make them comfy?

i think nudie still make great jeans

i like the fit of the thin finns and the black coated ones are nice

i would still wear them if they are becoming mainstream, and the same pair of jeans look different on every wearer, and its more about how u pull off a fit rather than what u wear

Hmm seems the main opinion is that they are a bit outdated - in USA at least.. Im from Denmark though, but i feel that they are about the same amount of outdated here too..

I know April 77 might be becoming mainstream too now, but they weren't when i bought mine.. What choices do i have, if i want something non-mainstream, that are a bit April 77 Joey like, as in tight with some stretch to make them comfy?

My own personal opinion on all this is, why care if some people on the internet, or anyone in general for that matter cares if your jeans are "outdated" or "mainstream"? If you like the fit, look, and quality isn't that all that really matters? Most people on the street wouldn't even be able to recognize what you're wearing anyways, save for a select few...I wouldn't mind too much about all that, as long as your comfortable because at the end of the day, they're just a pair of jeans! :cool:

i have to agree with artificialsky. they are super super common in sydney right now. you can find nudies everywhere. i think there's at least 20 places to pick up nudies in sydney.

but they have put out some interesting washes/treatments and tried to revive things with new cuts so they're not completely outdated.

sufu has mostly moved on but imo, they still make good, if overpriced jeans.

i agree about point #2, but about point 1: how many back pocket arc designs can we invent. even some of our favorite jap brands have wack arcs( the onis with selvege arcs)

about point #3, everybody's trying to get that guap, so if i had a jeans line, as broke as i

am, and george bush wanted 100 pair, id bust my ass to stitch em.

i bought 2 pair, and gave the greycasts to my pops. he loves them, even though he washes them like every week. my ssds are one of only 2 pairs that i have. i played tackle football in them for a weekend, threw 5 TDs in them, so these are my tom bradys. the stitching on the back of the yoke was fucked up upon purchase, so after having them repaired, ive gotten some of my 225usd out of them so far. i just mix them in with my samurai's. i dont knock em...

unlike alot of ppl on this board, i don't hate nudies because they are going "mainstream."

that being said...

like everyone has said, their dry/dry grey/dry japan jeans definitely aren't the quality you would expect for the price. there are much better alternatives (which can be found all over this forum).

but i think that what nudie still has going for it is its wide array of innovative cuts and its coated thin finns and slim jims. as of right now, there arent many coated jeans at this pricepoint.

then maybe my samurais are 17 oz??
Seriously? You dont know anything about the jeans you bought?
unlike alot of ppl on this board, i don't hate nudies because they are going "mainstream."

that being said...

like everyone has said, their dry/dry grey/dry japan jeans definitely aren't the quality you would expect for the price. there are much better alternatives (which can be found all over this forum).

but i think that what nudie still has going for it is its wide array of innovative cuts and its coated thin finns and slim jims. as of right now, there arent many coated jeans at this pricepoint.

This. Has already been said.

I don't think Nudie's back pocket stiching is all that bad. I actually kind of like it. I do think their back pockets are to big though and the contrast stiching is kind of tacky but Nudie is doing something different than all the Japanese sufu approved companies, so you have to give them credit for that.

I think Nudie is great for a certain group of people, not necessarily the type of people on here, but they are good at doing what they want to do so I'm all for Nudie even though I might get neg repped for it.

I think they're selvage models are alright. The only issue that I had is that after feeling the selvage and other brands like ALD, everything else that they have feels really crappy. With the pockets, the only issue that I have is that I prefer the wider placement (cowboy placement) of the repro models to theirs being either directly on the ass or down on the back of the legs.

nudies are not outdated, they are very popular but they are still going strong. i just don't like them for the flashy back pocket and neon orange stitching. and the names for the fits sound stupid to me, nudies sure like names that can ryhme.