state your beer, drinkers

I will. Thanks for the recommendations.

I just sent Russian River a long and well written e-mail trying to get them to distribute up here in Humboldt where I go to school. I don't imagine it will work as they seem pretty reluctant to distribute to new areas, but you never know if you don't try. Wish me luck!

there has been a rumor in socal that stone is the distrobuter for russian river in socal, but still no sign of blind pig nor pliny the elder.

Good luck with that! I'd love to see Pizza Port and Alesmith in Northern California, besides at City Beer Store in SF.

Check this out...

Brian,

Thanks for the e-mail. We do hope to move into both the Mendocino and

Humboldt county market after the first of year 2009. We just finished a

major expansion, but, are still getting settled in with the new markets we

have expanded into. Once we get the current allocations set up correctly

we will look north. As I said above, that should be after the first of

the year.

Thanks again for taking the time to e-mail,

Vinnie

Sweeeeeeet...

there has been a rumor in socal that stone is the distrobuter for russian river in socal, but still no sign of blind pig nor pliny the elder.

i think it's mentioned on russian river's website that stone is their socal distributor. both blind pig and pliny are available at hi-time in costa mesa since i just picked up two of each last week.

I went to this place called the Yardhouse in San Diego a couple weeks ago; they have 100 beers or so on tap and claim to have more beers on tap than anywhere else in the country. Regardless of whether or not that is true they have some amazing shit, although the atmosphere is meh. Anyways, I went with a few friends one night and one of the dudes ordered a Miller Lite; it was fucking awesome.

Thanks.

I went to this place called the Yardhouse in San Diego a couple weeks ago; they have 100 beers or so on tap and claim to have more beers on tap than anywhere else in the country. Regardless of whether or not that is true they have some amazing shit, although the atmosphere is meh. Anyways, I went with a few friends one night and one of the dudes ordered a Miller Lite; it was fucking awesome.

Thanks.

england: the only thing i dislike about that place is the usual bro-down types that go there. I also heard the no longer sell yards of beer there, but out of both negatives...they had gulden draak last time i was there as well as nocturnum and some other of my favorites.

i think it's mentioned on russian river's website that stone is their socal distributor. both blind pig and pliny are available at hi-time in costa mesa since i just picked up two of each last week.

yea, i know where to find it on tap...bottles however is what im looking for in san diego. i can think of two places that might have it but im already broke until the 31st..state jobs suck.

england: the only thing i dislike about that place is the usual bro-down types that go there. I also heard the no longer sell yards of beer there, but out of both negatives...they had gulden draak last time i was there as well as nocturnum and some other of my favorites.

Definitely seems like a lame crowd, unfortunately. That same trip there was a group of these huge tattooed Mexican guys and they kept shouting "Oy! Oy! Oy!" and then would eat a chicken wing as fast as they could and slam the bones down on the table. You know, like a TOUGH GUY CHICKEN WING EATING COMPETITION. Motherfuckers were HARD.

Probably the second gayest thing I've ever seen. Gaslamp is full of BROS.

Definitely seems like a lame crowd, unfortunately. That same trip there was a group of these huge tattooed Mexican guys and they kept shouting "Oy! Oy! Oy!" and then would eat a chicken wing as fast as they could and slam the bones down on the table. You know, like a TOUGH GUY CHICKEN WING EATING COMPETITION. Motherfuckers were HARD.

Probably the second gayest thing I've ever seen. Gaslamp is full of BROS.

try to avoid Gaslamp as much as possible to avoid the bro-down scene. however if you are downtown next time check out neighborhood, they have a lot of good beers on tap and great food. its on G and 8th.

If anyone happens in LA, Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park has a few different Russian River brews on tap.

They have a great revolving selection. Was there on Friday, tho they were temporarily out of Pilny and Rogue's Double Dead Guy (which is what I was gunning for).

you guys really go to specific bars to drink good beer? i go to specific bars based on the type and amount of females that are present. i could give a shit about what they have on tap, as long as its import i am okay.

oh and yardhouse is deplorable. i've only been there once and with the type of and amount of women there, i am never going back again.

i'll stick to beauty bar, red room and continental room.

anyone know any other places similar to that?

^^hungover as i type this

I am out of rep. That post is neg worthy. This is not a thread about picking up chicks at bars. It's about beer. Only import? Some of the best beer in the world is American.

