High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

sole 2 is terrible on icy surfaces. i've slipped numerous times the past winter wearing my diemmes on those sole. nonetheless, they're nice boots.

Yeah this is true. Those soles are a joke. I fell on my ass a couple of times because of them last winter.

But such nice looking boots...

• 3 weeks later...
So after the peacoat thread came up again, I want to prepare my feets for winter.

I was looking for something similar to Timberland Abington Guide Boots, because I could mix them with a lot of my clothing closet. But due to their quality is shit and soles are crap, I am looking forward to something more practically. So maybe a pair of Diemme or so...

My question is:

Which sole to choose for snow? There are two different soles you can get by Diemmes. Could somebody please explain the advantages and weaknesses of each sole?

I could imagine that sole 1 could be better for rough underground and sole 2 maybe for muddy conditions (maybe snow?), but this is just my guess without any experience. Maybe the profile is to flat that both aren't useable for snowy conditions.

I have these Diemme hiking boots and the traction is not too bad. The fit of the 45 is a little big for a USA size 11. The leather used on both the inside and outside is really nice.

DiemmeRocciaVetBlue1.jpg

DiemmeRocciaVetBlue2.jpg

DiemmeRocciaVetBlue3.jpg

Not high fashion at all but gonna get these.

man you should definitely try these on before u buy em

i got a pair of asolo titans for general mountaineering purposes, and they are stiff as hell and take forever to break in. wear super thick socks lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok "Snowtober" in NYC today,

so it raises the question

i would like to ask.

recommendation boots for for the upcoming winter mess of slush and snow in the city.

im not gonna be hiking in them every day, they are def for city shit, but who knows it would be great to have them be able to work just as good out in the rough as well.

I'm thinking something def insulated

no Christy flat bullshit soles

no a huge fan of the bean boots either...

i want something that is gonna just be classic, and be my it's fucking nasty out boots.

so

- Danner Mountain light

- Viberg 66 series

any thoughts or recommendation please..