Levi's RED Bow Jean - Pics

Crackerhead

So I just got these from Cultizm.com and am deeply in love with them and wanted to share some pictures.

DSCF3141.jpgDSCF3142.jpgDSCF3148.jpgDSCF3145.jpgDSCF3146.jpgDSCF3154.jpgDSCF3155.jpgDSCF3156.jpg

As soon as I heard about the relaunch of Levi's RED for this season, I couldn't wait to get these. The concept for the collection is based on old illustrated advertisements from the Levi's archive. Inspiration was drawn from characters such as the lanky "sidewalker" and bow-legged cowboy.

The denim is an intense green-casted indigo with red selvage, and may have one of the tightest weaves of any jeans I own. The denim is also a cotton/hemp mix. And yes, that's selvage on the waist band, and on either side of the zipper. And yes, the pocket bags are made from denim! Because of the bowed legs, the jeans stack all the way up the sides of the legs. They're kind of hard to get on, though! I'm super skinny and they're a very tight fit. I can't wait to see how these fade with wear!

I also have a feeling there will be plenty of haters, since this is a pretty extreme concept. I can see it being filed under the ugliest jeans thread already. :P

As soon as I heard about the relaunch of Levi's RED for this season, I couldn't wait to get these. The concept for the collection is based on old illustrated advertisements from the Levi's archive. Inspiration was drawn from characters such as the lanky "sidewalker" and bow-legged cowboy.

It's good to see Levi's using the Red line for more conceptual projects that aren't driven purely by commerce.

The curved seams remind me of John Flett's designs. (80's english designer, now, sadly deceased). Talking of which, the 'bags' style from the same Red collection also reminds me of the 80s - Christopher Nemeth's House of Beauty & Culture asethetic.

Oftopic, but whatever happened to Christopher Nemeth actually?

Last thing I heard was that he's in Japan and being adored over there?

I don't know, but I think you're probably correct. He may have found an afterlife in Japan amongst the goth-lolita subculture that props up Westwood. His partner in The House of Beauty & Culture, Judy Blame still seems to be going well. Athough I have no idea what happened to John Moore, the third of the trinity.

On a more dour note, so much of the creativity that blossomed up in that era, Flett, Ray Petri, Leigh Bowery etc seemed to have been tragically cut short by AIDs. :(

• 1 year later...
So I just got these from Cultizm.com and am deeply in love with them and wanted to share some pictures.

DSCF3141.jpgDSCF3142.jpgDSCF3148.jpgDSCF3145.jpgDSCF3146.jpgDSCF3154.jpgDSCF3155.jpgDSCF3156.jpg

The denim is an intense green-casted indigo with red selvage, and may have one of the tightest weaves of any jeans I own. The denim is also a cotton/hemp mix. And yes, that's selvage on the waist band, and on either side of the zipper. And yes, the pocket bags are made from denim! Because of the bowed legs, the jeans stack all the way up the sides of the legs. They're kind of hard to get on, though! I'm super skinny and they're a very tight fit. I can't wait to see how these fade with wear!

I also have a feeling there will be plenty of haters, since this is a pretty extreme concept. I can see it being filed under the ugliest jeans thread already. :P

what size are these, do the than run small? i usually run 30" do you think W32 wood be too big? THANKS!