state your beer, drinkers

Anyone else looking forward to Brewmasters on Discovery??? Sundays at 10et

Sam from Dogfish Head is the host.

http://blogs.discovery.com/discovery-insider/2010/11/sneak-peek-brew-masters.html

I'll watch it, but it seems just like an 1/2 hour or hour infomercial for Dogfish...

@ anybody on the west coast, is Stone Lucky Bastard easy to find out there?

I tried it this weekend in the city (alongside a tasting of 4 other variations of Arrogant Bastard) and it was the first thing from Stone that has caught my attention in a long while. I can't find it in any stores around here though.

Also had 21st Amendment Hop Crisis, first thing I've had from this brewer. I really enjoyed this one, going to seek out some more brews from them.

Thanks ren. Also, going to a Full Sail tasting tonight. Not too familiar with the brewer but I've heard the beers are pretty good, will try to snap a few pics and post some reviews.

is that the one that trader joes sells?

^^ren if/when I have a baby, I can only hope that I buy tshirts that cool for him/her to wear.

On another note, the tasting was somewhat lame. We tasted their Amber, Session Black Lager (this was decent), Pale Ale, and their IPA. I moved away from Full Sail immediately after the tasting and had the Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Barleywine on tap which I really enjoyed.. first barleywine I've actually liked in a while (first one I've had on tap in as long as I can remember). Also did Slyfox's Burns Scottish Ale but went back to the SN Barleywine after only one of them.

No pictures, sorry :o

edit: congrats if you're having/just had a baby ren :D

dscn1714p.jpg

Cracked open my friend's Temptation clone tonight. REALLY impressed with this right now, especially for the fact that my friend made it. It tastes incredibly close to Temptation, although it is just a tiny bit sweeter. Also, the dryness is not quite as sharp as Temptation, but the chardonnay taste definitely still shows through. Wish I had more of this stuff, great beer :)

I turned 21 last month and have been greatly enjoying some of my favorite beers on tap around town.. Haven't really done much exploring though recently, I've been content with Murphy's Stout and Stone Arrogant Bastard.

So, if you guys give me some recommendations on some of your favorites, I'll go try them and do some quick write ups!

Yo I just noticed this post. Where are you located destructo?? Recommendations would depend on what you can get in your area.

C'mon superbeer, y'all gotta step up your glassware game. A lambic/wild ale should be served in a champagne flute or tulip to really let the carbonation work its magic and provide a narrow opening to smell the beer. Similarly, the imperial stout should be poured into a snifter that lets you swirl it around and smell it as you drink

Had one of these yesterday. Was a bit plain to be honest, not much depth to the flavour. They also have a dark ale, which I imagine would have more guts.

599b0a37.jpg?t=1290212997

Does anyone know of any Australian distributors for US craft beer, like russian river et al?