BlueinGreen no longer chainstitch

drgitlin

When I was in NYC over the summer I took the opportunity to get my Sammies hemmed at BiG, and a fine job they did too. My wife happened to be there for work this week, and she took my Iron Hearts and SC1947s with her to get them done, and apparently they won't hem anything not bought from them now! They even recognised her from when we were there in July, but no dice. :(

Anyway, just thought people might like to know, and possibly save themselves a trip.

I guess I need to find a reason to go to San Fran...

I think it's cause Gordons hand is still injured from all that chainstitching he had to do for the contest jeans? After it heals I'm sure he'll start chainstitching again

edit: oh, they said they wont chainstitch 'cause it's not bought from em? hm, wouldn't know about that..

Well, if his hand is messed up that's understandable, and I'm not slagging them off, and they are a cool shop.

Damn that sucks... you would think since he recognized your wife and could tell you guys were previous customers he would do it, even though maybe those pairs of jeans weren't from there.

Well, when I was there in July I only ended up buying an SDA tee and getting my jeans hemmed, so I'm not pretending I'm their best customer. I am surprised he recognized my better half from July though!

Hope your hand gets better soon, Gordon!

damn...I may have inadvertently been the cause on this one...I had them redo a chainstitch on a pair of 21 oz. SDA's and a new hem on DH MIJ washed denim about two weeks ago...but I did also order a pair of jeans from the store at the same time.

Glad I got off my ass and got them hemmed before they decided to nix the service. I don't really blame them for doing so, especially since they're one of the few who offer chainstitch hems in the us, and they shouldn't be expected to do that much outside hemming...

^^ Correct. Denim Revival, on 3rd St, used to be called Denim Doctors. I've read nothing but poor reviews. HTC/Denim Doctors, on Beverly, is supposed to be good.

On a side note, I like how HTC's Beverly location recently converted to all vintage. Small selection, but fun.

Chuck's is supposed to do great repairs, though not sure if M has chainstiching capabilities...?

I would be surprised if Mister Freedom was not able to do repairs/hemming, especially since his studio is above the store. Might be worth the inquiry.

I'm so happy that LA seems to be going through bit of a vintage/denim renaissance:)

Now we just need a BIG/Self Edge!!!