Oh, and Appleseed, too bad about the Pliny and Double Dead Guy. That beer's bottle is pretty crazy, haha.

i think you guys jumped the gun too quickly, i'm not saying that going to a bar to NOT pick up on girls is lame or gay or anything.

i just thought wow thats different. read the post again and you will see nothing negative towards you guys at all, whether or not you pick up a negative connotation is entirely your perception and not at all part of what i was saying.

i like good beer, but when i drink it, i don't wish to be with a bunch of bro dudes (see yardhouse).. its just unpleasant FOR ME. i'll just go buy some and take it to a friends and we'll drink and have a few laughs.

i didn't have a comment as to anyone's preferences in beer, as the conversation was slowly heading away from beer discussion and more to a bar discussion, at which point i decided to post.

so calm down guys.. lets have a beer!

^^

That's like saying, "I wear Abercrombie and True Religion jeans because that's the way to get the best women, I don't see how you guys would wear dry denim and go months without washing because all care about is taking them off at the end of the night."

Your statement shows a very limited view because there is more to life than picking up females. I'll go out to pick up chicks but sometimes I want to go somewhere with a decent selection of American craft and Belgium brews that is devoid of blaring Britney Spears and the stench of Armani

you guys really go to specific bars to drink good beer? i go to specific bars based on the type and amount of females that are present. i could give a shit about what they have on tap, as long as its import i am okay.

oh and yardhouse is deplorable. i've only been there once and with the type of and amount of women there, i am never going back again.

i'll stick to beauty bar, red room and continental room.

anyone know any other places similar to that?

^^hungover as i type this

-rep

Yes the point of going to a bar is to drink certain beers and have a good time, don't expect to go to chevys and have authentic mexican food. Neg rep for beauty bar as this is were all the scenesters go. Confidental was decent when its rented out for ASR. Only spot worth going to every Friday was land lord jims.

Yardhouse was only good for the beer selection minus the fact they don't serve yards anymore I'd only go there during happy hour or to predrink before going somewhere else.

Soonami and Renski, I owe you guys both rep when I can.

Tonight...

My favorite tripel

S1051253.jpg

and...

S1051257.jpg

Paired with a grilled tri-tip sanwich served on foccacia with brie, tomatoes, onions, and horseradish

S1051256.jpg

The dubbel was good, but the tripel with the brie and horseradish was superb.

Last night I broke into a Smuttynose variety packI brought to a friend's: Robust Porter, Shoal's Pale Ale, IPA, and Old Brown Dog Ale. I had one of all four while watching the game and each was an excellent example of their specific style. Tonight I didn't have a beer because I was studying while watching the game and the Phils lost. Lesson learned. Now I'm drinking.

2968790522_c572120824.jpg

you guys ever try rogue shakespeare stout, or rogue imperial stout? i just noticed that my favorite jiffy just got some single bottles of it, and i'm tempted to pick some up tonight.

Yes, they both be good. Though, I don't drink as many imperial stouts as I used to. The Shakespeare is great, Rogues Imperial tastes like most other imperials in my opinion, hard to tell.

B-Dawg- I was bummed, but I've had both before, and well certainly have again in the future.

2975261287_7289e140fc.jpg

Brought this, Stone's Imperial Russian Stout, to a Friend's house party last night. My friends and I really enjoyed my last bottle of this, makes me wish that I had bought a couple more to cellar and save for later

2975261287_7289e140fc.jpg

Brought this, Stone's Imperial Russian Stout, to a Friend's house party last night. My friends and I really enjoyed my last bottle of this, makes me wish that I had bought a couple more to cellar and save for later

P1060897.jpg

good buzz. i guess the trader joes holiday ale is out, which england had mentioned many pages ago. picked up two bottles as people were buying a few bottles at a time. im going to have to save these beers for another day.

Speaking of Stone, just spent the day at their brewery on Saturday. Really cool place. The Oaked Arrogant Bastard was a new one I hadn't tried and it was excellent. Highly recommend the tour/restaurant/bar.

im back in my hometown where there is a very shitty selection of beers, but i managed to get 2 beers that i havent tried before (nothing fancy at all :o )

guinnesshr6.png

suprisingly this stuff was really good compared to some of the other stouts that ive tried.

it went well with

budbn1.png

and next was rolling rock, which i found to be very overrated

rollingcockre7.png

very boring taste but easy to drink, too light for me though