Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

have you tried an lx3 before? how does it compare? im tempted to 'upgrade'

i have no idea how it stacks up vs the lx3. I shoot a 5d at work and i wanted something I could pocket easily that had a fast lens (2.0) and shot raw. The control ring was pretty much icing on the cake. This thing styles all over the G11, not sure why anyone would want to even buy it now, same sensor but bulkier.

^^ fuck, your dealer got in tdi's already!? i've been waiting... pretty sure this is gonna be my next car as well. way better looking than the mk5's imo.

I got LUCKY!!!!

I placed two orders for a Golf TDI up i the Bay Area, but the orders were sitting in VW's system for months, and the orders for all US bound Golf TDIs keep getting delayed. Dealers are all just starting to receive one, maybe two cars, and thats all they are getting for the rest of the year.

Last week I started calling around to dealers to see if anyone close to home had something remotely close to my order available. One dealer found a car on a boat, coming into LA that wasn't listed as a sold car. He told me who was was getting the car. I called and the dealer didn't even know he had the car coming in. I made a deal for MSRP, paid my deposit, and waited for his word of when he would receive it. He got the car 4 days later. I bought my plane ticket to LAX, and I am driving home this morning.

It is a sick fucking ride.

I've been on vvortex for years. This is my third VW, not including the two Audis I've had. First TDI though.

The mkvi is such an advancement for VW. The only thing differentiating it from an Audi are the rings.

There are some cars around for the taking. Few and far between, but get on the ask a salesguy thread and see if mico or paul can locate one for you.

Damn dude, you definitely deserve it for all the work you put in. Good luck with it homie! You on vwvortex.com yet?

I have a white 4 door mk3 golf, and your tdi is exactly what I want to replace it with. I hate you lol. :)

can you enlighten me on why the S90 costs as much as it does, while seemingly having way less going on for it than a G10 at the same price?

I'm going with size and size alone.

But yeah man, the price VS feature ratio is like, wayyyyyy out there.

I'm going with size and size alone.

But yeah man, the price VS feature ratio is like, wayyyyyy out there.

f2 lens, amazing at low iso, the control ring and the function ring both can be set with controls, but yeah I'd say the size is the first and foremost feature. I'm not here to cheerlead for the product, it works for me as a backup to my 5d.